The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Disliked LBT Sequel

MurMur · 23 · 3289

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Which Land Before Time sequel do you dislike the most, and why? Pick a sequel, and don't forget to explain your choice.
As you can see, there's no "Invasion of the Tinysauruses", "The Great Day of the Flyers" or "The Wisdom of Friends" on the list. This is because everyone would choose those films, and that would be boring, right?
I repeat, you cannot vote for these three films!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First I have to say that I really like LBT 11+12 especially 12 for some reasons.

I'm stuck between 2 and 6... It doesn't mean I hate those sequels... they're just my most disliked sequels...
LBT2: I don't know why, but I just don't like it as much as other movies
LBT6: I don't like Littlefoot's 'fandom' of Doc. The whole story( and his voice as well) annoys me a bit.
But unlike many others I don't have any problems with Dinah and Dana...

Well, I have to make a decision so I'll vote for( or against???) LBT 2
Inactive, probably forever.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
For me, it was eight. There was no clear goal or sense of peril in the movie. Plus, it has my least favorite song: The Mad Song.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Probably eight for me too...no wait, scratch that; ten! I hated Littlefoot's voice actor; it seemed like he'd suddenly got several years younger in terms of both sound and behaviour, and it just ruined the film for me! It's pretty much the only one of these films I didn't watch several times (or rather, listen to while doing stuff on the computer at the same time) after I got them all; two, five and six (and twelve) became my favourites, seven (and I suppose three) became a close second, and I was largely indifferent towards four, eight and nine (and eleven and thirteen).

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hey, I love 11, lol, and 12 and 13 are alright

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LoyfeCycleProtector,May 21 2013 on  02:52 PM
For me, it was eight. There was no clear goal or sense of peril in the movie.
Same here. While I don't hate this episode, the whole theme was just so sad and wintery and gray and depressing. I felt like it was definitely the saddest of the sequels. And Ducky and Spike's whole rivalry was out of character for them, too.
But I really love that last song Mr. Thicknose sings :)

oh yeah and dare I mention Pterano wasn't even mentioned!!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Bruton the Iguanodon

For me it's 10 simply because it's the only one on here that doesn't take me back to the days when I was watched these... :smile

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
I had to vote for VI; that whole western feel to that movie just wasn't a good idea. .. :bang

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Movies 11 and 12 are really good, so why would I vote for them? Heck, I even like 13 to an extent.

Anyways, out of all of the results, I'd have to pick either movies four or six, because these are the movies I tend to watch less than the others. In the end, I pick four.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan 93,May 28 2013 on  07:04 PM
I had to vote for VI; that whole western feel to that movie just wasn't a good idea. .. :bang
I have to agree with you on that.  I also didn't care for the for how the film makes Littlefoot seem like an obsessed fan boy with Doc, when Littlefoot already has leadership experience and has already persevered through great struggles with his friends.  The entire premises just doesn't seem to fit his character and the developments of the previous films.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Though to be fair we have seen Littlefoot act on his convictions against strong opposition prior to LBT VI. In the original movie it was about the way to the Great Valley, in LBT II and V he would be the "fanboy" of Chomper (a different premise, but one even less likely given his mother's fate) in LBT IV we had Ali (though admittedly the initiative came mainly from Ali it was still okay with Littlefoot to act against all reason and go to the land of mists just with her as company). Personally I found LBT VI neither very good nor very bad, but either way I wouldn't really call Littlefoot's acting out of character based on the preceeding movies (it is continued in some of the later sequels by the way).

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hey 11 is good :p and 12 is Ok

Either way, VI, IX, aaaaand... well not really sure :p

EDIT: Not so much 9 now

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I can't vote for the last two because I haven't actually seen them all the way through. So that still leaves three for me that are my least favorite: 5,6, and 8.

The Mysterious Island was the first sequel that felt different in tone from the others (for me) mostly due to the change in directors. I also disliked most of the songs. The only thing I thought was good was that they brought Chomper back.

Secret of Saurus Rock also had a different tone. The western theme didn't do it for me.  :rolleyes: And I still don't like Dana and Dinah; I don't wish death on them or anything, I just don't think they are interesting.

The Big Freeze is on my list mostly because I have no nostalgia for it. I watched it quite a bit after 7 and just didn't get into it.

After all of this, I decided to vote for 6 as my least favorite. But even though I don't like it much, it still has one moment I think is funny: Littlefoot's dialogue when he's trying to get the replacement tooth from the sharptooth's mouth.  :lol

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
How come I can't vote for 11-13? It would have been one of those three.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ My guess is the poll options don't allow for that many choices.

