The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Once more Into the Black Discussion

Nick22 · 48 · 10249

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I've also compiled a codex with links to all the Into the Black media written up to now. It's got every role play and links to over two dozen stories written by various authors, mostly myself. There's even a video game! :D

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mind if I join in? I could use Tony, and wouldn't mind playing a villain in this. Could restart Racing the Storm if you all wanted as well, though I'm fine either way with that one.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name: Herschel 'Awe' Hammacher

Species: Human

Augmentations(cybernetic): Air Tank, Digestive Expansion, Gecko Hands, Grip Feet, Hardened Bones, Hydraulic Limbs, Leg Enhancement, Nanobots, Reflex Enhancers, Control Rig, Datajack, Dermal Armor,cyberneticaly enhanced eyes capable of infrared and night vision, Tracheal Filter

Augmentations(bio): Poisionous, Sensory Enhancement, Tail, Shocking, Sleep Regulator, Flexible Joints

Appearance: medium build 5'9, Blue eyes, brown hair, tan skin, dresses in a trench coat with tail folded up when not on mission. when on mission heavily modified corporate assassin attire.

Bio, extra details: Raised by the head of Werner Industries Günter Stellwagen as an assassin and heavily augmented for the role. Was taught by a fellow WI assassin named 'Mr. Trigger' made his first kill at the age 15. He defended the company and it's head against many rival corporations gained the nickname 'Awe' after
destroying a rival corprations oil rig that was the base for their assassins. After the several dozen more missions he was let go to his own devices and went freelance at 34. On first hearing of the "The Purifiers" he thought little of them.
After the destruction of Lanthae however he eagerly awaited the calls to take them down reciving several. While normally having a minimum twenty thousand credit fee this work he'll do for free

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace on July 06, 2018, 11:30:56 PM
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace on July 06, 2018, 11:30:56 PM
Name: Herschel 'Awe' Hammacher

Species: Human

Augmentations(cybernetic): Air Tank, Digestive Expansion, Gecko Hands, Grip Feet, Hardened Bones, Hydraulic Limbs, Leg Enhancement, Nanobots, Reflex Enhancers, Control Rig, Datajack, Dermal Armor,cyberneticaly enhanced eyes capable of infrared and night vision, Tracheal Filter

Augmentations(bio): Poisionous, Sensory Enhancement, Tail, Shocking, Sleep Regulator, Flexible Joints

Appearance: medium build 5'9, Blue eyes, brown hair, tan skin, dresses in a trench coat with tail folded up when not on mission. when on mission heavily modified corporate assassin attire.

Bio, extra details: Raised by the head of Werner Industries Günter Stellwagen as an assassin and heavily augmented for the role. Was taught by a fellow WI assassin named 'Mr. Trigger' made his first kill at the age 15. He defended the company and it's head against many rival corporations gained the nickname 'Awe' after
destroying a rival corprations oil rig that was the base for their assassins. After the several dozen more missions he was let go to his own devices and went freelance at 34. On first hearing of the "The Purifiers" he thought little of them.
After the destruction of Lanthae however he eagerly awaited the calls to take them down reciving several. While normally having a minimum twenty thousand credit fee this work he'll do for free

Sweeeet, welcome aboard f-22!  :lol:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome aboard f22!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I made a master list of all the character sheets in this universe, just cause I keep wanting to see them all in one place. Some characters are missing, like Rose, Marie, and Marcus, because they never had character sheets posted. (If nick and bushwacked want to post character sheets for them, I'd gladly add them to the master list :P )

Edit: bushwacked and nick wrote character sheets for the missing three! Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:06:04 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome Back Pterano!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Is there any chance people could post a little faster? Would like to finish this hospital subplot and move onto the main storyline. We’re averaging less than a single post a week.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll get a post up today LBT.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sounds good nick. We should be done with the hospital arc really soon, then we can move onto raiding the safehouse where Flora's being held. If Starfall's still gone by then, I'll probably take over his character Kintoki, though I'll probably portray him slightly differently. Might go for more suave noir instead of edgy and self-loathing.

Don't forget to keep posting, everyone. Serris and bushwacked in particular, your characters are setting the pace for your parts of the storyline.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 03:37:45 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
F-22, Pteranodon, let us know when your conversation is over and we can have everyone start waking up

And don't feel any rush, you both post super fast and it's great your characters finally get a chance to meet and get to know each other
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:12:07 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, no problem! Feel free to wake up whenever you guys want! I don't have much further to go really, so just jump in whenever you want!

Thanks for the consideration though!

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah I'll have marota and marie wake yup soon, since they were the first to get the antidotes.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sounds good Nick, once you post I'll have Emilena wake up as well. Are the heroes headed for Coxon's hideout (where Flora is being held) after that?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i would think so.  we'd need to find out about corxon though.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Since we've reached Coxon's hideout, I'm introducing a character sheet for Kintoki since I'll be playing him from here on out. This character was made by Starfall but he dropped out before giving us a character sheet or really any sort of backstory.

Name: Sakata Kintoki
Species: Fox
Augmentations: none
Appearance: Wears a heavy exoframe with pneumatic shock dampeners and helmet with LED visor. Underneath it, he’s a scrawny gray-furred and yellow-eyed fox with unruly hair and a bushy tail.
Bio, extra details: Sakata was always fascinated with augmentations, but grew up in a household with staunchly anti-Augment sentiments. Knowing his parents would never allow him to work in cybernetics, and that he wasn’t smart or rich enough for school, Kintoki works under the table for Coxon as contracted muscle. Most of his spare funds go into upgrading his exoframe, though he’s always wished he could work up the nerve to openly defy his family and purchase some real augments for himself.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 07:26:32 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Does Coxon's safehouse have any guards other than Kintoki? What sort of protections are we looking at? (might be a question for bushwacked)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So the character who appeared in my last post (Lily's clone) has been a shadowy figure floating around for most of the RP, and since some of our current players haven't encountered her, I thought I'd provide some context as to who she is and where she came from.

------------------------

At the end of Into the Black, Emilena and Axel saved Lily's life by cloning her body, artificially aging it with a growth acceleration pod, and transferring her consciousness into the new body. The three then escaped the Purifier headquarters, but nobody realized they just left Lily's DNA sample in the Purifier cloning pod.

At the beginning of this RP, the heroes were captured by Purifiers, and the clone made her first appearance unsuccessfully trying to bait information out of Axel and Soren by pretending to be Lily.

Later, she has a meeting with Rhaegson. She reveals her main target is the real Lily; she's jealous she doesn't have healing powers and hopes to steal them for herself. She shows Rhaegson a manila folder with her plan, and he approves it.

She shows up here and there throughout the early RP, sometimes impersonating Lily, other times simply planting info for certain characters to find to further her goals. Notably, she ensures Lily discovers she was married in her former life so Lily leaves the team to confront her husband, giving the clone a chance to speak to Axel and Flora and convince them to help her dispatch Lily when she returns.

The night Lily rejoins the team, Axel and Flora lure her into an alleyway and the clone tranqs her. Axel follows the clone's instructions to sever his emotional bond with Lily, and the clone leaves with Lily's body. Since then, Emilena has been developing phantom surgical wounds, and in my next post is going to find out why.

That sound be enough to set the scene for the current situation! :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:30:58 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »