The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33720

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
With 2018 being the release of Jurassic World and the 30th anniversary, and that LBT TV series likely official YouTube channel uploading the episodes of "Season 1", I feel like something is going on. Something is going on with another movie or more episodes, at least that is what I'm thinking right now.

I'm hoping for the best. We may get news within now to next summer, hopefully :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I truly hope you're right but it is is a good point that JOTB was a financial failure. While it is possible that Universal remembers how much money they made with LBT in the past, I'm not sure what to believe at this point. That Jurassic Park connection is just a rumor and we still don't know about the YT channel. I'd be overjoyed if these predictions were proved to be true but these kinds of small details don't always have something to do with a larger picture. On the bright side, we'll know if they're true within a year.  :)

On a side note, should we be happy about the view counts for the episodes? They range from 50k to 500k and are increasing rapidly but is that enough for Universal? Also, why is there so many dislikes? The TV series are far from perfect but I don't still understand why some 1/5 of the likes/dislikes belong to the latter category.  :(petrie

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think the views are a good thing. It means that they are getting lots of attention. The Hidden Canyon's view count is now approaching 600k.

About the dislikes; it could be the children clicking the dislike button because there was something the child didn't like. There's so many children logged into their parent's accounts and posting comments it's insane. They spam with random letters, even replying to MY comments like that.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm still gonna be taking my requisite heaping bowl of salt with all of this. I'd LOVE for this to happen, mind you, but I'm not gonna be getting my hopes up for it if/until something is actually announced.

EDIT: About the Youtube channel, if it's not official, Universal should be taking down soon, seeing how much attention it's getting. So if it's not DMCA'd pretty soon, I guess we can assume it IS official.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I had no idea this channel existed, already subscribed to it, thanks guys!

As for a LBT XV, well we've waited 9 years for a new sequel, we can wait a little longer. I believe it will happen, maybe not next year, but it will. Just never loose hope.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Hidden Canyon episode just crossed 1M viewers and the videos are still up. I guess we can suppose that the channel is official after all.  :) I just hope the viewer count is enough to impress Universal even if most of the other episodes haven't crossed even 100k viewers. I just wonder why does the Hidden Canyon get so many viewers as I found that episode pretty mediocre.  :unsure:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Both episodes with Red Claw in the thumbnail have gotten the most views. I think having a villain there is more attractive to the 90% of the audience (being children) that are watching.

Maybe these episodes were uploaded to hype us up for Jurassic World Evolution?

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Aug 21 2017 on  12:50 PM
I just hope the viewer count is enough to impress Universal even if most of the other episodes haven't crossed even 100k viewers.
Since you're online, I'll answer this here. There are actually a number of episodes that have passed well more than 100k views. Going by the proper episode order here, not the incorrect one they have: Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, and 18 have exceeded 100k views, and some have WAY passed that, like The Brave Longneck Scheme, which has over 500k views, and is the most viewed episode that doesn't have Red Claw as the thumbnail picture.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, you're right about that. But it still is unclear whether that's enough and if Universal is actually planning anything with the channel. We'll see.  :unsure:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
They should be surprised that such a lesser known TV series got that many views, and there are still a lot of people who like LBT and haven't noticed the videos yet. Also, I've checked the other channels linked on it, and none of them (even shows that are more popular and known, such as Casper) are getting nearly as many views or subscribers.

If that isn't enough for them, then don't expect the other shows to do good on YT. And it would be a good time for a reboot, considering there seems to be a lot of people noticing the episodes. A lot of videos on YT don't get nearly as many views as a million, especially TV show full episodes. I know what it's like, I've been on the site for years and years, and have seen lots of view and subscriber counts.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Are these still up and running?
Inactive, probably forever.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes they are and they seem to be doing well in terms of views as you can see. :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Sep 26 2017 on  09:19 AM
Yes they are and they seem to be doing well in terms of views as you can see. :)
But not for us Americans.  :p

This channel has no videos.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Sep 26 2017 on  09:19 AM
I can't watch any of the videos (Uploader has not made this video available in your country)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sorry about that. I can see them just fine so I just assumed that to be the case everywhere. :unsure:

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Sep 26 2017 on  09:38 AM
I'm sorry about that. I can see them just fine so I just assumed that to be the case everywhere. :unsure:
Its okay. :)
I guess I'm not in the country to watch them, but hopefully, I'll see them.
Thanks for (trying) to give us the link, though.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
just use anonimazers to kick thee stupid country boundaries in their butts!  :anger
then enjoy videos.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Sep 26 2017 on  10:09 AM
just use anonimazers to kick thee stupid country boundaries in their butts!  :anger
then enjoy videos.
I don't know what anonimazers are.
How do i get and use them? :huh:

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
type "anonymazer" in Google. Choose one.
It's used to avoid blocked sites. Insert http path of blocked site/page, and go.