The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

playing with each other

rosie · 9 · 1319

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Why don't other kids play with each other like the gang or the babies of different species?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Since the animators hate animating other kids.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Hyp, Nod, and Mutt apparently do. I agree with Kor that they probably wouldn't bother to animate them without those kids having a direct meaning for the story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Ducky's siblings siblings seem to play together, they're always seen in a group. Petrie's siblings too. Or are you only talking about Different species playing togther? The narrator of LBT 1 said that was pretty unique.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They've only shown other resident kids a few times.  A few times that I can think of right off are 1 at the end of 6 where some kids, including a young domehead, are sitting around the same heat vent shown earlier in the movie and listening to a story, and in The Lonely Journey they show some young Maiasaur kids during the ceremony thing, forgot if they gave it a name or not.  Not sure if they show any other kids in the background or not.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There were some kids at the end of LBT 2, we saw some in LBT 4 (e.g. little Parasaurolophus during grandma's song), the scene in LBT 5 when they are travelling through the desert and the closing scenes of the same movie include kids whom I suppose to be siblings of Ducky and Petrie.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They're shown some, but they are pretty rare unfortunately.