The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Predictions

Noname · 49 · 5653

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Personally, I don't know. So far, I can predict/deduce a couple of things:

1. The group of... seven... won't really be able to leave the valley and return in a half-hour episode, so most of the episodes should take place in or around the valley... unless an episode consists of a character telling a story or has a flashback to some other place and time.

2. That the anatagonist Redclaw will eventually cause trouble; so far, we have only seen him in a flashback, and we don't know if he appeared in the first two episodes. If he entered the valley, we would probably have a repeat battle of the fight in movie II.

As for whether any guest characters come back (Ali, Bron, Mo, etc), we cannot tell, but probably shoulden't count on it. Still, it would be helpful for the creators of the show if they needed an "instant episode"; for example, they could just put in Bron, and half the episode would be the other character's reactions to his appearance. I suppose it would be interesting to see what would happen if Cera's father ever met Bron. As for Ali's return... it's been 11 years, and we're still waiting.

P.S. This is my 100th post!!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Congratuations for post number 100.
I still haven't watched the sequels though I must admit mit resolve not to watch them before my exams is being tested by my wish to participate in discussions of the series' sequels.
I can make less precise predictions than anyone who has seen the series so far, but I would be very surprised not to find at least some ideas some of us have had for their fanfictions in the series.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 22 2007 on  03:01 AM
but I would be very surprised not to find at least some ideas some of us have had for their fanfictions in the series.
That would be a bit creepy. I doubt the producers run around reading fanfiction, but then again, with this being a talking dinosaur universe, ideas roll over each other sometimes. As for predictions, I have none - I'm not the kind of person who thinks very far ahead.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I think they could leave the valley and create a two-episode long story. To tell you the truth I'm a bit sceptical about Ali's return but I'll keep on hoping it happens. If it those happen I hope it's in a movie and not on the series, she deservers a hour long feature.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would be a bit creepy. I doubt the producers run around reading fanfiction, but then again, with this being a talking dinosaur universe, ideas roll over each other sometimes. As for predictions, I have none - I'm not the kind of person who thinks very far ahead.
I'm not saying that the producers would """steal""" (funny idea that those with the rights of the characters should "steal" ideas from stories by authors who don't hold any rights of the characters) ideas from fanfictions. What I'm saying is that with the somewhat limited (yet still wide) variety of ideas which could be realized in the land before time as defined by the previous movies it is quite likely that some basic ideas may be the same, even if they come up completely independent from each other.
We had some ideas for some of the sequels (LBT 8, 9, and 10 in particular) in earlier fanfictions (or discussions on what would be good in fanfictions or movies).

If I was a producer of a movie such as LBT, I would be quite interested in what people devoted enough to write in a message board such as this one had to say. We don't know of course, but I would not be surprised if even people as important as Charles Grosvenor at least took an occassional look for some feedback of their work.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Oh I thought this was a prediction for the series as a whole....in that case, I think it will run its initial half season (13 eps) without any trouble since you hardly see a cartoon cancelled so quickly.  Beyond that I couldn't tell.  I think they'll run out of decent ideas before they run out of ambition to continue on.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are still ideas left to be used for good LBT stories. Why should some fanfiction writers be able to have good ideas but not those people who do it professionally?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I woulden't give the series such a short lifespan at all. I think it should have at least a couple of seasons, and can probably do quite well. If the movie series weren't profitable, they woulden't have made a tv series, after all, much research of the market and potential for profit go into any decision made on this level of magnitude (making an animated tv series can be expensive.) Anyway, what we've seen so far is quite good for an animated tv series (in my opinion.)

Besides, there are many, many things that could happen to the characters, even though the options are limited without technology, money, or civilization. Some possibilities include:

1. One of the characters gets injured, either in an accident, or by a predator. One possibility could be that Tricia gets injured while playing with the main characters (gets hit by a rock/hard piece of fruit.) I know this sounds cold-hearted (i'm writing about an infant being injured), but the repercussions could make for a good episode; to make it more interesting, what would happen if Cera were indirectly, unintentionally responsible for Tricia being hurt? (She suggested the game, and hit the projectile, like in the show's introduction.) How would Tria react? How would Cera's father react?

2. Chomper's parents come looking for him (since we haven't seen the first two episodes, we don't know if they would do this, or what the exact situation is.)

3. Show more of each of the character's pasts; they already did this with Ruby in episode 3.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I found something interesting in episode 3, that I think no one has pointed out. In the flashback where Ruby and Chomper are saying goodbye to her parents, her father says to Ruby to go and find out how they live together so it can help them in the future. Maybe Ruby's fmaily is being opressed by Redclaw and the other dinosaurs are thinking of living peacefully like in the great valley, they just don't know how. Ruby could be in some sort of quest.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I still haven't watched the sequels

What do you mean?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Okay, so far we have seen the following "journey' stories in the show:

1. Trip to get fruit.

2. Trip to get mineral.

3. Trip to see geysers.

Also, although we haven't seen them; we are told in summaries of episodes one and two that there is a trip inside of some caves. We also see an injury in the fifth episode. There is also a mudslide in this episode, but it isn't very harmful.

