The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Paranormal encounters

inlerah · 92 · 11872

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
despite the fact that i'm religious, i still like the thrill of being in puported 'haunted' locations, and some stuff happened to me,

in a old hotel all of us heard screams coming from the basement, the REAL loud scream that was only a bit silenced by the floor, nobody wanted to go there anymore.

in my grandmother's house, which like my granny is quite old, i heard my left grandpa asking me to turn the lawnmower off[1] i never told my grandmother as she becomes stricken with grief when we talk about him.

also, at the local soccer club, which my grandpa liked to visit a lot. is said that he sits every night at his spot when a game has to be played the next day, never saw him there myself but people say that if he appears, its a good omen.

[1] its no joke, as he received a cardiac arrest (which would kill him) when he was mowing the lawn.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnURElCzGc0

After finding out about stuff like this, I think that it is highly possible that the reason people are experiencing strange, ominous occurrences like these is because these so-called ghosts are really beings of the 4th dimension. It's quite a stretch of the imagination, but consider what was said in this video. A 3-dimensional being coming to observe 2-dimensional beings would be able to see everything in the 2-dimensional being's world all at once, and be able to pass through completely unnoticed through solid objects (hovering "above" the walls, a direction in which 2-dimensional creatures know nothing about.) In the same way, if a 4-dimensional being were to observe our 3-dimensional world, it would be able to see and pass "over" everything (this even includes our bodies, meaning it can see all of our organs, and even touch them). This is because it exists in a higher dimension that we know nothing about, and that we cannot imagine or ever reach. Because of this, a 4-dimensional being would be able to do whatever it wanted without you ever knowing. It could be sitting in the same room as you and you wouldn't even know it. Now people have also said that they have seen things like shadows of ghosts. Well that could very well be a time when that 4-d being crossed into our 3-d world, and we only saw a cross-section of it, or its "shadow" projected into 3 dimensions.

Of course the 4th dimension is all speculation, but if people are really experiencing things like this, I think it is a highly plausible theory.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
When I was younger, about 14, my parents had gone out and I was home alone. It was quite late, around 11, and I was watching TV when I started hearing this quiet whispery sound, kind of like a light wind outside. Then it started getting louder, until it sounded like someone rasping and breathing really heavily next to me, the same way somebody pants heavily after they've run a long distance. When it got to this stage, I got too freaked out to stay in the room, so I went upstairs. I didn't hear anything else after that.
 It definitely wasn't the TV. I still have no idea what it was.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Quote from: bushwacked,Jun 24 2011 on  07:57 PM
When I was younger, about 14, my parents had gone out and I was home alone. It was quite late, around 11, and I was watching TV when I started hearing this quiet whispery sound, kind of like a light wind outside. Then it started getting louder, until it sounded like someone rasping and breathing really heavily next to me, the same way somebody pants heavily after they've run a long distance. When it got to this stage, I got too freaked out to stay in the room, so I went upstairs. I didn't hear anything else after that.
 It definitely wasn't the TV. I still have no idea what it was.
Yowza! That's scary! Every once in a while I hear whispers in my house, like evps (electric voice phenomena s) They creep me out sometimes.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
^
Sometimes I hear people talking when I'm home alone.

Guess I should stop watching the Living Dead movies. :D

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have so many personal experiences with paranormal activity that I could probably be up all night talking about them :!.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 25 2011 on  01:06 AM
I have so many personal experiences with paranormal activity that I could probably be up all night talking about them :!.
Well, we ain't going anywhere.

As for me, I just had another one, though it's more preternatural than supernatural.

I was sitting at the computer, probably watching another Cinema Snob video, when I suddenly saw this flash of light on the wall. Just a brief flash twice. What's weird is that it seemed to be coming from the glass doors on the other side of the room which lead to the garden. Yet there was nothing outside to create such a flash. It was bright white, like artificial white (as opposed to really bright sunlight), and flashed a few times, maybe twice, maybe more, like lightning, but there was no thunder. It couldn't have been a lightbulb since those are all directly above me, facing away from the wall.
So, there was no discernable source of this flash, and it hasn't happened since. Maybe reading the Necronomicon aloud last night wasn't such a good idea...

