The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Let us have Lettuce

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Things go good, Kor. At least you've got the familiar avatar. Is the wiki running okay? I asked Wikia today for a spotlight, here's hoping they accept, eh? Just by reviewing the Recent Changes, things seem to be petering down over there; a spotlight's just what we need right now.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not the type to change avatars.  I know some like that, I like ot keep mine the same.  Things seem to be going ok over at the lbt wiki, but a bit slow as far as editing.  I put in some pictures of some of the tiny sauruces.  Not sure where else I can help, and playing Oblivion eats hours everyday that I play it.  I hope the spotlight helps, even if I do not know what it is, good luck.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Basically, a spotlight puts a little picture in the upper-right hand corner of every wiki in Wikia, "advertising" whatever wiki is in that picture. To be brief, our wiki will have an advertisment in every single wiki in Wikia for a couple weeks. Pretty impressive considering the two of us compose of 40% of the active users.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope that helps.  Any areas you want me to focus on?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The two things they're going to check is the recent changes to make sure every user has been welcomed, and the list of uncategorized pages to ensure that is lower than 100. Both paremeters have been met, but the closer to perfection the better, and some of the uncategorized pages (like Hyp, Nod & Mut) are pretty easy to categorize.

But really, you've categorized so many already we should be in the green. I shold be thanking you.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Part of the problem is I've noticed if I do add in a category or a redirect it does not seem to know that.  

You surprised in the changes around here in the time you've been gone?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, I'm picking that up too. Like, I added a "Lists" category to get rid of all the pages that were "Lists of Land Before Time somethingorother's," and they were still there anyway. Oh well. Maybe it just takes time.

And as for the massive changes thing, well, maybe I overexaggerated. I was just put off seeing so many avatars that I didn't recognize, especially when tacked onto names that I did.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The way some change avatars often can be surprising or shocking.  Though some folks do like to change their avatars and / or their signatures.  Some once in a while and some often.  

I wonder if that thing about pages staying listed in the uncategorized pages is a bug or something in whatever program is used.  I wonder if someone can be asked about that.  Even some deleted pages are still listed on there.  Pretty sloppy program I think.