In the movies, we have previously seen these following obstacles:

1. Deserts and volcanoes (many appearances in the movies and the show)

2. Tar pits and/or quicksand (movies I, II, III)

3. Fire, and the lightning that caused it (movie III, episode 6)

4. Swampland (movie IV)

5. The ocean (movies V, IX)

6. Mountains (all of them)

7. Snow (movie VIII)

8. Earthquakes. Lots of them (various points in movies I-IX)

9. A solar eclipse (movie X)

10. Locusts (movie V)

11. Rain and a flood (movie IX)

12. A cave-in (movie IV)  

13. A disease (movie IV)

14. Predators (in almost every movie, and at least some episodes.)

15. A tornado (movie VI.)

What more could they throw at the characters? Did I miss any obstacles? Perhaps some rival herbivores could get in a fight and start a feud in the valley? Maybe Chomper goes off and accidently bites someone (like movie II) in front of the general populace of the valley, causing them to distrust him? Someone spreads a rumor that gets way out of hand? Redclaw attacks one of the adults? Someone from the movies makes a guest appearance (Ali, Pterano, Bron, or whoever, even though this isn't too likely)? The characters go on another trip to whatever natural phenomenon that the valley has in or around it? We've already seen hot springs, waterfalls, and auroras, among other things. What else could there be?

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
How about humans? They could be time-travelers from the future, or perhaps some early people who recently migrated from Africa or Asia. The question is, will these humans be good guys or antagonists (i.e. hunters or poachers)?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No way! This would disrupt LBT too much!

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 3 2007 on  02:57 AM
No way! This would disrupt LBT too much!
They got away with aliens in the movies, didn't they? As I recall, that didn't do that much harm to the LBT saga. If humans and their politics became a major theme in LBT, I agree that it would be disruptive. That said, I don't see how a few moments in which humans appear (for no longer than the episode's running length, of course) would do much harm.

Bipedal apes aside, I'd like to see a plot in which Chomper and Ruby reunite with their families, who then move into the Great Valley. Needless to say, it would be particularly interesting to see how Chomper's parents would manage to reach a compromise with the Great Valley natives.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don't ever consider putting humans in LBT!! Please! Let's not give anyone any ideas, even though the chances that we will are negligable. That would be a surefire way to ruin the series! The possible aliens in the seventh movie were bad enough, no need to bring active science fiction elements into the series. Having humans in the series would be like making a story about how Winston Churchill, F.D.R., and Stalin were the king's three musketeers who went off in the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria, and founded the first colony in Australia. In other words, it would be ridiculous to the point off stupidity, yes, far more so than having talking dinosaurs who set aside species differences. If you must see some LBT-related media with humans and aliens in it, go to this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3175428/1/ (LBT meets Halo.)

And please, don't bring up the scary (albeit very, very small) possibility that the producers might run out of ideas and put humans in the series.

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: trexmaster,Feb 3 2007 on  02:48 AM
How about humans? They could be time-travelers from the future, or perhaps some early people who recently migrated from Africa or Asia. The question is, will these humans be good guys or antagonists (i.e. hunters or poachers)?
LOL! Yeah, right! Let's not give those producers any crazy ideas!  :rolleyes:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Humans will not appear in the series, after all this is 65 millon years in the past, and we don't want this is to turn into We're Back Again!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, I had the strangest dream one night.  It has been lingering on my mind since I had it nearly one month ago.

Anyways, within the dream, it is the last few episodes of the TV Series.  In it, Ali comes back and tells Littlefoot how Redclaw has gathered a ton of sharpteeth and isn't allowing anyone to leave or enter the Valley.  Seeing that the only way to ensure peace again is to get rid of Redclaw once and for all, the members of the Valley head to the Mysterious Beyond to take care of Redclaw for good.

During the battle, Redclaw commands his minions to bring the gang to him.  They are successfully captured and are brought before Redclaw.  Chomper bravely approaches Redclaw and asks him why he's stopping anyone from entering or exiting the Valley.  He simply tells them that he wants to rule the valley, having finally found the secret enterance, he and his sharpteeth minions can have all the food they want now.

Chomper then asks him another question.  He explains how a sharptooth like him would just kill his prey and eat it right where he killed it and not bring it here.  What was the reason for kidnapping them?

Redclaw then explains that the gang of five tried to kill him once before.  Chomper explains this and the gang is very confused, knowing that they have taken on several different sharpteeth.  Redclaw then explains in deeper detail of how in one fight they may remember him from was when he fought against an adult female longneck and gave her a killing bite.  He also explains how the gang had pushed him into a deep pool of water and nearly killed him with the assistance of a boulder.  It then hits the gang on who it is.  The very one that had killed Littlefoot's mother was none other than Redclaw and he had somehow survived their attack.  The one it hits most is Littlefoot.

And that's where I woke up.  Trust me, it was too shocking to me as well.

I don't want to believe it, but there is a very small chance that Sharptooth did survive.  Though it is so small, it is incredibly hard to believe.

I, myself, would be very surprised if this turned out to be the truth.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
That would make a great, err, couple episodes to the near-end of the TV series, but I doubt the producers are going to throw anything that shocking or deep at us older viewers.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It does sound like a good idea, Redclaw being the same sharptooth from the first movie, and yeah I do agree that the sharptooth could have survived.  But Redclaw is colored differently than that sharptooth, so I have my doubts he is the same sharptooth.