The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Toy Story 4

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Well hopefully we'll get all of them going on an adventure right away whenever Incredibles 3 comes out.

Wait, what? There's a third movie coming?  :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Nah. There's no third movie coming. At least not yet. That's just the fanboy in me being hopeful.

Brad Bird did mention the possibility of a third movie though, since there were ideas he had for Incredibles 2 that he wasn't able to implement due to lack of time.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Nah. There's no third movie coming. At least not yet. That's just the fanboy in me being hopeful.

Brad Bird did mention the possibility of a third movie though, since there were ideas he had for Incredibles 2 that he wasn't able to implement due to lack of time.

Ah, okay. I just got taken off guard for a second. I haven't seen the second movie yet, even though I loved the first one.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had a lot of fun with Incredibles 2. One of Pixar's better films, imo. Although I am rather biased towards Incredibles and Toy Story in general. Those and Inside Out are my favourites of Pixar's.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, finally watched it for the first time.  On Disney Plus of all things.

I wouldn't say I hated it, but I am more disappointed by a few things.  I would say that this was a good way to end it, (And yes, this ends things completely.  There is no going back with how they ended it.) but if we ended with 3, it would have been better.  I feel like I have to go into Spoilers just to explain my problem.  A part of me doesn't want to though.  I will say that this was the worst of the 4 Toy Story movies.

I really wish this was better, but what are you going to do?

So yeah, this is it.  It ends here, and it's been quite the ride.  Even though it had an end that was a bit disappointing, it was a good one.  I for one enjoyed it.

That's all from me.  See ya later! :wave

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I haven’t seen Toy Story 4. I read they ruined Woody’s character. For me Toy Story 2 will always be the apex of the franchise. 

Zurg: No Buzz.. I am your father.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't feel they ruined Woody at all. I'd say he was the best developed character of the film, in fact. But yeah, I agree with pretty much everything pokeplayer984 said. The film was enjoyable, but I did find it to be a significant step backward from the previous three, and kinda underwhelming all in all. Which is a bit ironic considering that Toy Story 4 was one of my most anticipated movies of 2019, but oh well. Interestingly, I saw the film with my mother and she loved it. She said she liked it the most of all four movies.

Toy Story 3 is still my personal favourite, and probably my favourite Pixar film in general. :yes
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:45:34 PM by StardustSoldier »