The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sing LBT with the Gang of Five

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know my singing was pretty bad. But I'm really going to try extremely hard to sing better for the next song.  Whatever it is.......... I would actually really love to do Adventuring if that song hasn't been done yet.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Jul 19 2007 on  06:59 PM
I know my singing was pretty bad. But I'm really going to try extremely hard to sing better for the next song.  Whatever it is.......... I would actually really love to do Adventuring if that song hasn't been done yet.
I don't think we need to discriminate it anymore.  The TV Series has already done that for us! :P:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm... I've got a laptop computer that's got a built in microphone, the computer can be very quiet-like when it wants to be, and, being a laptop, I can unhook it from it's power source and tote it off to an empty car or a storage building. Is there any way I could get in on this? If I DID sing, it would most likely wind up base-pitched.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Save the voting for the vote topic, guys! :p
I'll have that up very soon.

Is there any way I could get in on this? If I DID sing, it would most likely wind up base-pitched.
Sure thing!  I will be posting a topic shortly.  In this topic, singers may vote on the next song we will sing.  Once we decide on a song, I will create a topic for that song.  Once the song's topic is up, you can post in there and send me your recording.

For details about recording, see the first post in this topic. ;)
We will also discuss the details of the specific song in the song's topic (once it's posted up).

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm... so let me get this straight. I'm going to download one of your remixes. Then I will play the song with headphones and sing to it and upload the result, so you only end up with a voice-only audio file?

Also, is it all right if I use Microsoft Sound Recorder to record my singing? Because I'm way to busy to download Goldwave or any of that junk, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. My microphone is built directly into my computer screen, so using Sound Recorder has been very convenient for me in the past. And what would your file format preference be? WAV? MP3? WMA?

I probably won't be able to download any files of yours until morning due to the fact I'm currently downloading one of LBTlover's uploaded episodes. And I'm going to need lyrics, I assume.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Also, is it all right if I use Microsoft Sound Recorder to record my singing?
Sure, feel free to use whatever you feel comfortable with.
I just recommended Goldwave for those people who didn't know where to start.

And what would your file format preference be? WAV? MP3? WMA?

Specifically, I would be interested in any of the following:

.WAV   44,100 Hz (CD Quality please!) Mono
.MP3    44,100 Hz, 192 kb/s or higher bitrate, Mono

.OGG, .WMA, etc.  I *will* accept them but they take me more effort to work with since Goldwave doesn't like them very much sometimes :p

High-quality .wav or mp3 are both perfectly acceptable.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I probably won't be able to download any files of yours until morning due to the fact I'm currently downloading one of LBTlover's uploaded episodes. And I'm going to need lyrics, I assume.
The completed songs will be online indefinitely.  Help yourself whenever you want. :)

As for the music for the song we're singing...That won't be posted up for awhile (at least a couple of weeks, probably more).  We need to agree on a song, then I need to reproduce it, which is a very time-consuming job.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I thought you posted somewhere that you were doing it in the next couple of hours. Must have been that list you posted.

I do find it slightly difficult to cobble my way through half a dozen different topics that all have "singing project" in the title.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I do find it slightly difficult to cobble my way through half a dozen different topics that all have "singing project" in the title.
Definitely understandable.  I know the topics involving singing projects are a little disorganized.  That's mainly because we tend to go off-topic in one topic, so the information from one topic to another meshes together a bit.

As long as you understand the basic procedure, you'll be fine.
1) We vote on a song.
2) I reproduce the music.
3) I send every singer the music.
4) The singers record Only their voice while listening to my music.
5) Singers send me their voice recordings.
6) I post up the completed song.

That's all there is to it. :)