The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14 accidently confirmed in my interview

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
is thee a title for this new film? Usually we have a "no 14th film" discussion ruule, but if this is official then we will adjust accordingly.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like if it is true it may be in the production but not announced yet stage.  If I recall correctly most western animation do the voice work before the animation and japan does the animation before voice work.  So if it is true they could be either recording the voice work of the various voice actors, or working on the animation.  And from what I've seen of how we made this most voice work is done alone.  Though the voice actors do prefer having other voice actors in the recording booth with them.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
is thee a title for this new film? Usually we have a "no 14th film" discussion ruule, but if this is official then we will adjust accordingly.
I think in the past it often was the case that the planning of an LBT movie was announced before the title was published.
The rule was to keep LBT 14 discussions in the one thread pinned at the top of this section in order to prevent the spread of unfounded rumors.
I suggest that we limit ourselves to that thread while we don't have any more information (so most of what can be said about LBT 14 would be speculative) and start with more individual LBT 14 threads once we get more concrete material to discuss.
I think the information that there are plans can be seen as official with the statements in the interview and the reference on the other page (it is similar to the first bits of news we received in case of other LBT publications).

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The fact that Aria herself said this to me is confirmation enough for me.  Universal just hasn't said anything yet.  I wonder when they will.  I can totally see this being an out of the blue Christmas direct to DVD release with little to no good promotion/marketing.  I hope they take their time though and market it well.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, this is a welcome surprise. I hope that with animation taking more risks these days, that it'll be good. I also hope for kid actors like in the original. If anyone should return, though, it should be Jeff Bennett as Petrie and Raphael as Spike. Oh... oh, this means no more Kenneth Mars as Grandpa Longneck and no more John Ingle as Daddy Tops.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Although I admit this whole news comes because of a happy accident, I think we shouldn't allow the excitement to cloud our eyes, because even if she got that information, there is still no official news about it and who knows if something happens that may get the project cancelled as it has happened with other projects before.

But still, it is news that has surely gave new lights to this forum :DD .

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: thelonedinosaur27,Dec 1 2014 on  09:17 PM
The fact that Aria herself said this to me is confirmation enough for me.  Universal just hasn't said anything yet.  I wonder when they will.  I can totally see this being an out of the blue Christmas direct to DVD release with little to no good promotion/marketing.  I hope they take their time though and market it well.
Huh, doing a Beyonce with LBT? That would be cool! :smile

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Would anyone care to *see* as well as hear Aria in a webcam interview?

Earlier today, I found this. It's a *long* 1 hour and 20 minute video of Aria doing a webcam interview with 2 other people that took place earlier this year. You can actually watch her talk, answer their questions, and everything.

Here's a link to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2xFrcu6UE

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I knew about that interview already.  But mine focused more on LBT, not Adventures in Odyssey like that one.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
My face when I saw this:

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS! I don't know what else to say. I just hope it's not like LBT 13 again and bit more like the earlier sequels/original film. Well, I guess beggars can't be choosers. I'm just glad that we might be getting another film!

Now, excuse me while I proceed to do my happy dance.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion