The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whats wrong with the series?

Guest · 24 · 4472

Bruton the Iguanodon

It has terrible animation---the cast are drawn much more simply and cheesily then in the films, espicially the earlier ones.  The music is a complete departure---instead of the usdual beautiful orchestral score we hear, the music is...well, it sounds like African or Carribean music or something. I liked the orchestral stuff wayy better...its a bit of a shock. Everything is toned down, even from the sequels (except 13 maybe.) What else?

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
yes , I agree . What I find really anoying is when  they turn 3D from a distance but its still really noticible , also it seems to be aimed for younger kids like 5 year olds unlike the films , lastly the animation ........  this is my responce :  :)  :huh:   :blink:  :o  :unsure:  <_<  :(  :bang  :anger  :(  .............. yeah

Although I  complain about it Im 11 and still like watching it  :lol  :)

ps. theme tune : :blink:  :blink:  what country am I in ??????? :crazy

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Well television material is usually of lower quality than full movies. They have less time and less resources to work with. So you can't really fault them for it.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And I agree with DarkHououmon, because sadly, for television, you have far less budget, people and time to make the stories.

You can see the differences in many (if not all) animated tv series based on movies. Cartoon Network (when it used to be a good channel) allowed me to see this first hand, for example: After watching the movie: "All Dogs go to Heaven", after that, they aired some episodes of the tv serie that was made and the differences were BIG!.

But compared to other animated series, the LBT one wasn't that bad.

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I geuss you are right and I dont like picking fault with the lbt   :oops  but I wish it could be as good as the films .....

anyway I still love the lbt !!!!! :lol  :lol  :smile  :smile  :angel  :exactly

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Inconsistent plots
repetitive songs
bad acting
animation mistakes
unrealistic messages.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Pussycat Sharpteeth---Redclaw runs away from fruit that gets thrown at him, and ran away from Spike just cause he was stinky---what a sissy, where the hell did Chomper and Ruby hear that he's the meanest, most feroscious sharptooth ever? I bet the only thing he could really ever manage to kill is a yellowbelly...and even those ***holes might fool him by doing that thing of sticking their heads into the ground...

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Quote from: guidolover,Dec 24 2011 on  09:12 AM
yes , I agree . What I find really anoying is when  they turn 3D from a distance but its still really noticible , also it seems to be aimed for younger kids like 5 year olds unlike the films , lastly the animation ........  this is my responce :  :)  :huh:   :blink:  :o  :unsure:  <_<  :(  :bang  :anger  :(  .............. yeah

Although I  complain about it Im 11 and still like watching it  :lol  :)

ps. theme tune : :blink:  :blink:  what country am I in ??????? :crazy
 :blink:  :blink: WHOA!! You're 11?? Wow! You must be the youngest here!

Anyway, I think the series are funny! Like when Spike got pinched in the nose by a crab, and Littlefoot and Petrie being chased by bees!  :lol  :lol  :lol

The thing I do find annoying about the series is, the songs! They are so annoying! Except of course, for Remembering. That one is just...BEAUTIFUL!!!
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Dec 26 2011 on  10:52 PM
Pussycat Sharpteeth---Redclaw runs away from fruit that gets thrown at him, and ran away from Spike just cause he was stinky---what a sissy, where the hell did Chomper and Ruby hear that he's the meanest, most feroscious sharptooth ever? I bet the only thing he could really ever manage to kill is a yellowbelly...and even those ***holes might fool him by doing that thing of sticking their heads into the ground...
Well keep in mind that the creators at the time were trying to make LBT out to be even more kid friendly, so the sharpteeth were made to be even less dangerous as to not scare the children. So in other words, Redclaw probably really was one of the most dangerous sharpteeth at the time, but because of the studio trying to make LBT more kid-friendly, he comes off as a joke when compared to some of the older sharpteeth we've seen, like the swimming sharptooth of LBT 9.

And in Redclaw's defense, both those behaviors make sense.

First off, the fruit made him sick. Very sick, as in as soon as one was tossed into his mouth, it was obvious how much pain he was in.

And secondly, predators do run away from things that smell. Why do you think skunks use stink spray? If something smells very bad, it could be a sign that something is wrong with it, and chances of getting sick may be high, thus the predator leaves anything that smells bad enough alone.

It's called survival. Predators don't have pride; all they care about is surviving. I doubt Redclaw really cares about being the "biggest, baddest sharptooth" that Ruby and Chomper claim he is. All he wants is a decent meal. And like any predator, Redclaw would want to avoid injury if possible.

Being sick would mean he'd be less likely to hunt effectively, and he wouldn't be able to eat. Predators eat less than herbivores because they have to kill their food to eat. And who knows how long Redclaw goes without eating.

So frankly, he wasn't really being cowardly when he ran away from the fruit and bad-smelling Spike; he was surviving.

And survival is more important than pride.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Alright, but try telling that to original Sharptooth of movie 1... :lol:

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I feel that with all the shortcommings there is a very strong tendency to overlook / ignore good aspects of the series or to make it worse than it was. I maintain that it was better than many (myself included) had prophesized it to be. Back in 2008, after watching ten of the episodes I started this thread on behalf of the series. There are many aspects to criticize about the series, but there are also many aspects which I feel deserve credit that the TV-series is often denied.

BigFriendlyGun9000

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Let me count the ways:

(mostly) Bad plots
HORRID animation
Plot holes big enough to used as tunnels
3d shots out of nowhere whenever the camera is behind the characters
Voice acting at times sounding like they're high
The fact that every time they point, they use the middle finger (could that be the animators giving the creators a subtle "fuck you"? I don't know.)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: BigFriendlyGun9000,Dec 27 2011 on  11:43 PM
The fact that every time they point, they use the middle finger (could that be the animators giving the creators a subtle "fuck you"? I don't know.)
Well they usually only have 3 fingers. They don't have a choice but to use the middle finger (otherwise it'd look too awkward).

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, if you look at their fingers, they have a thumb, index finger and third finger, so technically, the middle finger isn't the bad finger.

@trulyfantasticme- Youngest? Maybe not. maybe there are other members who are younger.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What is so bad about the majority of the plots? Personally I found the majority of the plots acceptable with some stricking exceptions, but for all I saw most of the plots were not too bad.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While I admit, there are a lot of points wrong with the series, there are some great ones too. Like Malte said, I think most of the wrongs were acceptable for the situations they were in. It also seems like we're talking more about the bads than we are about the goods lately.

Dr. Curzon - Actually, she is. Before she came, I was the youngest, at age 13. She's almost 12, so that makes her the youngest.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
@Malte279 Well, to me, the plots were horrible (strong word for what I am saying) because they were predictable.  Someone does something that gets another in a hazardous moment.  That someone is saved and everyone sings a song about how happy they were.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah my first post in five weeks sorry I've been busy with my other forum. Any how the show wasn't really all that good. Most of the episodes seemed the same to me. And they seemed very dull and boring.