The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT characters playing Civilization 4

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Ducky: Spiky, old habits die hard huh? Thanks to these rainbowfaces, we can have a chat on these weird devices now and play fun games together, yes we can!
LOL! The rainbowfaces gave them the devices!!! :lol  :lol  :lol  :D  :)littlefoot
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice to see more of this!  :) I was wondering if it was going to continue at all but I'm glad I was proven wrong. It's a nice development that Ducky and Spike are neighbors as I think we have a rather strong and peaceful alliance right there! At least Chomper and Cera's playstyles will take a good hit from this development. The former is now forced to target the mainly the AI for now. The way you use that Spike eating Ducky caption is hilarious!  :lol Ruby is having a good time and there's a good chance she'll emerge as a major power soon enough.

The end chat was a really funny idea! The characterizations worked nicely here and I liked the flow of the conversation as well as the funny parts like the "Who's that creepy guy?!" and the Rainbowfaces explanation for this whole concept (Just don't do that in an actual fanfic, okay  :DD ). As for the question, these titles might not be too exciting but they sure are informative about the parts we want to see or revisit later. If you can combine the information about the post's content and the more interesting title, then do it by all means!  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks you two :lol:

Well, this whole concept could be classified as crack fic I think (which is a type of fanfiction I usually stay away from) and this was a pretty easy way to explain how the heck the GoF got hold of the game  :DD

We actually have yet to see what Ducky and Chomper are going to do. Chomper is not aware of Spike's presence yet which is a huge diplomatic advantage of Ducky! I figured continuing the Ducky-Chomper conversation would be too much to fit into one post.

Pretty funny though how 5 out of 8 "human" players out of 46 players in total end up having another human neighbor.
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And of course it was the rainbowfaces who did it.  :p The breakdown between the negotiations between Chomper and Ducky has led into an alliance with Spike for the time being... though I wonder if this might make Chomper consider an alliance of his own to counter the brother and sister duo.  The loss of Chomper's scout was probably a wake up call for him.

On a final note, I do think the chat log after every ten turns is a wonderful idea.  :yes It allows for some good plot-building and banter which can help add some additional life into the turn-by-turn situation.

On a side note I hope the rainbowfaces didn't give Rhett one of those devices, if so then they might be getting a lot of Rhett-centric spam.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
This game of Civ is really shaping up well. The recent developments have really set the stage for what looks to be an exciting battle. I did find Littlefoot's entry a little shirt but hey he wasn't in much of an interesting position. I wonder if they other's will find him before he takes off. Ducky also appears to be in an interesting position between Spike and Chomper, of course she and Spike will probably ally themselves but if Chomper joined that alliance then that'll be on impressive force to go against.  

Also the idea for the chat between the friends was just brilliant and was a really enjoyable read. Nice work there, keep it up.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Haha, this is great mate :D

I just read a few of the entries; very informative as well as funny :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And of course it was the rainbowfaces who did it.  dino_tongue.gif The breakdown between the negotiations between Chomper and Ducky has led into an alliance with Spike for the time being... though I wonder if this might make Chomper consider an alliance of his own to counter the brother and sister duo. The loss of Chomper's scout was probably a wake up call for him.
The alliance so far hasn't been officially confirmed but, of course, you know it's gonna happen :D As for Chomper, I'm not sure yet how he'd react. On the one hand I picture him to be rather pragmatic in this game, trying to attack whoever he can to gain an advantage. Then again, he probably wouldn't be stupid enough to take on Ducky and Spike combined? The negotiations aren't exactly disrupted, I just figured it'd be too much for one post in this early stage of the game (Ducky probably just forgot with all that excitement welling up in her :p)

This game of Civ is really shaping up well. The recent developments have really set the stage for what looks to be an exciting battle. I did find Littlefoot's entry a little shirt but hey he wasn't in much of an interesting position. I wonder if they other's will find him before he takes off. Ducky also appears to be in an interesting position between Spike and Chomper, of course she and Spike will probably ally themselves but if Chomper joined that alliance then that'll be on impressive force to go against.
Well, sometimes there just isn't much to report on. Some characters get more attention than others depending on their situation too. For example, Petrie and Ali are pretty silent so far because Petrie is  not very good at the game (seriously, I do make some stupid decision on purpose in his case because... that's what I'd imagine Petrie to do  :lol ) and Ali had the luck to be able to go for a work boat straight, limiting her reports due to the lack of scouts. Then we have the likes of Ducky who is trying hard to survive with lots of neighbors and good scouting to create regular reports :p

I agree though, if Chomper joins that alliance, they'll be super tough! ^^spike After all, they all got some military advantages to use against their enemies (though Ducky's are mostly in defensive nature)

Haha, this is great mate biggrin.gif

I just read a few of the entries; very informative as well as funny smile.gif
Thanks mate, glad to see you're liking this too! Gee, I wish my fanfics were this popular!  :lol:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The rainbow faces giving the gang this is hilarious. I can picture how it would it would go, quite literally.

On a side note I hope the rainbowfaces didn't give Rhett one of those devices, if so then they might be getting a lot of Rhett-centric spam.
They won't be able to stand Rhett's...rhetoric.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll be getting back to a somewhat regular schedule next week, promised :p

Littlefoot 11
Ducky 11
Spike 11
Chomper 11
Ruby 11
Ali 11
Turn 11

Some surprises in [Turn 11] again :smile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow Littlefoot cannot seem to get a break. It sure keeps things interesting though.

