The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Most Audacious Project

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah. That actually could work. I've been thinking about this idea, and if we have the audio part, then all that we would need is the animation, which will be on hold until we can actually work on it.

So I think that it's decided that this project has the green light. We have support, we have a plan, and we have a means of putting said plan into action. Now, I have a request for the admins. We need a place to brainstorm the plots. Can the admins create a forum in the LBT projects category for plot ideas to go? This should keep the project a little more orderly and organized.

To Kor, this is a collaboration of people on the board. I won't be working on this alone, because I could never do something like this on my own. I won't decide a plot, everyone working on the project would decide on a plot from a variety of suggested plots.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would love to be a part of this, although even in the future I will probably be of no use in terms of animation. However, maybe I can help with voice acting if we need an older character, and if I can find some software that can imitate a child's voice without making me sound like a chipmunk then I could voice one of the younger characters. I will probably be the most effective in helping out with the plot.

I agree that we need a seperate forum to organize all of these ideas, but I am so excited for this project!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The German audio plays may be a good place to start, with some plots and just need the script typed up.  That would give folks some time before a script would need to be done from scratch by one of us or a group of us here.  

I would guess many of us would need to use some sort of program, if such exists, to make our voice sound like that of a child, without the silly chipmunk part.  Being able to alter one's voice a bit to be able to do several characters may be nice also, depending on how many voice actors stick with it.  

That is one of the reasons I suggested at first try short little 5 then maybe longer short scenes to get some experience on what it is like doing one, and to get some experience, try things out, experiment ect.  One idea for some scripts in the future if we get to trying full hour or movie length audio plays may be past pure lbt rp threads here and maybe some pure lbt fanfiction done by some of the members here, giving due credit of course.  

About the doing voice acting together, I'm not sure how the other places do it but some have mentioned good ideas.  One of the podcasts I listen to mentioned how they do it.  I think they use skype or someother such program, but the reason the podcast sounds good is eaach of the 2 folks in it record only their part of the podcast, then sends it to the main one who does the audio work and that person takes the 2 sound files and merges them.

Using some sort of program so we could be together could be good for practice also, and some sharing tips to those of us who have never voice acted before, and to get over the shyness some of us would feel about doing the voice acting thing as well as to learn how to get better.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that we should try to get a means of talking to each other. I mean actually talking to each other, not just typing messages. Any ways of doing such for a group of people?

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Skype is what comes to mind, but not for this many people, I think. In fact, I think the most effective way of doing this is for those who can gather with another member(s) to gather, but for the others...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I think I've found a place that we could use.
The URL is here. http://www.dimdim.com/

It might say something about price, but we can get twenty people at max in one video conference for free. By the way, there will be a chat as well as a conference. The maximum length would be five hours, but that would be more than enough to get something working.

I'd check it out if you want to help collaborate on this, even if you don't have a webcam. Another thing, I would like to know when it would be good for everyone to meet, because I could schedule a meeting for a certain date/time and length, if that's okay.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If we do all meet there is still the problem of getting there.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I agreed.
I think that all of this is a great idea.
I would like to be a part of this if it¥s ok. :^.^:
About the meting: it¥s a great idea to, but first it would be better to decide the plot.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A good way to discuss the plot would be by discussing the plot options that are available. First off, we should begin by brainstorming plots and writing down scripts for these plots. We could try multiple audio plays to practice script writing, then choose some of the better ones, extend the plot, redo the voice-acting, and add the animation when we can actually animate.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
When is all of this officialy starting?

PS:We could also all join in a msn chat

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I don't have MSN. So that wouldn't be useful for me. However, e-mail would work just fine. If we want something fast, I think that I could try to make an MSN account, even though I don't like using stuff by Microsoft. I'll put computer preferences aside for the greater good. Just this once, though.

As for it officially starting, it could start now. I would like to wait until we could get a forum for plots, but we could just begin making them here and the admins could move them into the sub-forum. So if you want to start making a plot, go on ahead. Just keep it in the LBT Projects section, and make sure we know that it is a plot.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe we could use our fanfics for possible plots?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some would make good plots. Others, like mine, wouldn't. However, that could be a good idea.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well the one I'm working on is a posibilty my next two won't However I have an Idea to write some fanfic based on one of my characters.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 9 2008 on  02:01 PM
There have been six land before time audio plays released in Germany which are not based on the movies.
Are there any English-dubbed versions of these plays?  I believe ya said in a previous post they're strictly in German, but I was just curious nonetheless.

Sounds like an awesome project, folks :yes.  Sadly, I don't have any recording software and I am way busy with school and work(story of a student's life :rolleyes:).  However, I can be of help in regards to assisting and making suggestions with the plot.  I'd be of use there B).

As for voice-over work, I have a speaking pitch most similar to Cera's pitch(coincidence :P:?).  However, I don't know about y'all, but a Cera with a strong Southern dialect would sound, well, too weird :lol.  I can't even picture Ducky speaking in that dialect B).  I swear, I would hit the floor if they came out with a sequel featuring Ducky with a Southern dialect(considering her grammar is nearly impeccable how it is) :lol  :p.  Anyhoo, hopefully this project goes smoothly :yes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is one of the many things that will have to be discussed, is if we'll be using fc's only, oc's only or a mix of them.  Each offers certain good and bad points.  

Also with the fact some have conflicting schedules due to work, school, and being spread over the world may make meeting as 1 group difficult.  It may be a few groups with some overlapping of folks who can attend more then 1 scheduled meeting.  

Talking over plots and such is ok, though many other things will have to be discussed before we get to the plot talking stage.  Oc's, fc's, mix, great valley or another location, suggested software.  practice, if some can help others with learning to do voice acting better, ect.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Noone disagreed so far. Making a whole movie will be very hard. And the most hardest part will be not to give up the project in the middle of the process.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 This kind of project is somewhat encouraging as it can really attract people and ideas begin to flow.
 I agree with landbeforetimelover when he says that to make animations is far too complicated, and since there are people working on the LBT game, then why not to mix things up?
 We may never be able to make a fan-movie, but we could manage to use the resources that the game can give and begin the project from there, we can even make a good plot for the game itself by making some kind of "campaign". So both the fan-movie and the fan-game could get beneficial results... I hope I did not confuse you :( .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Sep 9 2008 on  11:30 PM
Noone disagreed so far. Making a whole movie will be very hard. And the most hardest part will be not to give up the project in the middle of the process.
That is why the audio play movie should not be the first thing.   After the discussions, practicing, trying various short scenes of a few minutes then longer, and other such things including maybe voice acting practice and classes and trying out different roles and such.  Maybe working up to doing those 25 minute or so German audio plays, if someone has them translated or gradually can may be a medium term goal to work up to being able to do them.  An actual movie length audio play may be a long term goal.  

The discussions would be wants, not wanted stuff, will it be in the great valley or elsewhere, will it be oc's only, fc's only, or a mix of the 2, and other things.