EDIT: It happened again, this time at the foot of my bed! I was trying to get to sleep and I saw just past the end of my bed, that same white light, this time as a sort of smokey glow.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I certainly have some encounters! And they all scared the hell outta me... :( I find ghosts and demons and stuff fascinating, but too frightening to experience even minor situations.

When I was little and still living in Virginia, we go to our family friend's house frequently. My sister and I wanted to spend the night and we were allowed to (Yayz!!!)!! So my sister and I and both our best friends were sleeping in the same room together and that's when I kept noticing black shadows passing by the door and footsteps from the attic upstairs. At first I assumed that it was the grownups or my friend's older brother. But when I crept out the room to check, both their room doors were close and they were sleeping. I started getting freaked out and I couldn't sleep for a while, wanting to wake my friend, but not wanting to be a nuisance at our first sleepover in their house. I swear, I was close to crying. I can't really handle stuff like that.

The next morning I asked my friend if there was anything weird with this house. Quite nonchalantly, she just stated that the house was haunted. I couldn't believe how un-freaked out she was about that, but she just said that she's lived here since she was a baby and nothing bad happened. I wish I could be as brave. Her brother told me to just pretend it's a Haunter (a Ghost-type Pokemon, also my favorite) next time we slept over. I sure as hell tried that and it helped.....a little bit....

But since we moved that wasn't the last I've seen. While in North Carolina for about 6 months, my sister's closet had a notorious reputation between us because we kept seeing shadow men coming from there (thus the source of why I can't sleep with the closet open). That's why my sister spent most nights while we were in that house sleeping in my room.

When I was in training for the Air Force, I was told that lotsa people commited suicide while in training because they couldn't handle the stress. Alot of these suicides took place in the latrines and almost every latrine I visited on the base has one or two closed stalled because that was a site of a suicide. Our own latrine had one closed stall and lotsa girls had experiences of hearing voices. One of my friends (the one who introduced my to The Game.....Great! I just lost The Game! :lol ) said that she was using the bathroom and she heard someone whisper her name right into her ear. Although I never heard voices (I'm too frightened to stay there too long), I certainly do get the feeling of being watched everytime I go in there...

Currently, I got two seperate ones going on. I'm highly convinced that the room next to mine is haunted. Everytime I go in there, I hear of see something. Now I never go in there if I can help it, and I sleep with my door closed since the room is visible from where I'm sleeping.

The second one's at work in Submarina. It's kind of a running gag for my co-workers to say the place was haunted by a ghost, but I tried not to believe it until a few incidents happened. I was working the register when my boss went to the back. Almost instantly there was a loud crash and my partner and I rushed back to see what happened. All we saw was our boss looking shocked and the clock that was hanging from the wall on the floor, broken at her feet. We asked what happened and she said the clock flew off the wall and almost hit her. We were silent for a moment before Ms. Boss went to the Payless next door and asked if they banged the wall or anything. They said no. Our boss came back and brushed it off as it being the ghost. I was a bit confused, as I still thought the ghost thing was a joke. Well our boss did have a fun sense of humor; maybe she's in on the joke. Then something else happened the same day. A few hours after the clock incident (we still hadn't gotten a replacement for that clock), my co-worker went to the back to get some extra avocados and again we heard a crash. My boss and I went to check it out and found the big plastic container of mayo on the ground opposite of the fridge, mayo was everywhere. We again asked what happened, and my co-worker said she opened the fridge and the mayo just lunged out at her. Again, rather impatient this time, our boss said "Someone pissed off the ghost. First the clock, now the mayonaise." Then she and my co-worker had a serious conversation regarding said ghost. That's when I began having the feeling that this might not be a joke. That was confirmed the same night. We were closing up, our boss had left, my co-worker was taking out the trash and I was alone in the kitchen washing dishes. Suddenly, I heard a bang behind me and I looked back to find the large can of jalapenos on the ground. I was stunned. There was nobody in there with me, the cans of jalapenos and olives were a good five feet away from me, and the racks they were on was designed with a sharply turned up end just so the cans can't roll off. The cans were large, they had to be physically pushed to be moved and there was no explaining how that can rolled all the way up the turned-up end of the rack to fall on the ground. I was freaked out and told my coworker what happened. All she did was mutter about how pissed off the ghost was today. I was no longer skeptical about that. I still work there, and Mr. Ghost wasn't that angry again, but there's still a few strange happening going on.