The graphs are nice, though it would be nice if the axes (or at least the y-axis. The x-axis is clearly turns) were labeled so I knew what I was looking at better (in physics they really pound that into your head).

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Poor Littlefoot, it looks like he might have to take a more "sharptooth" like strategy going forward.  As for Ruby it looks like her scout might be tested quite soon... and Chomper is laying down the gauntlet to Ducky... it will be interesting to see how that resolves itself.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope Littlefoot manages to overcome this terrible start as it wouldn't be nice if he were eliminated this easily. Hopefully the AI isn't too smart.  :p As for Chomper, it's starting to seem like Ducky is going to spend the next nine turns trying to gain an upper hand in the long term by keeping Chomper in the dark about the new alliance. Very good developments!  :) As for the graphs, I guess they'll get interesting soon enough but, sadly, they don't tell me too much.  :lol Is this your main project right now?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow Littlefoot cannot seem to get a break. It sure keeps things interesting though.
Yeah, poor Littlefoot. Well, at least he might give us the first war of the game if the AI does what I expect them to do (because, let's be honest, they ALWAYS put their cities where you want to put yours just out of spite!  :p )

The graphs are nice, though it would be nice if the axes (or at least the y-axis. The x-axis is clearly turns) were labeled so I knew what I was looking at better (in physics they really pound that into your head).
Sure, I think my Excel skills should be good enough to accomplish that somehow  :angel

Poor Littlefoot, it looks like he might have to take a more "sharptooth" like strategy going forward.
Yeah, good point and nice wording :lol

As for Ruby it looks like her scout might be tested quite soon... and Chomper is laying down the gauntlet to Ducky... it will be interesting to see how that resolves itself.
Yep, yep, yep! I'll try to update as soon as I can. If work isn't too hard tomorrow, I might have the guts to do the next turn tomorrow... let's see :)

I hope Littlefoot manages to overcome this terrible start as it wouldn't be nice if he were eliminated this easily.
I guess the AI wouldn't take him out that easily but his game would be ruined for sure as he'd have to put all his resources into fighting wars instead of pursuing long-term goals that improve his economy...

Hopefully the AI isn't too smart
Well, the difficulty of this game (aka. how much the AI is cheating :p) is rather low for this one (the AI only having marginal advantages I think). I usually take one of the highest ranks rather quick on this difficulty level so we shouldn't have to worry too much, especially since the AI won't work together in most cases :p

s for Chomper, it's starting to seem like Ducky is going to spend the next nine turns trying to gain an upper hand in the long term by keeping Chomper in the dark about the new alliance. Very good developments!  smile.gif
hehehe, I'm sure she will do that  ^^spike

As for the graphs, I guess they'll get interesting soon enough but, sadly, they don't tell me too much.  dino_laugh.gif
You don't really see much in them yet anyway. This is going to get much more interesting and informative soon enough :yes

Is this your main project right now?
As in... among my other creative projects? I know I haven't been doing much writing lately which had a lot of reasons but I'd still say writing/drawing are my main projects. This is more like a fun thing to do whenever I have some time  :lol

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot is in trouble. I hope he can bounce back from this.
It's nice to see that Ducky and Spike are together now, they may soon be a formidable force indeed :yes
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep, yep, yep, I'm sure they will be :yes

Littlefoot 12
Cera 12
Ducky 12
Petrie 12
Spike 12
Ruby 12
Turn 12

Well, about time to start customizing some city names, eh? :DD

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
plz no op ducky if so plz nerf

"Me win game!" :lol

Cera's name could be: City of the Threehorns or something.
Ducky's could be Swimmer Land.
Spike: Green Food Land???

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rather short but interesting developments! It's quite an coincidence that the siblings were so close to each other but that's only good for them.  :) Petrie's city name is pretty great even if I doubt it'll be truthful but you never know! :D As for the other names, I'm terrible at coming up with them so I don't think I'm too helpful with those.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As for names, I'd like to have some systematic choices at least for some of the characters.

As I mentioned in Littlefoot's post, he may just name his cities after people he's close to (the city of Grandpa, anyone? :p)

Cera will be trying to underline that her species is the superior species of course

Ducky might have city names like "Big Water" or just "YepYepYep" xD

Petrie... well, Petrie's names might be really uhh random?  :lol Certainly, I have a city of "SnugglingStick" in mind :p

Spike ---> food (What else?) ^^spike

Chomper might point out how tasty certain friends of his taste, surely Ducky would approve of a city right next to her called "liver of duck"  :nyah

Ruby... I'm not really sure about her.

Ali... same thing. Not sure yet... Maybe I'll reference some things that she can be affiliated with (like... Rhett xD Nightflowers, the Valley of Mists... or she might just express her deep affection for Littlefoot by naming a city after him ehh...  :p )

So yeah, just some ideas of mine

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry for the long break once again... too many projects to keep up with ugh :p

I played up to turn 15 now, so just a matter of writing these posts for a while :p

Littlefoot 13
Ducky 13
Petrie 13
Spike 13
Turn 13

This is a really uneventful turn, though turn 15 will be quite the opposite! I have 12 screenshots for one character :o Although most of these are just to explain a couple things for people unfamiliar with the game :p