The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Animated Films outside of LBT.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jan 28 2008 on  08:53 PM
CoolWorld

You would be the first I've come across who 1.) has seen it and 2.) actually likes it.  From what I've heard, that's one mess of a film.
People have said many times, and I even say it to myself sometimes. "I have weird taste in movies and music."

I thought it was good though...I guess it's because I just like odd abnormal things...which is something that Mr. Bakshi is known for.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I will likely forget some but most of mine are more serious.  Stuff like Titan AE, though I did like Toy story also and Shrek, the re dubbed Akira, Beavis & Butthead do America, brave little toaster, the hobbit, nightmare before chrismas, vampire hunter d, + bloodlust,

I only listed films since it didn't say films & tv series.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Guess what they all have in common?
Though not all of the respective characters are presented in a positive light ;)
I guess there is no need to. Personally I find such "middle of the road characters" where you can't tell straight away whether they are "good" or "bad" (if these terms can even be applied) more fascinating than the outright villains or heroes.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
afro samurai, so much story and blood, i hate to say this but it was better than the first LBT. :wow

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hmmmmmm..... Outside of LBT I'd say my favorites would be Inuyasha and Death Note.  I've tried watching other shows targeted to the same age audience that LBT is and I didn't like them too much.  Other shows on CN such as Ben10, My gym parters a monkey, fairly odd parents (or something along those lines), and transformers just don't appeal to me at all.  LBT is the only animated show I watch that's targeted at such a young audience.  I've watched lots of anime shows too, but I can't stand them unless they're in Japanese.  They just don't seem right in English. -_-

In conclusion, I only like LBT and a few anime shows I can watch in Japanese.  I've watched both Inuyasha and Death note in English and the shows just didn't seem quite right.  I couldn't tell you why.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 29 2008 on  12:43 PM
Hmmmmmm..... Outside of LBT I'd say my favorites would be Inuyasha and Death Note.
I didn't know you liked Death Note. My brother told me about that show.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I didn't know you liked Death Note. My brother told me about that show.

Because it was all a mind game and was very exciting.  The ending sucked pretty badly though.  Like they ran out of money and just ended it or something.  It just goes to show you that even individuals with the best intentions cannot keep themselves from turning evil and becoming corrupted when they have ultimate power.  Watching it in Japanese was exciting as well.  I learned a lot of new words because the show used all these odd words I've never heard before.  I spent a lot of the time with an English-Japanese dictionary when watching that show. :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I might try to watch the show sometime. The only bit of it I saw was from the first episode when Light tries the notebook for the first time, and some random Youtube Poop of the last episode that Clint wanted me to see. Oh and I've seen some funny fancomics of it on DeviantArt.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wreck It Ralph the only good video game movie ever made. I loved it because I connected with Ralph and venlope. And the story was very good.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I love animation so this is a really tough one.  :)littlefoot
I don't know much about Japanese animation though so I probably won't touch that in this post.

The most recent animated movie that greatly blew my mind was Inside Out! Wow, that movie just knocked it out of the park! I have almost nothing to pick on with that movie; it wasn't afraid to take a lot of risks, it didn't try to have a happy ending, it just did its own thing with the premise it had...and it's probably the strongest animated movie I've seen in decades.

Aladdin is still probably my favorite Disney animated movie in terms of movies I can watch again and again. The scenery is immaculate, Aladdin is so expressive, the climax is great fun to watch, the songs are among the best I've seen in any animated film. Honestly...that's a big part of it for me. This is one of the few animated movies, at least for me, where every single song is awesome. Nothing annoying, nothing with obnoxious parts, just TONS of fun and beautiful performances in every single song.

I wanted to give this honour of "favorite Disney movie" to The Lion King but....ehh, I like it but I feel like the whole middle of the movie just isn't all that strong. It has a LOT of AMAZING parts and it's 90% of the way there but at the end of the day I find Aladdin, as a whole, is a better experience to me.

Beauty and the Beast is another amazing honourable mention. I put this as a very close second to Aladdin as my favorite Disney movie. Ultimately I'm favouring Aladdin because, while Beauty and the Beast is absolutely outstanding as a film, I just personally prefer the theme in Aladdin. Arabian Knights and magic trumps Middle-ages France in terms of raw awesomeness for me any day.

I love Beauty and the Beast but Aladdin is probably my pick for favorite "classic" Disney movie.

At this current time though, if I had to vote for "best animated movie", I'd have a hard time not picking Inside Out. Wow, that one just blew me away.  :!  :exactly

-----

Some other honourable mentions which are way up there for me:

Tangled (Holy crap this is a hilarious movie!)

Wreck-It Ralph (definitely better than I expected and legitimately VERY-well put-together!)

Kung-Fu Panda (1): This was surprisingly entertaining as heck! I'm not sure if it would hold up a second viewing but it was really cool the first time!!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I still love Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration. I think it's one of the better direct to video Sequels.