The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lion King RP

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
OK, clearly it was a mistake to mention the lion guard.

So, I was thinking a rival Pride invades, forcing Simba to ask Shenzi and her clan for help in exchange for a home in the pride lands.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Why would Simba ask Hyenas for help though? After they helped kill his father and fought on Scar's side I doubt he'll be very fond of them, and wasn't it said in Simba's Pride that all the hyenas ran off or did I miss-hear?

And wouldn't what is really two prides (Pridelanders and the Outsiders) be able to beat one? Unless it's a supersized pride for some reason, which if we do do this would need explaining. If it's just a regular pride pretty sure the united prides will handle it just fine.

It seems kinda too soon to do something like this anyway, Kopa just returned and the family still needs to get over the shock of it all, Kopa still needs to settle back in and catch up with his parents, meet Kiara etc.

And then there will be the problem with having to strip the rights of inheriting the kingdom from Kiara and Kovu since by default, Kopa is the rightful heir. It would be best to get that out the way first before having something like that.

Not saying no to a rival pride all together, it's just way too soon and it needs to be more thought out between the group, we would need a reason for the Prides to be rivals enough for the other to try and invade.

Some RPS do have a Skype chat to discuss their RP in, it's helpful since everyone can discuss something at the same time without waiting for a forum reply, we could try that, unless one of us don't have a Skype account then that may be a problem.

Just think it will be easier to discuss what happens in the RP as a group like that, communication between members is as important for a successful RP as the plot is, without communication half the time people won't know what's going on or what they are met to be doing.

But hey, I'm not in charge here so who am I to say.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
kiara is inheriting from Nala and lionesses have their own hierarchy-  the queen followed by her daughters and daughtersinlaw. so she wouldnt get completely screwed like Scar was by being the second male. But i agree, a skype chat room should be set up so we can hash stuff out there and avoid lots of OOC talk. Ultimately what will happen is Kopa and Kovu will form what is called a coalition,  where the two of them rule the kingdom together in a partnership. however that will come about later, after the two form a bond of trust, the kind Mufasa never did with Scar. Most real life prides are lead by such coalitions, usually they are brothers although sometimes they arent related. in this case they are- by marriage.  I'm not sure if any of you have skype accounts. i do.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
no skype chat. That;s why this topic exists.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lord Beerus,Dec 14 2015 on  06:16 AM
no skype chat. That;s why this topic exists.
True that, but not sure where you have done a RP in the past but here it's common for groups to form Skype chats, many find it easier since it's a live chat and can also be used for non-RP chat between members, it's nice to know  a little bit about the others your RPing with, least to me I like to get to know them a bit makes it easier to work with them rather then everyone just being a stranger who happens to also like The Lion King. Plus there is the bonus of being able to talk about the RP between members only, here anyone can read our discussion, not really a problem I know but if we're discussing a big idea, the live chat would be better then waiting for the rest of the members to check here and post a reply then repeat.

In a RP I'm in, we have a Skype chat and while it started out as RP based only we're all now pretty much friends asking how each others days were, joking around, even playing games like Civilization together,  we are much closer then we were now, making the RP easier now we understand each others personality, some of us don't like writing gory stuff, some of us like making detailed posts, some like to focus on their characters emotions.

Course, we can't force you into a Skype chat it was just a suggestion, I use Skype more often then I check here, so if someone on GOF needs to reach me that tends to be the fastest way, course others will check here more often then Skype just depends on the person.

If we do decided to create a Skype group I would gladly set one up, I would just need peoples Skype usernames to add you in.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
alright we'll continue. nahla i'll add you as a skype contact i just need your skype name.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll post in a couple hours away  from home right  now and I wrote a draft of what  I wanted Nala's response to be so I would have as general idea but it saved on my vomputer abdwriting this on my phone while I wait  in line at the bank.

My skype name  is equitalesse if  any of you fo eush to add me, just ssy you're  from GOF so I know why random  people are adding me.