Of these, the Big Freeze should've killed them all.....

Danosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say I really dislike any of them, even the 13th which everyone seems to hate I just thought was underwhelming compared to the others. Out of the first 10 though, I think either 6 or 8 would be the one I enjoyed the least, while they were still entertaining I found myself more bored by those ones than the others.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
11-13 aren't options because the starter of the poll thought they'd get the most votes anyway (it's so obvious LBT 13 would get the most votes, probably followed by LBT 11 that is quite unpopular compared to the others, too).
Like Danosaur, I don't really hate any of the sequels, some of them just could've been made better *points at LBT 13*
I don't quite get why many of you guys dislike LBT 8... it's my favourite sequel after all. While there isn't that much action (yes, I admit that) it's emotional (Ducky in particular) and the snow really adds something to the LBT universe :yes I remember watching it very often in my childhood.

I do agree to the ones that dislike LBT 6 to an extend. The country thing-y does not fit into a dinosaur movie and Littlefoot acts very unmature etc...
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Oct 22 2013 on  01:15 AM
Though to be fair we have seen Littlefoot act on his convictions against strong opposition prior to LBT VI. In the original movie it was about the way to the Great Valley, in LBT II and V he would be the "fanboy" of Chomper (a different premise, but one even less likely given his mother's fate) in LBT IV we had Ali (though admittedly the initiative came mainly from Ali it was still okay with Littlefoot to act against all reason and go to the land of mists just with her as company). Personally I found LBT VI neither very good nor very bad, but either way I wouldn't really call Littlefoot's acting out of character based on the preceeding movies (it is continued in some of the later sequels by the way).

I can see your point.  Although, I think that the situation in the earlier films have a different context than in LBY VI and some of the later films.  

In the second and fifth films Littlefoot goes out of his way to support Chomper almost out of a brotherly drive in my opinion (as one might expect from an only child who lost his mother at an early age), as opposed to hero worship of Chomper.  It is an unlikely amount of outspoken support that Littlefoot give in the second film, especially considering what happened to his mother, but it makes sense in the context of a child with foster parents (Littlefoot's grandparents) acting as a foster parent (temporarily) for another child who has been left (again, temporarily) without his parents.  In the fourth film Littlefoot is confronted with another of his kind and relative age (and a female at that) and thus the relationship there is one of potential friendship and not the single-sided hero-worship that was depicted in the sixth film.  I think of Littlefoot's actions in that film as being more akin to falling head over heels in love with someone and doing something foolish on those grounds, as opposed to glorifying a hero who he wishes to emulate.

So I guess to clarify my prior remarks: My major complaint about LBT VI wasn't that Littlefoot actied against opposition (that is one of his common actions in the films) but rather the context in which he did it within that film.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
There were 3 films I didn't enjoy much growing up...

The 8th film...Ohhhh..... The mad song!... ... I can't believe
 one of my least favourite LBT songs was sung by my favourite character, Cera. I also think the art-work on the VHS cover is a bit lazy as they just reused the picture of Cera they used for the 3rd movie cover, and re-used the picture of Petrie from the 7th movie cover.  

The 5th film.
While I was happy to see Chomper again and he could talk (through it did bug me he looked different) there were some things I didn't like about this one. The big water song, I remember when I watched it for the first time when I was 7 and though it was soo silly! I was also freaked out by Chomper's mum and dad's ,rather bloody fight with the giganotosaurus. Also when I think back, Littlefoot is a little winey in this one. E.G. "It's not fair, everyone knew it was my turn to get the first tree star. And today there was only one. Thanks to these guys Mr Clubtail got it!" Plus Cera had a voice change which I didn't like (Well Littlefoot and Ducky had a voice change in 5th film too but at least theirs suited them.)

But the one I REALLY didn't like from the first time I saw it was the 6th one. Mainly because of Dinah and Dana... I just found them SOO annoying from the second they came into shot... All I remember them doing, is messing around, talking gibberish, getting on Cera's wick, and getting her in trouble.
Also there's that silly over done gag of Cera falling in the bubbling goo pit or getting splatted with it.
And like in the 5th film, I was a bit freaked out by the scene were the lone dinosaur got a cut across this face.....:x

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
LBT VI definitely seems to be winning.

I went for LBT 10, since it's the only one that didn't exist during my classic period of knowing the movies...

...who voted for movie 2, though? That one is pretty good, in my opinion; it's second only to LBT 3.