The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Most Audacious Project

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, first off, we should schedule a web conference so that we can discuss whether to allow OCs or not. I personally want to make this something that completes the LBT franchise. But we can discuss that later.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would like to see just the characters lbt originally got, and no OCs...

Maybe I could be of any use, being a girl. :P:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, the only thing that I can help with would be the plot, as I have no experience in animation, or voice-acting.

I would also say no OCs.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
That is certainly one big project I would really like to be in it.  :)
But that is also alot of hard work.
I mean an own created "movie"? Maybe we should start small first like an episode for testing. The hardest part would likely be animation.
24 images in only 1 second. That would be 7200 images for only 5 minutes. o.O That would take awhile.  :P:
Like lbtlover mentioned, we should wait until an animation programm is released where you don't have to draw every frame each. :p

But we can start talking about the plot first. That would take a while too until we have a satisfied end result.  :D

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Better start now than later. The later its started, the more time it will take, right?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only thing about no oc's is the roles would be pretty small and it would be restrictive.  

Allowing oc's would be more open and less restrictive.  One sorta middle ground option is to allow oc's but only of characters that have been shown to be at the very least a background non speaking part, some kids shown at the end of the 6th movie, a scene in the lonely journey, various flyers shown flying around in the sky, other characters including adults shown in background shots but no speaking or given a few lines in this or that song, or a spoken line or a few lines here or there, ect.

I've mentioned some ideas about practicing and such but since I've said it before and it seems to be ignored I"ll not mention again.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Explorer Posted on Sep 10 2008, 11:15 AM

Better start now than later. The later its started, the more time it will take, right?

I agree, the sonner we decide the plot, the sonner we can start with other parts.

Hmmm, I was just wondering how it will be when the voice acting for the a song(s), begins, it will be really hard. The part when all have to sing together, and the solo parts.
How it will be done? The sounds  and all that will have to be choose.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Background sounds... some aren't too difficult to recreate, using the right objects.
Some objects give interesting and possibly useful sounds. However, sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds shouldnt be too much of a problem ;) Got loads of sound effects on my computer.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Got a few ones too. And can make some more using a sound editor. I use the program "Sound Editor".

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Before the discussion gets any more in depth, I just want to give a shout-out to the admins for starting up the sub-forum for this. Thank you! And for allowing attachments for this sub-forum, too.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You're very welcome :yes
I thought that for short auditions or the like it might sometimes be helpful to be able to work with attachments. Whenever possible though we should host our stuff elsewhere not to stretch our freespace.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think I'm in. One way or the other.
Lets just say this project has my full support!
Whenever it will be done or how I can do a part, I don't know.

Sounds fun though.  :^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For sound effects you can do like I saw in a documentary in the 70's or early 80's (not sure which it was) about where one of the sound guys from the star wars movies showed how he did some of the sound effects and they used regular everyday objects.  One of them was for the cocking of a blaster he used a parking meter, twisting the nob thing and releasing it.  Another thing was using a length of wire and hitting it.  

For singing it may be necessary, though some may not like this it is done in some professional animation, where the voice actor who does the character may not have an interest nor be able to sing and we may ask if one of the folks involved in the singing projects here may do x char's singing voice for songs.  

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If anyone is willing to accept me helping out, I'm in. However, the only thing I would be willing to help out on is the script. It won't be much, but perhaps I could provide a few ideas here and there, and maybe even some ideas for some of of the dialog.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Something useful for plot planning would be a chat for quick messaging. Its easier to plan.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That would work, too. A chat would be great for collaboration on plots and scripts. How would discussions by the reviewing board work, though?

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you mean? I guess they would be a little more limited, since they're the reviewing staff,right?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I mean, noting parts of a plot/script would be a little more challenging on a chat. Visuals would make the thing a whole lot easier.

I think I'll create a topic for recruiting people for the examination boards.