The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Biter Islands

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Red Claw beamed at seeing his nephew Chomper. "Hello my nephew. How have you been?" he asked, wanting to spend some time with his family before hunting.

Dil chuckled and continued to walk forward sighing in relief as she felt the sand of the island between her toes. "Such a nice feeling. Almost makes me want to take a nap right here." she said with a joyful expression.

Longtails body was locked in flight or fight mode, and his mind continued to shout RUN! But his body wouldn't move, not one bit. His eyes shrank to dots as he continued to stare at the islands, just mere inches from the shore line that divided the land bridge and the mainland.

Peal noticed Longtails rock impression but showed only concern as she knew him to be one to speak and act when something bothered him even a little. To see him like this though... it was starting to scare her too. She chose at that moment to take a chance, reaching out and without really thinking about it hugged him gently. "Whatever is wrong... we'll fix it together. You know that right?" she whispered to him in his ear.

Hunter sat down and asked, "Hey Greg... think you can teach me a few things about how your kind hunt? I'd like to see it."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I've been doing great, Uncle Red Claw!" Chomper smiled, "How about you? I've heard you've made some cool kills since the last cold time!"

"Sure!" Greg replied to Hunter with pride, "We belly draggers like to hunt in the water, staying just below the surface, and reaching up to devour anything that comes above us. Also, we can go into spots bigger sharpteeth can't, and whip stuff with our powerful tails. Right mom?" he smiled at Dil.

"I think we all should call our sleeping spots tonight, now that the Biter Island program is beginning," Thud said.

"We're in paradise...." Ichy sighed happily to Dil, who looked ready to carry Longtail in her mouth again if he didn't start moving.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter smiled. "Now that sounds like fun. But it must also get boring just waiting around like that too." she said with a smile. "Think you or your mom can give a show?"

Dil nuzzled Greg as she replied, "That's right Greg." To prove her point she swung her tail back and forth splashing some of the water at her feet. "See, strong and steady enough to trip something that isn't watching its step."

Red Claw laughed for a moment as he showed off his teeth. "Well... there was that one herd of flyers where I caught four in one bite. That was alot of fun." he said with pride in his voice.

Longtail finally finding his voice spoke it was soft... almost inaudible to even Pearl who was still hugging him. "My... home..." he uttered.

Pearl raised an eye ridge as she asked, "W-what?"

At that moment Longtail's body kicked into full on rage mode as he threw Pearl off of him and screamed. It was loud, and it echoed through the air, across the island and under the water too. MY HOME!!!!! And with that decleration Longtail got a running start before flapping his wings, taking to the sky and simply screeching at the top of his lungs, attempting to force all his emotions out at once and having little to no success.

Pearl was lying on her back on the bridge both confused by Longtails outburst, but emotionally hurt by his actions.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As Rita nuzzled Chomper and Ruby, Myra, and Rory were climbing onto the island with their families, the young biter recalled other exploits of his uncle. "I heard you sat on the Lone Dinosaur's face for a whole day and he was stuck like that," Chomper grinned.

"Really?" Rory, Rita, and Myra grinned.

"Well that was weird..." Ichy said, looking up at Longtail, and then he turned to Pearl. "By virtue of being here, you're now part of our group," he said to her.

"Our tails can tenderize little longnecks and threehorns," Greg said proudly.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Red Claw laughed for several moments at the thought of the memory of sitting on the Lone Dinosaur. "Yes, that really did happen too. He was powerless to stop me. And after that whenever we crossed paths again, he'd be sure to stay away from me. He knows his place now, that's for sure." he said with a joyful grin.

Peal stood up and nodded her head still being shy about being around so many sharpteeth. "O-okay. Thanks... I guess." she said as she looked up and asked aloud, "What do we do about Longtail? He's... so angry."

Hunter giggled for a moment. "I can't wait then for our first real hunt. It's going to be amazing." She then glanced up at Longtail and sighed. "Aw, great... well chances are good now, that I won't be getting to sleep tonight. Wonderful." she commented with a deadpan tone to her voice.

Dil nodded her head. "And I can't wait to see how you catch prey Hunter. It really does sound like a good time will be had. Especially for the kids." she explained as she nuzzled her son again.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"If he gets too noisy we could eat him," Greg offered politely to Hunter.

Normally, a sharptooth would boast about their successes with some level of exaggeration, but not Red Claw. Every single prey he ate or just defeated happened in the way he descriped. The big biter had an ego, but he had earned it.

"I'm glad my family sided with the sharpteeth, it's clearly safer," Ruby told Dein and Terri.

"What do you want to hunt, uncle?" Chomper asked Red Claw as Julie and the others were working out sleeping spots for everyone.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter smiled lightly as she shook her head. "No that won't be needed." She then thought about why Longtail was acting like this and her eyes widened in shock. "Oh... dear."

Pearl after another few moments flapped her wings and joined Longtail in the air. She hoenstly didn't know how or why she was doing this, but she knew in her heart she had to help. She got up right beside Longtail and looked him in the eyes. "Please... tell us whats wrong. We can help." she said softly.

Red Claw looked around as he said, "I feel like hunting a few Longnecks. Just to test my skills."

Both Terri and Dein smiled at Rubys comment. "We're glad too. Your family has been a wonderful help in finding us food. We wouldn't have made it this far without you." spoke Terri with a nod.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you, you I thank," Ruby bowed in reply, "I'm just happy you and your friends and family agreed to spare my family."

"Wanna come hunt with us?" Chomper asked his girlfriend.

"Sure!" Rita grinned happily.

"What is going on with him?" Ichy asked Dil about Longtail once they were now on the island.

Rory and Myra decided to go hunting with Screech and Thud. "Fast biters got to stick together," Rory smiled to Chomper and Rita.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter sighs. "This island used to be Longtail's home when he hatched. According to him when he was younger, a giant flying rock crashed into the island setting it on fire and killing his mother. He washed up on shore a day later and watched the island which was still on fire sink into the big water."

Red Claw grinned. "You two seem eager. Are you ready?" he asked as he takes a stalking stance.

Dein nodded his head. "We're just happy your family agreed to help. Hunting out in the Mysterious Beyond is harder than it looks."

Longtail finally having tired himself out lands in a tree and stares at the sky."

Pearl lands beside him, simply content to wait until Longtail feels like talking.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yeah!" Chomper and Rita grinned to Red Claw.

"I see," Ichy nodded, "Poor kid..."

"We'll do what we can to help him," Greg added

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter continued to watch Longtail for a moment. "I honestly thought he was behind most of this... but perhaps he was just hiding his feelings again."

Red Claw grinned as he sniffed the air, before stepping forward and said, "Stick close you two... the hunt... begins!"

Dil looked to Hunter. "Well, what can we do to help him?"

Longtail looked at Pearl his eyes being unreadable.

Pearl reached out and hugged Longtail in a moment of compassion.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Let's go!" Rita grinned.

Chomper and Rita followed Red Claw in the hunt. "Wait till you see the ways my uncle can kill leafeaters," he smirked.

"We could eat anybody he thinks is a bad guy," Greg offered politely.

"That would be filling," Ichy nodded.

"I almost feel sorry for the leafeaters who are involved in that war," Ruby said to Dein, "But then again, it'll just make them easy prey for you guys."