The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Holy Crap!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
OMG!  Take a look at this server:

It can handle up to 58 Petabytes of storage!  That's 60,823,208 (nearly 61 million) Gigabytes!  Add to that the ability to have up to 127tb (130,048gb) of ram and holy crap, you could run the next Google!

They won't even give you a price, but I know that it costs nearly $100,000USD to build a standard storage server that has a storage capacity of 1 Petabyte.  This thing has 58 Petabytes!  It's gotta be like 30 million dollars!  It can handle 16 processors with up to 32 cores each.  There's not even 32-core processors out yet!  

Geeze, what a server I could make if I had something like this.  Well, I guess if I make my own country I'll be able to buy something like this for the defense network.  I wonder how they get technicians with the skills to work on these extreme servers?  It must pay a s***load 'cuz they must get like 3 calls per year.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Only Microsoft or Google needs something that large.  Everyone else wouldn't need it. :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know that HP does some great work with computers, but this goes well beyond my expectations of them. (And they were rather high in the first place.)

You could probably store the whole Internet on that beast. :o

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow. The specs on that thing are amazing. If I could get my hands on one, I would turn it into one crazy-awesome math machine.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Maybe if I ran the Pentagon, Wal-Mart, or a major multinational corporation, I'd consider that as a good investment. Still, the power in that thing is greater than all the computers in some third world countries!  :o

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
terabytes of ram... petabytes of storage... this thing is a true monster