The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

On the verge of buying an alledged copy of the uncut

LostInTime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Edit Inclusion: Just gonna leave a hint there that it might be a scam, since he "knew about the extra scenes", and said he had been scammed before and wanted the money first. Well, would suck immensly to do such a heartless thing. I'll keep you updated.

So, I finally took action and created an auction for buying the "uncut version" of the Land Before Time in Sweden. I thought, what the heck why not?. I was amazed that the same day, or the day after I got an response! And interestingly enough, the name was of finish origin.

So, I asked him again, are you certain that it is an TV-recorded VHS from the early 1990's? With extra scenes that are not in the commercial version?

The response was: Yes, it has the extra scenes. I have the tape lying around here taking up space. I will sell it for $$ is that okey?

So Now I'm just hopefully waiting for the copy to arrive. Damn, I wish with all my heart that we can get this long lost version recovered.

The storyboard that was uncovered has made me all the more sure I've seen the real deal. Also the ending with "now we'll always be together" makes the ending more complete like I remembered it.

I have high hopes now guys, Let's hope it doesn't get stuck in the mail or that the seller don't stop responding.

Take care

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:59:56 PM by LostInTime »

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hey! All of what you described sounds quite intriguing, but it's good to be cautious. Let's hope! :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Hey, LostInTime, didn't see you for more than three years!

*triggered*

FFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*smashes head on rock. in Sharptooth's style!*

well, answering in the same day is absolutely suspicious, like guys search for LBT uncut every day.

But well... *fingers crossed. In LBT4 Gang's style!*

I didn't get it, did he/she sent to you screenshoot from movie so you made sure it's actual from uncut version? If yes - can you post it there, please?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 05:06:00 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I'm going to hold out and be optimistic, considering we got the original script very recently. Crossing my fingers! :D
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

LostInTime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

The purpose of the post was to share this amazing happening, but I realize it could be a bit early.
The thing is that I got the first response Thursday and the last response Friday. So it has been 4-5 days since last response, so I'm eagerly waiting and having a bit of doubt.

I believe he is probably busy and I don't think a deal for 10 euro is the highest priority.
The good news though, is that I have is name (username seems to be his real name) and where he lives, so I will try my best.

Right now it's just a waiting game. I'll update when something happens. Cheers!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Good luck with it.

Anyway:

I didn't get it, did he/she sent to you screenshoot from movie so you made sure it's actual from uncut version?
6/14
0/26

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, this would be an amazing find! I'm not very optimistic about finding anything, but one has to believe sometimes. Hope he comes through and that there is some serious magic on that tape ;)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
The tape is from the early '90s? Hmm, doesn't sound too likely that there'd be anything on it unfortunately. We've been through this same thing so many times but once again I hope things turn out differently and that there are actually deleted scenes in the tape.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wouldn't get too excited over this as it's a long shot. But then again the script was found just earlier this year so I suppose anything can happen at this point.

Fingers crossed something comes out of this!

RubberDucky

• A Mo Fan Too
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean on Wordpress
I too am crossing my fingers and hoping this is real!
Pinkie Pie is best pony, yep yep yep! :duckyhappy My favorite LBT sequel is LBT V. :chompysmile
My thelandbeforetime.org username is Ducky. :Mo

LostInTime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The bad news is that the finish seller hasn't said anything more yet. I suspect he might be a scammer.

The good news is that another seller contacted me today.

He also says he "knows the scenes" I'm talking about is in his VHS, and now I just hope he will send it.
He says it might be here tomorrow. He was originally thinking of sending it untracked, but I told him that I would pay him extra for tracked shipment.

Hopefully, it will turn up tomorrow. Finally a deal that goes through ;P
I'm sick atm but if I wasn't I think i'd feel nervous haha.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
as I understand, no single screenshot with missing scenes was shown? No single proof was sent, not counting some speeches?
Hmm, I would not buy anything without a solid proof.

Nevermind.
6/14
0/26

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I do agree with the above statement. You're going by the seller's word, but I guess if you really don't have a choice... so be it. Life's all about risks. Personally I'll be uncomfortable with anything online+money related.

Sending tracked is a good idea, and even then you have to understand that mailing always carries an inherent risk. There was this famous case last year where $10K worth of rare PAL games were lost in the mail and was only recovered after the story broke.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

LostInTime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I agree with both of the two latest replies. I handled this rashly. I should have demanded more proof before I went ahead, but I was caught in the moment of wanting and did not think about doing things correctly. I realize it's a big responsibility finding this sought after copy, and I was not prepared. It has lots of emotion and debate to it, and I should thread carefully.

I believe the LBT and the gang of five community deserves that this copy is retrieved in a proper way. I can't demand proof of a copy before buying it, when it's on the way.
But I have asked for more proof, something like a description of a scene. I've also given more information about what they have allegedly sold me.

I suppose I got caught up in the idea of owning the copy and the rarity of it, and did want it abit too much. I don't want to release it if people don't feel right about it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I hope for there to be missing scenes, but I won't be surprised if there isn't.

If there isn't, then I have a topic I want to put up.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Not to be a negative Nancy here, but I think you got taken for a ride.  Either that or its some real good coincidence that the package got lost in the mail.  Could happen, I've had it happen but the seller felt bad and I said it was only $10 and didn't come off as a person who wanted to scam me on ebay because I saw all the pics and everything beforehand and she had 100% feedback.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile