The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most heart-wrenching moment?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Same here, voted for Littlefoot's Mother's death. It's the only scene that can make me teary-eyed if I'm in a bad mood (I often watch LBT when I'm sad). Though the movie itself would be a close second.
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have to agree with Ducky and CeratheRed.  The scene involving the death of Littlefoot's mom was one of the most emotional scenes I remember watching as a child.  The scene where he sees his shadow and mistakes it for his mother would be a close second in my opinion.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And not to forget Ducky mourning Petrie's supposed demise.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I was so sad the first and every time I watch the first movie when Littlefoot's Mother dies :'(! :cry
8 years with TGOF :yum

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I remember as a kid the scene were Sharptooth crunches Littlefoot's tree-star made me feel really bad for Littlefoot.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino on Jan 30 2014, 09:55:20 AM
I remember as a kid the scene were Sharptooth crunches Littlefoot's tree-star made me feel really bad for Littlefoot.
Same here, man! I'm not sure which scene I think is the MOST heart-wrenching, so I probably won't be voting in this one. I'd say it's a toss-up between Littlefoot's mother dying, Littlefoot grieving afterwards, and when he thought his shadow was his mother.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
The whole movie is one big coin of heartwarming and heartwretching. :')
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
One thing I found heart-wrenching about this movie was the end credits; however, it was due to Diana Ross singing If We Hold On Together; I really like her singing voice. I always found it to be one of the best parts in the entire movie.

However, the saddest part in the entire film is Littlefoot's mother's death. Despite sacrificing her life to save Littlefoot and Cera, it still didn't make her death less painful to watch.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm let's see what I chose 10 years ago...the whole movie. Yea I think I still agree with that. While Littlefoot's mother's death is sad I'd consider all the scenes up until meeting Ducky to be equally sad. Littlefoot's mother just died and now you have to watch him get filled with false hope looking at his shadow...that's pretty brutal. I went to Lion King in theaters when it had a re-release in 3D and the things I never noticed as a kid was how much they soften the blow of Mufasa's death. Almost immediately after his death you get a large chunk of the movie devoted to comedic relief. With LBT you get almost none of that. The birds fighting over the berry is the only thing that comes to mind and even then it segues into Littlefoot starving himself.

I've joked with my roommate on the flashback montage since the movie is like "hey, remember all the happy moments in this movie? All 30 seconds of it?"

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Almost immediately after his death you get a large chunk of the movie devoted to comedic relief. With LBT you get almost none of that.

That is exactly of the reasons I love LBT so much. It has funny moments but the whole film is devoted to building an emotional bond with the characters and the world itself. Speaking about the Lion King, Timon and Pumba ruin very much of the film for me and I truly like that LBT, despite comic moments, never introduce Mr. Pig to us. x(cera  As for the poll, I believe I voted the third option as the part between Littlefoot's mother's death and meeting Ducky is the saddest and the best part of the film for me. The scenery, the narration and especially the music... it doesn't get much better than that. :cry

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I voted for Option 5. It's a really brutal reminder that he's all alone.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
When Littlefoot sees a shadow that looks like his mother and he runs to it shoring”mother,” and then he gets up to the wall of rock and licks it and then realizes it’s not her. The narrator then says, “Little realized his mother was really gone.” (Paraphrase). So sad. Almost tied is the actual death of Mama Longneck, and Littlefoot crying out “mother?! Mother?” The thought of him staying with his deceased mother’s body is such a heart wrenching one. I wonder how long he stayed with her before he ran into Ol’ Rooter?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Most enotional moment is when Little Foot’s mother died and he says in sombering vouce, “mother? Mother?!” Littlefoot laying with his dead mother in the dark is the saddest moment and pulled on my emotional strings.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
So shadow or death of mother? :)
(stop cutting onions!)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
So shadow or death of mother? :)
(stop cutting onions!)

I just saw I had two onions.. I mean opinions :lol

I am going to say for me its Momma Longneck’s death scene at night and Littlefoot crying “mother? Mother?!” Oh man, now I am starting to tear up agaij..

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Yeah, Littlefoot's mother for me too. Always brings me to tears. Gotta man up.  :DD

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm gonna have to echo what the previous few people said and go with Littlefoot watching his mother die. As I mentioned in my introduction post in the Welcome Center, I cried when I saw that part again for the first time in over 15 years.

Other honourable mentions:
- Pretty much everything that follows the aforementioned scene. When that little pterosaur tries to cheer Littlefoot up by giving him the cherry, and keeps nudging it closer and closer. Littlefoot just stares on lifelessly and doesn't even react, and then the pterosaur's eager smile falls away. And then Littlefoot seeing what he thinks is his mother's shadow on the side of the cliff. Even the scene with Rooter, even though Rooter is trying to comfort Littlefoot, is still kinda sad in its own way. "The great circle of life has begun. But see, not all of us arrive together at the end."

- Littlefoot and Cera's fight. Quoting WeirdRaptor from page 2, who described it best: "The scene when Cera insults Littlefoot's mother... when you saw the rage Cera's hurtful words envoked in Littlefoot. One part of you knows that Littlefoot is better than that while the other half is egging him on to rip her head off. Very emotional."

- After the other kids rescue Cera from the predators and prank her with the tar, and then she leaves them in tears. Granted, I do feel Cera kinda got what she deserved. Still, she's just been through a traumatizing experience, and subsequently gets laughed at and utterly humiliated by her friends, and it's enough to make a normally tough and headstrong dinosaur like her completely break down. It's the moment when she seems to realize how awful she's been, and despite all her bravado, she's forced to come to terms with the fact that Littlefoot is a far better leader than her.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:20:26 AM by StardustSoldier »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the more uplifting side of emotional moments, the scene where Littlefoot and Ducky first meet is really cute. She's able to finally snap him out of his depression. I also love the music when she tries to pass off as a longneck (at 0:50 of "Foraging For Food" on the OST).

Also the scene where they all cuddle up at night and go to sleep. It gives us our biggest glimpse so far that Cera does have a more caring side buried deep down. And the music is, again, fantastic.

More of an awesome moment than a heart-wrenching moment. But during the final battle, when all of a sudden Cera shows up and yells "I'M COMING!!", and then rams the boulder and sends Sharptooth plunging into the drink. After spending the whole movie being a pompous braggart, she finally gets to do something genuinely heroic and saves the day.

And then at the very end when Littlefoot sees his mother in the clouds. Even though Sharptooth is gone, he still sounds so lost and defeated and broken. "Mother... I - I tried to do what you told me, but it's just too hard. I'll never find the Great Valley... Mother? Mother! Don't go, Mother! Don’t go!”  :cry
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:42:19 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Littlefoot's mother dying and Littlefoot having to cope with that will obviously be the most heart-wrenching moment of the movie. I could tell that he was in denial at first, but the reality of the situation was just too real, and it broke my heart considering that he had to experience that at such a young age. Anyone who had a similar experience in real life would obviously relate to it a lot. But apart from that obvious, I also think it was heart-wrenching to see such negative influence being brought upon Cera by her father Topps. That clear bias in favor of his own species and not allowing Cera to play with others, including his very hard-headed personality has really influenced his daughter a lot to be racist and bigoted. As much as I hated her attitude, I couldn't help but feel bad for her deep down. And yes, I know different species didn't exactly mingle with each other before the Great Earthshake, but still.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I also think it was heart-wrenching to see such negative influence being brought upon Cera by her father Topps. That clear bias in favor of his own species and not allowing Cera to play with others, including his very hard-headed personality has really influenced his daughter a lot to be racist and bigoted. As much as I hated her attitude, I couldn't help but feel bad for her deep down. And yes, I know different species didn't exactly mingle with each other before the Great Earthshake, but still.

Even though I really like Cera, I totally agree there. Notice that, upon meeting Littlefoot, she initially doesn't seem to have any problem playing with him until Topps intervenes. In some ways, I actually think she's a bigger victim than Littlefoot.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:51:14 PM by StardustSoldier »