The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Asking LBT production crew members for information

Hypno · 358 · 46848

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Me, ADFan185, Sovereign, and Snik have been thinking about contacting Mark Pudleiner (an animator who worked on Don Bluth films) has any stills, cels, or information at least about the lost scenes of the original Land Before Time. We may ask about All Dogs Go to Heaven as well (not sure if he worked on the movie or not though).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 04:46:21 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Since Pudleiner released that storyboards recently, he's obvious first candidate for letter. But I also think: maybe there're other people who can be contacted by mail without much trouble?

also, I'm absolutely not good in composing letters, so I can't help with that.

Edit: Oh wow I'm Ducky now! ^^
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And I'm Spike :)

I'm not really sure who else worked on the film, I don't have much knowledge of that.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
According to IMDB, he did work on All Dogs Go to Heaven. That site is a good place to investigate who worked on which film. Also, you may just watch the credits.  ;) I don't know if it worth it to go through everyone who worked on LBT but there could be somewhat we could contact. Pudleiner is probably the easiest person to start.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
On his blog he mentioned that he worked on ADGTH, so yeah, he did. I'm not even sure if he knew that the sharptooth storyboard drawings had cut scenes...we could ask him about that too.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
wow...
I thought this thread would be the most popular in last months, and everybody would say their word here...
6/14
0/26

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Same. Maybe some people aren't available to post right now.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, there have been countless past attempts to recover the lost scenes so perhaps people think this is one of them?  :unsure: Anyway, I could do the message unless somebody else wants to.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, you could do it. I don't know if I'd do good at composing a message. I wouldn't want to mess up or ask him the wrong question or not be polite or anything. We wouldn't want to annoy him, or we might not get the information we're looking for.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah let's not hound the guy he does need his privacy and if he doesn't get back to us in a day or two or a bit long than we should send a reminder e-mail.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I don't think it would hurt to ask him, and I'd be interested to hear about his experiences working on the movie in general. Let me know if you need any help writing the letter/e-mail :D

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
post your variant of composed message here. :D
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm really bad at those official openings and endings of a letter but I hope I have managed to do a satisfactory draft of the message. Please give your thoughts about this proposition.

Greetings, Mr. Pudleiner! I’m writing on behalf of several members of the Gang of Five, a fansite dedicated to the Land Before Time. We are extremely grateful for the great storyboards you shared with us in 2015 as they gave us new information about the original film, especially concerning the deleted scenes. The scenes cut from the film just before its release have been of immense interest to us, the fans of the series, and we would be extremely grateful if you could share some details about your memories concerning the scenes and the overall making of the movie.

We would like to know if you might have any additional storyboards about those scenes or if you could explain what those deleted scenes were and what happened in them. For example, what happened in the first, uncut sharptooth attack scene that we didn’t see in the final film? Was there an extended scene about Spike’s birth? We would be incredibly thankful if you could tell us what you remember about those 11 lost minutes and your overall experiences about the production of the Land Before Time.

P.S Do you know anyone else who worked on the film who could be able to provide us with more information or sketches from the lost scenes? Any further contact information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Gang of Five

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
:unsure:
*waits for others' opinion on this*

Edit: lol, srsl, E3 thread is tripple more popular than this. :'(
6/14
0/26

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think it is a good message. Much better than as good as I was going to do.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I'm glad that you found it somewhat acceptable. Still, I'd like to know how the formal parts (greetings and signature) should be improved before we send it. I'm sure they're not correct.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You could say something like "Sorry to bother you" or something early on possibly. You could change "T. rex" instead of Sharptooth. You could also put at the end:

Thank you,
Gang of Five Forum

instead of

Thank you,
Gang of Five

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll send this tomorrow. I'd like more people to have their say at this message. Pudleiner is one of the people who created the film and went through every part of its production. We don't have many such people available for contact and I'm surprised this hasn't caught more attention.  :neutral

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll tell some of my LBT Wiki buddies about this.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Sovereign,Jun 14 2017 on  10:35 PM
I'll send this tomorrow.
wait wait, don't send it yet.
I think we can wait more one day. :D

Maybe somebody from Rock Circle head stuff will post their response here?
6/14
0/26