The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Will LBT continue after JOTB?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think anyone has made a topic for this but is LBT going to keep going after JOTB?

A large part of me wants it to, to see where the writers go and if they can do better than in some of the past sequels. Oh, and hopefully more Marzgurl reviews! (She did say she'd review everything LBT universal gave if it was the last thing she did!  :lol )

On the other hand, the existence of this movie could serve simply to give the series the finale WOF failed to be.

But who knows? It's early, and considering the sequels are released a year apart, it'll probably be awhile before we hear.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It's a simple answer.  Universal doesn't care about LBT.  What they care about is making a profit.  They wouldn't have dug LBT out from the grave just to give it a good ending.  They did it because they thought they could make money off it.  If it makes a good enough profit (ROI), they'll try another one.  If it doesn't, it dies here and we probably won't ever see another LBT movie.  That's why it's VERY important that everyone here BUY a copy.  If you don't, they might not make another LBT movie, and that would be a sad day for sure.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Can you buy it on Itunes? I have an itunes card.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Lol well I hope so. I think though that the series is over, even though I don't want it to.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it deoends on sales. if it sells well there'll be a 15th film. if not, this will be it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If I buy it on Itunes, will it make a difference? Or do I have to buy it from the store?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, not sure. You'd have to go do the math, and see how much money would end up going to Universal. I know buying movies online, like on itunes, is usually cheaper, but there's less overhead, since no one has to pay for making the blueray disk and all the case/packaging/shipping, so more of that little bit you'd pay would go to Universal. Really don't know which option would end up getting them more.

But really, just buying the movie in the first place is great. Whichever option is easier for you, I guess.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jan 13 2016 on  07:14 PM
Hmm, not sure. You'd have to go do the math, and see how much money would end up going to Universal. I know buying movies online, like on itunes, is usually cheaper, but there's less overhead, since no one has to pay for making the blueray disk and all the case/packaging/shipping, so more of that little bit you'd pay would go to Universal. Really don't know which option would end up getting them more.

But really, just buying the movie in the first place is great. Whichever option is easier for you, I guess.
There's no way I'm purchasing it. My mom would have a fit and I'd prefer buying it online myself.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Why not? It's just twelve dollars, maybe less. It will probably be available for digital purchase somewhere as well.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not, I just can't. Won't buying it on itunes be enough??

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Like I was saying, any sale is gonna help the movie out. I'll probably just buy it online somewhere myself, or maybe go and buy it in some store I'm usually not in. I kinda don't wanna just buy it in the Wal-Mart I work at, as everyone there knows me. :p

Are you having similar family issues as Jared on here? He's been complaining a lot about living with his family still, and them being very controlling, and not wanting him to get into certain hobbies, or watch certain things that he likes, as they just see it as childish. I know me and a lot of other people here have been encouraging him to get his own apartment, and start living on his own. Don't know if that would be an option for you, but yeah.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Oh, I see. Yes, some people might not support certain hobbies. I don't live with my parents, but they always supported my ventures, even if they were childish. I'm very open about my hobbies and the things that I like on my social networks too.

When it comes to family, if they're not supportive of you, just move out if you can and start a new life on your own. As for other people, just ignore them. If someone doesn't like you because of your hobbies they're not worthy of your friendship.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
No matter how or where you buy it from, you're supporting Universal.  Myself?  I'm probably going to buy it directly from Universal so that all the money goes directly to them.  Either that or I'll just see it on DVD or something and buy it.  I don't use iTunes.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 12 2016 on  06:07 PM
It's a simple answer.  Universal doesn't care about LBT.  What they care about is making a profit.  They wouldn't have dug LBT out from the grave just to give it a good ending.  They did it because they thought they could make money off it.  If it makes a good enough profit (ROI), they'll try another one.  If it doesn't, it dies here and we probably won't ever see another LBT movie.  That's why it's VERY important that everyone here BUY a copy.  If you don't, they might not make another LBT movie, and that would be a sad day for sure.
Took the words right out of my mouth lol.
8 years with TGOF :yum

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 14 2016 on  05:34 PM
No matter how or where you buy it from, you're supporting Universal.  Myself?  I'm probably going to buy it directly from Universal so that all the money goes directly to them.  Either that or I'll just see it on DVD or something and buy it.  I don't use iTunes.
Right.

