The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell Your Story About LBT

Petrie. · 172 · 43978

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@Sharpely Oh my gosh, the way you describe receiving your GoF plushies is almost EXACTLY the way I got mine as a kid! I think I was even the same age! But it happened on my birthday, and I wouldn't get ahold of a Chomper until years later (I would've been SO JEALOUS of your Chomper back then). :lol For years, my LBT plushies were my best friends who I took on all kinds of adventures as well. :D Do you still have yours around?

Coincidentally, I also was 7/8 when I thought I was outgrowing LBT...and yeah, that would definitely prove not to be the case. :p

Sharpely

• Scary and strangerous :D
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Hard thing to fly...GRRRRRRRRRGGHHH!!!
    • View Profile
@Sharpely Oh my gosh, the way you describe receiving your GoF plushies is almost EXACTLY the way I got mine as a kid! I think I was even the same age! But it happened on my birthday, and I wouldn't get ahold of a Chomper until years later (I would've been SO JEALOUS of your Chomper back then). :lol For years, my LBT plushies were my best friends who I took on all kinds of adventures as well. :D Do you still have yours around?

Coincidentally, I also was 7/8 when I thought I was outgrowing LBT...and yeah, that would definitely prove not to be the case. :p

That's so awesome!!! Unfortunately my LBT stuffed animals are no longer with me, since I lost/forgot about most of my childhood toys around the same time my parents split. I troll eBay on the rare occasion hoping some of them might be there, but so far no such luck. And they're pretty expensive to boot!  :opetrie
Yup, I might've been trying to get away from "kid stuff" at that age, but I, too, harbored a secret affection for those movies. When I had more little siblings who were in its age demographic, I'd get secretly excited when my mom put those films on for them  :petrieLOL
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 10:20:05 PM by Sharpely »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

That's so awesome!!! Unfortunately my LBT stuffed animals are no longer with me, since I lost/forgot about most of my childhood toys around the same time my parents split. I troll eBay on the rare occasion hoping some of them might be there, but so far no such luck. And they're pretty expensive to boot!  :opetrie
Yup, I might've been trying to get away from kid stuff at that age, but I, too, harbored a secret affection for those movies. When I had more little siblings who were in its age demographic, I'd get secretly excited when my mom put those films on for them  :petrieLOL

Same, I would always hint reeeeeaaally hard for my brother to choose LBT when it was his turn to pick movies! :lol

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that you lost those toys. :( What brand were they? I didn't even know there were many Chomper plushies out there before the TV show came around.

Sharpely

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Yup, I might've been trying to get away from kid stuff at that age, but I, too, harbored a secret affection for those movies. When I had more little siblings who were in its age demographic, I'd get secretly excited when my mom put those films on for them  :petrieLOL

Same, I would always hint reeeeeaaally hard for my brother to choose LBT when it was his turn to pick movies! :lol

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that you lost those toys. :( What brand were they? I didn't even know there were many Chomper plushies out there before the TV show came around.

I think most of them were Equity? I dunno, I'm having a hard time doing a Google search for the specific ones. I definitely had the four pictured here in the same pose, just with cheaper fabric. What kind are yours?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:04:21 PM by Sharpely »

Sharpely

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Maybe they are listed here? https://lbtcollection.weebly.com/plushies.html :)

Hey yeah! A few of them are there  :^^spike Interesting how none of the ones I'm looking for seem to have an associated brand. Still, pretty cool list!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah that page still needs some work, but it can be tough finding out the brand. One day it will be more complete :P

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I had watched the oringial when I was around 4. I bought it on Blu-Ray 10 months ago.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 04:54:50 PM by LittleDas75 »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Today I sang the credit scene song, “If We Hold On Together.” It makes me weep because it has major relevance to my life and memories.

I love the lines, “Tell your story, faith, hope and glory.”

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

WinterFan

• I require darkness and sub-zero tempteratures
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Wish I knew how old I was when I first saw it.  It's a bit hard to tell the story of the first time when you don't remember it haha., But my story of LBT and my relationship to all these lovable characters started before I could even remember, which is kind of cool. But my strongest early LBT memory was bringing the VHS to school for movie night. I was a little worried my classmates would think it was childish or that they wouldn't like it because it was old. Anyway, turned out everyone loved it and a few of the parents really teared up because they had memories of seeing it when they were young. 

Anyway, it's still probably my favorite animated movie of all time. It got me into animation, something that I've wanted to pursue for the longest time. I loved all the sequels, I would think about Littlefoot and his friends all the time and make up my own adventures in my head , a few of them I still think could have really worked!

When I got older I sorta decided that I needed to hide it. Even though my family is the really supportive , I didn't even want them or my sisters to know how much this stupid dinosaur movie and all the sequels meant to me. That it was basically the source of all my creativity for the longest time. Of course, I had other such inspirations as well, Walking with Dinosaur and later Jurassic Park and the Wings of Fire books which more of the kids were into. But Land Before Time was my first really big obsession.

I would have probably gotten a Littlefoot plushy or something if I could but I never did. I don't even know if there are any good ones, I just remember it being one of those things I used to want.

I still get a weird warm fuzzy feeling thinking about the movies and the characters and basically I've stopped caring whether I'm too old to like them anymore. Life is just more fun with a little bit of LBT in it than without it!  :PAli

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
I had a pretty simple story myself. I saw some of the TV series episodes when I was just a hatchling, but I fully got into the movies in late 2012, I think. I obsessed for about a year. I was kind of on-and-off for a while after that, but I always came back to it and liked looking back on the movies and the TV series. And it was only recently that I finally decided to join you guys. Took me long enough :bestsharptooth
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Jeez IDK when I got into the series in the first place. I think it was because when I was young, I was really into dinosaurs so my parents got me I think the 4th movie first, then they would get me more and more over the years. then after I watched them up until 2010 I fell off it I did go back to the first movie here and there but It wasn't until 2020 when my mum mentioned to my cousin that her son should watch some of the movies. because her son is really into dinosaurs that I thought I should re-watch them. that is when I looked up reviews and found Jenny's tier list on the movies and mentioned the LBT squad which is where I stared watching him (PS please Alex make another review we need more review from you) and yea thats bout it.   
Still waiting for the bluth cut