Just give me about 3 or 4 hours to post for Nala  then we can carry  on.

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
OK, at the risk of going off topic (again), I got a Power rangers rp I hope to get going.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Personally I don't mind the show... But why isn't Kiara an adult? If she had a younger brother as a cub we should have saw him in TLK 2. In TLG she should really be an adult. They said the voice actor for Adult Kovu will be on the show eventually... But how will that be if Kiara isn't an adult?
8 years with TGOF :yum

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just out of curiosity besta, how did Kiara get all the way from the edge of the kingdom (where Nala and Kopa are) to pride rock? second, shouldn't she be reacting to the news that she has a big brother?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm confused on whats going on.

I thought everyone was talking with Kopa but now everyone expect Kopa and Nala have gone back to Pride Rock? Am I missing something?

Like what am I meant to do now? I'm seriously confused on what is going on, are we going back to Pride Rock or something?

Someone explain please, everyone is doing their own thing and I have no clue what is meant to be going on.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
kopa is suppose to be talking to Kiara and we'll have Rahiki come by Pride rock to officially conform Kopa is who he say he is. But, Nala Kopa, Kiara and Simba are on the outskirts of the kingdom. Kiara should still be there. thees a lot of jumping arund, which doesnt male much sense.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Dec 14 2015 on  08:45 PM
Personally I don't mind the show... But why isn't Kiara an adult? If she had a younger brother as a cub we should have saw him in TLK 2. In TLG she should really be an adult. They said the voice actor for Adult Kovu will be on the show eventually... But how will that be if Kiara isn't an adult?
Because the show takes place before simba's pride, or at least prior to kovu and Kiara's fist meeting.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Dec 15 2015 on  03:13 PM
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Dec 14 2015 on  08:45 PM
Because the show takes place before simba's pride, or at least prior to kovu and Kiara's fist meeting.
I thought it was because the show is made and written by a completely team then the ones who made Simba's Pride so they are telling the story their own way.

Personally I wish the people who made the original film made the sequel and actually made it worthy to be a TLK sequel..only thing I really like about the sequel is Vitani and the song 'We are One'..rest of it..kept me interested to watch the whole thing over and over but can't hold a candle to the original .

To me it is just a spin-off anyway not related to the movies, like the Timon and Pumbaa series that aired back in the day.

Did watch the whole first episode...it's ok..didn't really care for it..hate how the they change the characters personalities...I thought Kiara didn't want to be Queen?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
They might be retconning simba's pride out of canon. If so, We might see Vitani and kovu as part of the lion guard LOL.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Dec 14 2015 on  09:45 PM
kopa is suppose to be talking to Kiara and we'll have Rahiki come by Pride rock to officially conform Kopa is who he say he is. But, Nala Kopa, Kiara and Simba are on the outskirts of the kingdom. Kiara should still be there. thees a lot of jumping arund, which doesnt male much sense.
So sorry! I read the RP on my pone and I must have accidentally skipped a section!

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Dec 14 2015 on  10:46 PM
Quote from: Rocky,Dec 15 2015 on  03:13 PM

Did watch the whole first episode...it's ok..didn't really care for it..hate how the they change the characters personalities...I thought Kiara didn't want to be Queen?
Omg exactly! As a cub she didn't want to be queen because she felt as if it weren't fun! why does Disney have to change her?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
its ok besta ' you just have to go back and edit that post in the rp to change it ' theres an edit button on top of each post.

as for Kiara not wanting to be queen, that an argument for having more than 1 cub. if Kiara doesnt want to be queen, fine, they'll give that responsibility to someone else who DOES want it(to be queen , or more likely, king). If she doesnt want to be queen, then she wont BE queen. but them she doesn't get to change her mind about it later. You dont want the job, fine but dont complain when we give it to someone else.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Kiara was with her family* Mother... do you think... he really is Kopa?