I will be purchasing it on DVD, I'm almost 15 and am surrounded by this generation of mobile movies but I love DVDs lol. It honestly doesn't matter how you buy it, the majority of the world will get it off iTunes & Amazon, they know that. I think the future of another sequel will be 1. How much money they made 2. How many people bought it. So if there is a number of people who bought the movie online, they could consider another; but then again money money money. :(petrie

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Jan 15 2016 on  03:48 PM
I will be purchasing it on DVD, I'm almost 15 and am surrounded by this generation of mobile movies but I love DVDs lol.
That's great. Most people these days, even of slightly older generations than yours just don't care about owning a physical object like a DVD, CD or Book because they can get it digitally, quite often for free.

Still, I like to have my own personal collection of DVDs, Blurays, CDs, LPs and Books. There's something special to them and they look great in my room and around the house :p

I believe that these days studios expect digital sales to overturn the physical format. But either way you buy it, as long as you own a copy instead of just ripping it off the internet for free it will do well to resurrect our beloved franchise.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Seeing as there is no sign of a DVD release here in the UK, it looks like I'm going to have to buy the digital version of the film anyway, because I want to see it as soon as possible. I don't think it matters which version you buy, but by the looks of the JOTB page on uphe.com there are more digital retailers than DVD ones (which is, of course, limited to just Wal-mart at the moment). I would like to own the physical copy whenever it comes out here, though. I just prefer them for some reason.

As for whether the series will continue, I saw a comment from Alex Popp (from the YouTube channel 'The LBT Squad') on the video where he interviewed Aria Curzon, which said that he spoke to her after he interviewed her and she said that she had heard of no plans for a 15th film yet, although she hopes for there to be on in the future. So, it looks like the future of the series depends on how this one does.  :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Jan 15 2016 on  10:49 AM
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Jan 15 2016 on  03:48 PM
I will be purchasing it on DVD, I'm almost 15 and am surrounded by this generation of mobile movies but I love DVDs lol.
That's great. Most people these days, even of slightly older generations than yours just don't care about owning a physical object like a DVD, CD or Book because they can get it digitally, quite often for free.

Still, I like to have my own personal collection of DVDs, Blurays, CDs, LPs and Books. There's something special to them and they look great in my room and around the house :p

I believe that these days studios expect digital sales to overturn the physical format. But either way you buy it, as long as you own a copy instead of just ripping it off the internet for free it will do well to resurrect our beloved franchise.
I agree with everything you said lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 15 2016 on  04:55 PM
Seeing as there is no sign of a DVD release here in the UK, it looks like I'm going to have to buy the digital version of the film anyway, because I want to see it as soon as possible. I don't think it matters which version you buy, but by the looks of the JOTB page on uphe.com there are more digital retailers than DVD ones (which is, of course, limited to just Wal-mart at the moment). I would like to own the physical copy whenever it comes out here, though. I just prefer them for some reason.

As for whether the series will continue, I saw a comment from Alex Popp (from the YouTube channel 'The LBT Squad') on the video where he interviewed Aria Curzon, which said that he spoke to her after he interviewed her and she said that she had heard of no plans for a 15th film yet, although she hopes for there to be on in the future. So, it looks like the future of the series depends on how this one does.  :yes
Yikes. Not a good sign if the cast members haven't heard anything. Guess we have to make sure we buy JOTB!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will do so online as it's the only way I can get it asap! The likelihood for the movie being in german shops is rather... small :p I want a physical copy though!
Inactive, probably forever.