The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Best action sequence?

Guest · 10 · 1951

Bruton the Iguanodon

In favor of a "favorite climax" ending, I'm making this topic---what was the best action sequence in the sequels? There are more I could put on here, of course, but I could only choose 15, so I chose about 2 from each film, usually the most memorable ones, and even attempted to give a full set of options by including 1 from 11 which was awful in my opinion. Anyways, my favorite would have to be the one in 9. Seriously, they must have been saving that scene up for years! Admiteddy, there were others that rivaled it: I grew up with the one from 4---which I haven't seen in years so I can't comment on much---and the ones from 2 and 3 come close. The chase into the mysterious beyond in 2 is an underated but awesome sequence, great to watch on a rainy night. The sharpteeth invasion later on, for al it is, is strikingly underated---it's a strikingly well done sharpteeth encounter, and, fortunately, is on youtube. I don't really remember 3's action scenes but from what I recall 3 was really good (it's tied with 4 as my favorite) and I also really like the swimming sharptooth scene in 5---it's actually better then the fight with the sharpteeth at the end of the film, in my opinion. Even the showdown with Grandpa and Doc against the sharpteeth in 6, though it's not my favorite, is freaking darn epic. But there's something about the scene in 9---maybe it's that it's a rainy, dark night sequence; maybe it's cause it was one of the few truly great action moments after 6; maybe it's cause it ends with Mo seemingly sacrificing himself. There's a lot of maybe, but one thing is for sure---that it's my favorite action sequence of the sequels.

Sure, the action scenes in 1 were brilliant. But this is about the sequels. And for a little kids film series, there are a lot of action scenes in them. But which is the best? You decide.  ;)

Forget Littlefoot's mother vs. the or

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Only one vote? That's not good. This topic needs more love. :)
My favorite is the eclipse in LBT X, because it's so incredibly spectacular.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
My favorite is the one in Land Before Time 3 where the grown ups with Hyp's dad fight off the raptors. :lol  :wow  :p  :DD  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^indeed MurMur

I consider the fire in LBT 3 the best action scene though there are quite a few others in a close second. The fire was pretty dangerous for Cera and Topsy and the 'fire theme' was just epic( I mean the music of the fire scenes)
Close ones would be:
- Chompers Parents in LBT 2
- adults versus Sharpteeth(Fastbiters?) in LBT 3
- Dil and Itchy in LBT 4
- the scene in LBT 7. I loved that scene in my childhood :lol
- the Sharptooth Attack before the eclipse started in LBT 10
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Forget Littlefoot's mother vs. the or

OK I did not seriously mean that when I made this thread!!!!

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Definitely going with the chase down the river from 7 :)
7 introduced some of the darker elements I felt in the episodes, anyway (maybe I'm biased, but at least I'm biased with facts XDD) and the first time I saw the river scene it left me edge-of-my seat - I thought it was a neat approach and Rinkus and Sierra were just plain NUTS O_o
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would have to say that the battle with the raptors in LBT 3 would be the best action sequence of those listed.  But of course, the action scenes from the first film would be superior to them all.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have changed my favourite in the meantime... my favourite action sequence is now the fight in LBT 3. Darn epic and awesome, there are raptors who actually pose a real threat after all.
Inactive, probably forever.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I really couldn't decide here, but after seeing some other posts, and thinking about, I went with the fire scene, though I'd have to say the raptor fight (3) is a close second. The whole dramatic feel of both scenes really grabs your attention, and is heart-pounding. The kind of thing that gets your blood-pumping, and I LOVE those kind of scenes. THAT is an action scene to me.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
In my opinion, all the fighting to me is the most intense; chasing as well. In each movie theirs always those sharpteeth that keep you on the edge till the volume and the situation calms down. Pretty much in all the movies theirs an intense seen what so ever.
8 years with TGOF :yum