The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How will you react if they pretend it never happen

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So what would you do if they pretend the TV Series never happened in the upcoming movie(s)?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Edit: Nvm, wrong topic to discuss.

But I really wouldn't care either way.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Personally, I wouldn't care.

Btw, I noticed that all your options except for one all indicate some level of caring if the TV series was cancelled. This seems a little unfair, and I think the choices should have been more balanced out. I agree that a "I don't care" option should have been added.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
tv series didnt really add much, inmo, so if lbt 14 ignores it entirely, its fine with me.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's more that that would send poor Chomper back to that island and wipe Ruby from existence that has me worried.  

Do you hate Ruby so much that you'd want her gone?

(I trust Chomper can find a way to come back on his own....one that....er....won't make me wish that he hadn't....if you know what I mean.)

Also, I might add, that by axing the TV Series out of existence that the terms "Fast Biter", "Sweet Bubbles", "Flattooth", "Star Day", "Time of Great Growing", "Fast Runner", "fast water", etc, go too.  

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I voted for Darth Vader just because I had no idea you could include an image as a Poll option.

I fully expect the movie to ignore the TV Show. Hell, every movie pretty much ignores the previous ones, they're very standalone.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Mar 29 2015 on  10:47 PM
It's more that that would send poor Chomper back to that island and wipe Ruby from existence that has me worried.  

Do you hate Ruby so much that you'd want her gone?
There are already incidences where characters were brought in and then never mentioned again. Dil and Ichy are such examples. Rhett is another. Ozzy and Strut. RInkus and Sierra. Tickles. Dinah and Danah. From what I recall, after their only appearance, they are never mentioned again, nor does their existance seem to be acknowledged.

So what's the difference with not including Ruby and Chomper in the 14th movie? Unless you mean it takes place in an AU where certain events didn't happen (Ruby and Chomper never met, never went to the valley, etc). Of course, there's also the chance that the 14th movie won't include Ruby or Chomper because it takes place before they had even arrived.

But even if that is what happens (if they go the AU route), well so what? You have a whole TV series with them as major players. Does it really matter if they are ignored in the 14th movie? If they aren't even mentioned, you could just come up with your own ideas on where they were.

Not caring about the TV series does not equate to hating it or Ruby specifically. I personally don't care if they ignore the TV series or not because it's not something I consider important to me. I have other things to worry about, so I'm not going to get worked up over a TV show. However, I don't hate the show, nor do I hate Ruby. It is possible to not worry about the TV series being ignored and not hating it. In fact, it's entirely possible to like the TV show and still not care if it remained canon or not.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Frankly, I'll be happy to have the Gang of Five back.  Chomper and Ruby can visit from time to time if need be.  But I'd prefer it if they weren't permanent members of the gang in the official movies.

Pinky997

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Wouldn't care. I've been watching the TV series lately for the first time and I do enjoy it but it's nowhere near as good as any movies- Ruby's adorable but her phrases get kind of annoying and Chomper's cool but doesn't seem to add much. I'd be fine either way.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The movies are fairly stand alone so I'd not be surprised if they do ignore the tv series or most of the previous movies.    

I think Chomper's about the only one to be introduced in a movie sequel then return in another sequel.