The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Martial Arts

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Back during my elementary school and high school years I used to take Taekwondo courses on a regular basis.  I haven't taken a course in years, but I do credit my experience in those courses with helping me learn self-discipline and a stronger sense of self-confidence.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Brazilian jiu-jitsu for a few years. Thought I would need it for high school, never did.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have just started learning Shaolin Kung Fu.  It's quite a workout, and different from Tae Kwon Do in that there's more fluidity in the movements.  I'm self-learning this style, and looking into taking up a different martial art☺.

*I have previously earned my black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
*I have taken the self-defense course and taught a couple of friends and coworkers under the table...since I don't have an official certification :p.
*I have gotten really good at boxing and now I'm focusing on kickboxing too.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
One of my friends (US Army) gave me a quick and short lesson on army combatives.

I'd still probably consider taking Krav Maga or some other hybrid combatives system. I'm not interested in belts or ranks or any of that, I just want to be able to protect myself.

And of course, I definitely pistol or rifle shooting. Seriously, it is considered a martial art.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha I'm a lost cause on stuff like this. Nerds and sports stereotypically don't get along; I am a prime example of this.  :lol  :sducky

I did karate at elementary age but only for 2 years. I didn't care for it and wasn't particularly talented. The closest I've ever been to being in a sporting course other than that was a bowling league I was part of as a kid. I was decent - not great but decent.

I don't really have much interest in spending my time in activities like these. Don't get me wrong, I love casual sports with friends but I'm destined to suck at them.  :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I am trained in the European Martial Arts.

My focuses are:

Spadda de Longa (Italian Long Sword)
Spadda de Filio (Side Sword)
Sword and Shield
Half Swording
Sabre (Saber)

I was trained by Sword Master of twenty years who won tournaments all over the world and was knighted.

I have self taught myself:

Kenjitsue (Kendo, Samurai Sword)
Ninjitsue
Tiger
Crane
Mantis

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith