The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The False Facts Game

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm putting in for #3 and guessing you were too young and you didn't see the original in theaters.  I know its not #5 for sure.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Well...between the lot of you you guessed all 5 statements...but the winner is...

PETRIE!

#3 was false but not for the reason you gave surprisingly. Although I was young around the UK release of LBT, it wasn't that reason why I never got to see LBT on the big screen. It was actually because a former family friend actually managed to get a (let's say "a law dodged copy") of the movie...of course at that age I had no idea about piracy laws so I just accepted it as a gift.

As for the other statements

#2...me, my father, my grandfather and my great-grandfather (as far as I remember) are all the first born males of that side of the family and we all share the middle name "Lloyd"

#4 Sonic was (and still is) one of my fav VG heroes...Despite the average life expectancy of a hedgehog in England is about 2yrs coz they haven't learned how to cross the road properly yet

#5 Petrie called it (I knew he would ;) ) I have met 2 of the member here in person. Threehorn (on numerous occasions) and Malte (he came to see me and I'm yet to return the favour. Soon Malte...very soon! ;)

OK Petrie...your turn matey! :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'm running out of facts here. :lol:

1.) I graduated high school at 17 years old.
2.) I save old PBA telecasts from youtube.
3.) I know who Silverwing is.
4.) I'm an avid reader of Ranger Rick and still get the magazines to this day.
5.) I got burned on a bad ebay deal and ended up with a pirated copy of Brother Bear.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, what the heck? LOL  I'll say 4 since the rest are taken! :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Heh, heh, I always answer in the order in which the guesses were received.

Quote from: "Tails_155" on  
5?

Nope...that really did happen and I still have the copy because it works.  The "broken" English subtitles really gave it away on the first watch.

Quote from: "DarkHououmon" on  
I'm guessing 2

Nope, I do that too...at least I think I can learn by watching them whenever I want to.  (and a nifty Firefox plugin allows you to do it too)

Quote from: "Flathead770" on  
1?

Just because of where my birthday falls, and I wasn't held back a year, I really was 17 (typically most are 18 when they graduate).

Quote from: "landbeforetimelover" on  
Is 3 it?

Afraid not...that was another big time reading splurge of mine from way back...and Silverwing is a bat and a protaganist in the story franchise by Kenneth Oppel.

Quote from: "action9000" on  
Oh what the heck? LOL  I'll say 4 since the rest were taken.

Number 4 would be right.  If anyone's read the collection thread, you'll see I do like Ranger Rick, however, I do not like the new style of the magazine and my collection only includes issues from the 1970s, 1980s, and early 1990s.

Gee, I'm good at fooling people...only the last one usually gets it right! :lol:  You're up Tim.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I do try to make it so that if you read the forums, you can potentially throw out some of them or narrow it down.  In this case, you could've found the answer. :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Whenever Tim pops up, he can post some other facts.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Whoops, guess it's me! Sorry :p

1) I have a certification in Music
2) I currently work at a grocery store
3) I have friends in my city who also like LBT
4) I am not willing to relocate for the sake of a job
5) I miss Cera's "Heeee", no longer present as of LBT 5.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Fine, ruin my fun :p
Yeah, your right.  Go ahead!

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1. I'm insecure
2. I'm a producer for at least one band
3. (considering handhelds as systems) I have 7 different systems
4. I'm helping a friend design a web puzzle
5. I recently witnessed one friend inducted into The Order of the Arrow

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
nope... I recently found that out when I hinted to myself rather subtly... whereas all the most obvious statements I made about it, I missed each and every one of