The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If There's A Land Before Time 15

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: DinoTeen10,Nov 1 2017 on  12:31 AM
Update: I always pictured that a battle between all the good and bad dinosaurs would end the series.
Lets say they were injured and those who die were the sharpteeth, only.
Oh my, you don't understand that sharpteeth (wit some exceptions, as well as with some exceptions in leafeaters' side) are NOT bad guys in LBT world.
And only them dying is not right thing, in my opinion.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, because this battle won't happen anyway.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Nov 1 2017 on  01:19 AM
Quote from: DinoTeen10,Nov 1 2017 on  12:31 AM
Update: I always pictured that a battle between all the good and bad dinosaurs would end the series.
Lets say they were injured and those who die were the sharpteeth, only.
Oh my, you don't understand that sharpteeth (wit some exceptions, as well as with some exceptions in leafeaters' side) are NOT bad guys in LBT world.
And only them dying is not right thing, in my opinion.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, because this battle won't happen anyway.
Then how do we end Land Before Time?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Well...in a way that does not involve a war. Red Claw could be in the next movie out for revenge but he definitely won’t be dragging a whole bunch of starving predators to the Great Valley for a war.

I want to think about what kinds of characters could be in the film. Guest characters are inevitable but what should they be? What kind of creature should they be and how should they act? What should be their backstory so they’re the most interesting of guest characters?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Nov 2 2017 on  05:45 AM
Well...in a way that does not involve a war. Red Claw could be in the next movie out for revenge but he definitely won’t be dragging a whole bunch of starving predators to the Great Valley for a war.

I want to think about what kinds of characters could be in the film. Guest characters are inevitable but what should they be? What kind of creature should they be and how should they act? What should be their backstory so they’re the most interesting of guest characters?
How about a little twist to the series?
Lets say that Land Before Time is in the extinction era and afterwards, they are resurrected in the future. That would be something to see. Land Before Time meets Future.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We're Back! A dinosaurs story already used that idea DinoTeen.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Nov 2 2017 on  09:53 PM
We're Back! A dinosaurs story already used that idea DinoTeen.
didn't know that.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Honestly, I think film fifteen would be a good time to wrap the series up and give it a memorable sendoff.

Perhaps it could involve a few returning characters, the stakes could be closer to that of the original film, perhaps a few subtle call backs to the previous films.

Not sure what the plot would be, but I could see it ending with the gang finally growing up and maybe even book-end the films by having the final shot of LBT15 mirror that of the original.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I'd definitely say that the best way to end the LBT series would be the gang growing up and having children of their own. A very fitting end, if I do say so myself.

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Nov 4 2017 on  09:29 PM
I'd definitely say that the best way to end the LBT series would be the gang growing up and having children of their own. A very fitting end, if I do say so myself.
That would lead to a new land before time.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Not exactly...!
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Nov 5 2017 on  07:26 AM
Not exactly...!
Than what do we do?
The last movie title would say Land Before Time XV: The Final Adventure.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
How do you know the last LBT movie would be called "The Final Adventure"?

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Nov 5 2017 on  08:33 AM
How do you know the last LBT movie would be called "The Final Adventure"?
its a thought. It would fit the concluding movie in the series, though.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Are we in a hurry to conclude LBT?  :unsure: There's still a lot of things to be covered in it even if I think the potential of the Great Valley has been largely drained. Personally, I really wouldn't like to see any kind of next generation continuation as I don't see a way it could be interesting and war definitely isn't the way to go. As I've said before, I'd prefer some kind of reboot that utilizes the world of LBT more while still retaining a sense of familiarity to the series we know.

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I wonder if WE could talk to UNIVERSAL on FACEBOOK and ASK THEM if they ever think about making a 15th movie. Think we could do that?

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry DinoTeen10 but I don't think it works that way.

As I said before I just want effort and HEART put in it as the rest have before it.
Life Is Good

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Nov 5 2017 on  07:14 PM

As I said before I just want effort and HEART put in it as the rest have before it.
What?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: DinoTeen10,Nov 6 2017 on  04:44 PM
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Nov 5 2017 on  07:14 PM

What?
What is confusing you?

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"as the rest have before it" is whats confusing me.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DinoTeen10,Nov 6 2017 on  04:27 PM
"as the rest have before it" is whats confusing me.
The LBT films before LBT 15 (if it gets made) is what I meant.
Life Is Good