The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Team

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What's everyone's favorite team? Mine is the Toronto Raptors, in the NBA, for obvious reasons.

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
My Favorite Team Is The Washington Redskins. What Do You Think?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mines the Green Bay Packers although I like all wisconsin-based teams..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
NBA: Toronto Raptors
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Mets
NHL: Nashville Predators

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
New York Yankee fan, born and bred!

Lets go Yanks! Make it 27!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They haven't won a title since 2000, although they made the WS in 2001 and 2003..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
We decided to take a break, give others a chance for once  :p
Besides, this will be our season, its goin to happen!

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Raga you're a Yankee fan too? I'm from Jersey and ever since I really started liking baseball in general about maybe 99 or 2000 I have been a Yankee fan ever since.

My favorite football team would be the Patriots. Believe me I get a lot of surprised looks when people find out who my favorite football team is.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ever since Micheal Jordan retired I wasn't into the NBA like that but the LA. Lakers do look "off the Chain" (Cool)

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Dash, your a Yankee fan AND a patriots fan???  :blink:
I didn't even know that was possible!

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Apr 25 2009 on  02:31 PM
Dash, your a Yankee fan AND a patriots fan???  :blink:
I didn't even know that was possible!
Let me explain..... Ya see I was never really a fan of football. I mean I have always and will always be a basefall fan till the day I die. But..... one day I was at a friends house I didn't feel like telling him to turn it off or anything.And that one day I actually got interested in football I like. And guess who was playing? That's right the Patriots. So, I guess the reason I like the Patriots is that they were actually the team that got me interested a little bit in football.

We decided to take a break, give others a chance for once  :p
Besides, this will be our season, its goin to happen!

Frankly I'd really love to make the World Series but I would be happy with just about any team winning the World Series as long as I don't hear this...............

"OH MY GOD THEY'VE DONE IT. THE BOSTON RED SOX ARE THE 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If that happens again I swear to god all the remaining hair left on my head will be pulled out in a fit of anger.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I'm a New York Yankees fan... although the Mets had a great year back in 1986... I like the fact that the Yankees have a New Stadium as well. I actually went to a game at old Yankee Stadium, and while it was very historic and a critical place for the sport... to tell you the truth, it was kind of a dump... run down, crowded, and with a lot of litter.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think they should preserve the old Yankee stadium as a historical lansdmark. they tear down all the old bballparks where so much history was made.. and that history is lost..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, historic as it was, it still needed a major overhaul; it really was kind of old and decrepit... not to mention it smelled kind of bad.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the did renomvate it in the 70s. before that it was huge. imagine how mabny more homers Ruuth would have hit with that "short porch" in right
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good point. The house Ruth built... well, it had a good run. I wish that they could have renovated it again, but having a new stadium is not a bad thing either. I saw one of the last games there... Yankees won!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The 1998 Yankees were imo the best baseball team in the klast 60 years..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was a huge Chicago Bulls fan growing up, but lost interest when all the good players left (Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippin, and Dennis Rodman).  Well, let's see...

Football: Pittsburgh Steelers
Hockey: Detroit Redwings
Baseball: Chicago Cubs
Basketball: Detroit Pistons

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for other sports... I like the knicks and the giants... I've never liked ice hockey much... although I still like the 1980 miracle on ice!

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,May 31 2009 on  08:27 PM
I'm a New York Yankees fan... although the Mets had a great year back in 1986... I like the fact that the Yankees have a New Stadium as well. I actually went to a game at old Yankee Stadium, and while it was very historic and a critical place for the sport... to tell you the truth, it was kind of a dump... run down, crowded, and with a lot of litter.
Oh, yeah I hear ya. Even the employees at the stadium were rude as hell back at the old stadium,

I went to Camden Yards about 2 years ago. (Where the Orioles play) And the employees were extremely nice.