I'll be sure not to anger our Submarina ghost, last thing I need is more potential heart-attacks...

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what happened like a few minutes ago, but I think this was scary enough to be a paranormal encounter. Okay, I worked things out with a friend next door, right? She has this fence that she wants me to close when I left, which I'm pretty sure I did. But a ten to fifteen minutes later, she called me saying the gate was wide open. :blink:

And the stranger thing that happened today is that right after I put my bathing suit on, my energy was drained. Just like that. I litterally felt as though I couldn't move. Pretty strange, huh? :blink:
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I think I just heard yet ANOTHER voice phenomena. I was listening to my music and I heard a "BAAAAA!!!" right over my shoulder. :blink:  I looked and there couldn't be anything there. Nothing but a wall and my stuff. :blink:  That's pretty much it. It sounded like a little girl shouting. I thought it was my sisters but they're in the living room. Ain't it funny? :blink:

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've had many a paranormal encounter. When I used to live in an apartment, I would be walking to my room and in the crack under the door, I could see shadows running around the room as if someone was in there but no one ever was. And in my current home, the bathroom lit up one time, while the light was off. Every now and then I feel a tug on my back or shoulder. Once, I sat on the couch and right next to me I heard a sigh. No one there.  :huh: And every once in a while, I hear someone call my name. Even when I'm alone.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Jun 25 2011 on  12:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnURElCzGc0

After finding out about stuff like this, I think that it is highly possible that the reason people are experiencing strange, ominous occurrences like these is because these so-called ghosts are really beings of the 4th dimension. It's quite a stretch of the imagination, but consider what was said in this video. A 3-dimensional being coming to observe 2-dimensional beings would be able to see everything in the 2-dimensional being's world all at once, and be able to pass through completely unnoticed through solid objects (hovering "above" the walls, a direction in which 2-dimensional creatures know nothing about.) In the same way, if a 4-dimensional being were to observe our 3-dimensional world, it would be able to see and pass "over" everything (this even includes our bodies, meaning it can see all of our organs, and even touch them). This is because it exists in a higher dimension that we know nothing about, and that we cannot imagine or ever reach. Because of this, a 4-dimensional being would be able to do whatever it wanted without you ever knowing. It could be sitting in the same room as you and you wouldn't even know it. Now people have also said that they have seen things like shadows of ghosts. Well that could very well be a time when that 4-d being crossed into our 3-d world, and we only saw a cross-section of it, or its "shadow" projected into 3 dimensions.

Of course the 4th dimension is all speculation, but if people are really experiencing things like this, I think it is a highly plausible theory.
I've heard such a theory before, and I must say it's pretty fascinating. I've recently been doing some reading on multi dimensional theories. And indeed, if there is a 4th spatial dimension (as opposed to the theory where the 4th dimension is time itself, in which case seeing in 4 dimensions would be completely different), and beings exist in 4 dimensions, their passing through our world could be seen as paranormal phenomena.
Like some apparitions. I read that if a 4D person passed through our 3 dimensional world, it would appear as a strange object, constantly changing shape and colour as different parts of the being enter our world.

