The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Disliked LBT Movie

Mornai · 177 · 23777

Poll

Which Land Before Time movie do you dislike the most?

1. The Land Before Time
1 (2.7%)
2. The Great Valley Adventure
0 (0%)
3. The Time of the Great Giving
0 (0%)
4. Journey Through the Mists
1 (2.7%)
5. The Mysterious Island
0 (0%)
6. The Secret of Saurus Rock
3 (8.1%)
7. The Stone of Cold Fire
0 (0%)
8. The Big Freeze
0 (0%)
9. Journey to Big Water
2 (5.4%)
10. The Great Longneck Migration
0 (0%)
11. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
6 (16.2%)
12. The Great Day of the Flyers
0 (0%)
13. The Wisdom of Friends
22 (59.5%)
14. Journey of the Brave
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hmm, maybe i should've put an "i Don't dislike any LBT movies" option. :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I did not cast a vote in the poll. My almost paranoid avoiding of superlatives seems to apply to negative statements as well. Most people know I consider LBT 10 nothing short of a disaster, but it still had two nice songs in it. Apart from the rainbowfaces LBT 7 was quite good. In case of LBT 8 I think there were great ideas that ought to have been realized in a much better way. LBT 11 and 12 both were too much aimed at a young audience only. I have the LBT 13 DvD lying right beside me, but I did not watch it yet.

Hi Fox! It's awesome to see you again! :yes

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:blink:   Someone actually Voted for the original Land Before Time. not that i'm judging, everyone has their own opinion. I guess i was right when i said some people may not like it. Although i have to admit, it did have some things that i didn't like in it.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I dislike LBT II, in Latin-American Spanish specially because the dubbing sucked.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I chose LBT IV. That relationship could have developed a lot more. I still like it, though. Not as much as the others, however.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Mornai,Mar 11 2008 on  12:37 AM
Someone actually Voted for the original Land Before Time.
I wonder, why this person haven't made any comments. :huh:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they were being silly, or disliked it since it is not as much comedy filled as the later movies have.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I liked all of the movies.  I don't dislike any of them, but I'm just saying what my least favorite ones are.  LBT 7 had pretty bad animation.  I like the tv series animation better than the animation in LBT 7. :p

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I decide me for part 3.
I think it¥s a good movie but I don¥t like Hyp and his friends.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don't like bullies?  Or is it something else about them you dislike?

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I personally don't like that one either, it has some good points but hyp and his pals just don't fit in for a good plot in my opinion.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Idiots like Hyp and his bullies can be found everywhere and I found them not to be a bad idea for an LBT movie. It worked to show that the Great Valley is not Utopia. What I found a bit annoying was the overly moralizing end of LBT 3.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I thought the ending was a bit of a good idea for showing that even bullies can change and share with each other.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I really loved LBT 3 when I was about 6-7.  My favorite of all then though was and still is LBT 5. :D

I liked the ending of LBT 3 and I don't think the disliking of 3 minor characters would influence my liking of an entire movie.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought the ending was a bit of a good idea for showing that evens bullies can change and share with each other.
Agreed, but I think they overdid it a bit. The message was obvious and I found it was a little unnecessary to repeat it the way they did and especially in such an un-subtle manner. While I do suppose that Hyp would have learned his lesson I don't expect he would be a totally different character.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The ending was a bit overdone.  The 3 bullies do appear in 1 episode of the tv series so you get to see them eventually again if you watch The Great Egg Adventure.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 11 2008 on  09:10 PM
The ending was a bit overdone.  The 3 bullies do appear in 1 episode of the tv series so you get to see them eventually again if you watch The Great Egg Adventure.
Yes, but in the tv series they look very different than in the 3rd movie, which is more of a disappointment even though i never liked them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the thing one has to do is to adapt in one's own ways. Not watch the movies or episodes that you dislike, or fast forward through certain scenes, or do scene access and jump past them.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's not because i dislike it, it's that hyp looks wierd which makes me laugh a bit.

Dynamite Maruyama

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I choose Land Before Time 3. I found Hyp and his two friends very unappealing, as was the overall animation quality. I don't know what it was, but the animation was extremely rough, even in comparison to the first and second movie. The songs were no better, but they were never a necessity anyway.

Land Before Time 11 isn't my cup of tea either, but only because of the concept alone. "Tinysauruses"? Running out of ideas now? On the 11th movie, I'm certain. Yeah, I'm sure it would be easier to think up ideas that would do the original movie justice if the producers just took a break and stopped making these sequels every year.

I don't understand the Land Before Time 10 hate. At least it was relevant to the original, but whatever.