The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Update: Mega Update to be Delayed

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I usually do a mega update on Fridays. this particular friday I wanted to have a full chapter of my book ready to be released to the groups and communities. Unfortunately I have nothing at all ready for this Friday. So its with great disappointment that I have to announce a delay in this week's mega update.

This past week I was supposed to be working on this material, but I ended up having to go back to my mother's to take care of the pets while they went to yet another funeral (people are dropping like flies in this family!) but that's no excuse. I could had done some work over there, but I let myself get distracted and became lazy.

When I came home today I decided to arrange my room for a better work area, my mind is set once again to do as I promised the community and have something ready by this coming Tuesday and next Friday.

I also missed doing an update this past Tuesday (my updates are always Tuesdays and Fridays of every week) and for that, I owe my readers an apology.

Anyway, with that unfortunate notification out of the way, I can post a few good things to look forward to...

My recent distractions have got me interested in doing something a little extra with my artwork called anaglyphic 3d. This requires the use of those nifty (goofy looking) 3d glasses with red and blue frames.

I did a recent test with my last art thumbnail, seperating the picture into layers and adjusting them accordingly, then I ran them through some software that turns the image into an anaglyph image. Here's the results (Hops some of you atleast have these special glasses for the sake of viewing this!)

I am also experimenting with photography anaglyphs and 3d meshes in anaglyph. Its a simple process with these while the artwork takes some pretty heavy manual work with layers.

Here's an example of an anaglyph mesh:

And if you dont happen to have anaglyph glasses, here's an image where all you do is cross your eyes until the images match up and the 3D works!

And here's an example of an anaglyph photo:

unfortunately, I do not have a crosseye view for either of the photo or the artwork. But it is possible to make your own homemade anaglyph glasses, you just need red and blue transparent material. Make sure the red frame is over your right eye and the blue frame is over your left eye. there are websites about making sterio glasses, and there are sites where you can purchase them offline (not all are the goofy paper types, there are plastic frames though they're a few dollars more expensive than the paper stuff) or you can get some from Wal Mart (Hana Montana or Spy Kids 3D pairs) or the dollar Tree (kiddie 3D books from the book isle) or get them free from your local cinema.

I will be posting more 3D works in the future, so be sure to have yourself a pair of those glasses!

Or you could just cross your eyes at the sterio pairs (like the shroom image) I'll make sure to include both versions of each anaglyphic image!

Anyway, that is all I have for now. I guess I can say that this is somewhat of a Mega Update. Just not the stuff I promised... =P

More to come!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice pictures, good luck on getting more of the chosen tasks of yours closer to finished.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear about another loss in the family. I lost 2 relatives within 2 weeks of each other in 2006 and it was a really tough time.. keep up the good work, and don't forget to take a breather every now and then.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
thanks, Kor, and Nick for the comments. and I assure you, I had plenty of a breather over the week =)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear about your loss.  Interesting perspective on the photos.  I'm not a fan of 3-d glasses because its hard to get them to work over my normal ones. :p  Have fun practicing on the technique.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The double pictures of the mushrooms reminds me of the stereoscopic thing (forgot it's exact name) that was available in the 19th century.  Some folks would get some pictures of various things, landmarks, and other sorts of things and look through them.  They had a picture for each eye and looking in both eye pieces you'd see the picture in 3d.  Unlike the toy (forgot it's name) that has round slides you put into it and a clicker on the side to advance it, the 19th century one you could put in just 1 card with 2 pictures and had to replace it to look at another.

Edit: Found a page that had some pictures of what I was talking about.  http://www.gilai.com/scripts/items2/photog...copy-yes-1.html

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Feb 21 2009 on  09:14 AM
The double pictures of the mushrooms reminds me of the stereoscopic thing (forgot it's exact name) that was available in the 19th century.  Some folks would get some pictures of various things, landmarks, and other sorts of things and look through them.  They had a picture for each eye and looking in both eye pieces you'd see the picture in 3d.  Unlike the toy (forgot it's name) that has round slides you put into it and a clicker on the side to advance it, the 19th century one you could put in just 1 card with 2 pictures and had to replace it to look at another.

Edit: Found a page that had some pictures of what I was talking about.  http://www.gilai.com/scripts/items2/photog...copy-yes-1.html
yeah, there's a whole bunch of online galleries that do the sterioscope images, having pictures placed side by side where you have to cross your eyes to see them in 3D.

pretty much the anaglyph images are a combination of both images.

One picture is taken for the left eye (the main image) and the other is taken for the right eye (move the camera an inch or two to the right and snap the same picture again)

so both images are just a different prospective (or angle, just a few inches difference)