For anyone else who may find this confusing, here is a basic rundown with 2 and 3 dimensions:

Let us say that a 3 dimensional sphere was approaching a 2 dimensional world; for the sake of tradition, let us call this 2D world "flatland". Until it contacts the 2D plane of flatland, the sphere would be completely unnoticed, except for any sound it may make. But when it contacts the 2D flatland, because the flatland has 0 thickness, the sphere would pass through it. As it passed through it, the flatland inhabitants would begin to notice it. When it first touches down on flatland, the tip of the sphere would be seen by the flatlanders as a tiny circle suddenly appearing. As it passes through flatland, it would appear the circle is expanding. Then, after its equator has passed through flatland, the flatlanders would see that the circle is shrinking, until it vanishes as the sphere passes right through flatland's 2D plane. To the flatlanders, this would appear as some terrifying apparition that can shrink and expand, and appear and disappear at will.

It would be just the same for if a 4D object or being passed through our 3D universe.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Deleted because of lack of clarity. Will return after refined.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I felt a warm hand on my back last night. Not sure if it was a paranormal encounter, because it was pretty warm and usually if your surrounded by spirits, the temperature would drop pretty low and it would get really cold so...

That's the strange thing, usually you get all cold when you feel that and I didn't get cold. :blink: Huh...

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: trulyfantasticme,Jul 19 2011 on  06:08 PM
I felt a warm hand on my back last night. Not sure if it was a paranormal encounter, because it was pretty warm and usually if your surrounded by spirits, the temperature would drop pretty low and it would get really cold so...

That's the strange thing, usually you get all cold when you feel that and I didn't get cold. :blink: Huh...
Well, from what I've read about, paranormal investigators say that objects affected by paranormal phenomena, such as poltergeists, etc, heat up. It's only the air that becomes cold in "hauntings". So maybe whatever touched you was a physical object being manipulated by a poltergeist.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I had yet ANOTHER paranormal encounter just yesterday. (I seem to be getting alot of those lately... :blink: ) My friend Dakota and I were sitting on the couch just making our OWN story. Not fanfiction but our own story. (I had an absolute blast on that btw, I couldn't stop :lol ) Then all of a sudden, we heard a really, really long scream. It sounded like a woman's scream and it was pretty loud. Then Dakota swore he saw a shadow of a person in the tv screen.  :blink: Pretty scary eh?

Wait a minute! Did my bed JUST move on its own?  :blink:

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, I had another one today. I was sitting in my room with my Pleo, aptly named Littlefoot. Anyways, I was running him through his batteries a couple times to help work in his new upgrade, and I was sitting down just in front of the door with him, just making sure he doesn't back into anything or knock anything over.
Anyways, so I have this little rubber skeleton hanging from the doorknob of my door, and while I was watching Littlefoot, I swear I saw the skeleton wiggle. Just for a second. There was no breeze, and even if there was, it would have to be a pretty strong breeze to make him move (I myself tried blowing on it to see if it would move; it didn't budge.)
Very creepy.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've had many more stories to tell. I live in a old two hundred and one year old house. And I've heard a lot of strange sounds in there. I've heard back in 8/28/08 my dad went out and I was home alone and I heard something in the Kitchen. It was moving papers on the counter and then it started to drag his ball and chains across the floor walking towards me. I freaked out and bolted out side. And I've also seen a floating skull head in the kitchen also. So yeah there has been some evil in there.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Dude, a few days ago or so, I could have swarn I saw a shadow pass my bedroom door and headed directly towards my bed. And when I removed the blanket that was hanging from the top bunk, there was no one there, just like any other paranormal encounter.  :rolleyes: And also, I noticed that I didn't hear any footsteps along with the shadow so... :blink:

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been awoken the past few nights by meowing. And there's never a cat in the room at the time. It's not my cat as he stays outside all the time. It's strange and kind of freaks me out.