The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Greetings from Fanfic World

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
Hello, I'm DaveTheAnalyzer. I'm a autistic fanfic writer with a interest in Digimon, Godzilla, Gamera, and, of course, The Land Before Time. I've heard about this forum before and occasionally perused it but this morning, I thought "What the heck" and decided to join.

The first film I can recall seeing in this series was the third one, The Time of Great Giving. At some point, this series became one of my great obsessions - I watched every entry our local VHS store got. I believe I wrote one of my first fanfics ever for this fandom, when my age was probably in the single digits, in a mickey mouse notepad long since lost to time. It involved a alien fox called Leader Fox with Strut's British voice who kidnapped Littlefoot's gang by turning into a werewolf and beating up their parents. He froze the gang into ice or crystal in his spaceship because Reasons and I can't remember what came next but it might have involved the gang becoming crystal Power Rangers. I never finished or posted it online but I have nostalgic memories of that first taste of fanfic.

I eventually moved on to other fandoms and interests, that The Land Before Time interest occasionally resurfacing. In the past few years, I've got fic ideas for the series and a quarter of the way through this year, I found time to marathon all 14 movies and 26 TV episodes (and catch up on the entries I never watched), and the love is back again. The rewatch as had awakened love for old and new characters alike, and a appreciation for others I didn't have when I was young (like Spike).

I already posted a fic on my ff.net account as my experimental entry into the fandom and already got plenty of one-shots and multichapters plotted and planned ahead. Just need to find time to write, edit, and post them since a lot of them are long and my new semester has started. This has also pushed aside my writings for other fandoms but I think that's because I'm on my third rewatch of the LBT series and that's keeping the passion going while I haven't seen Digimon or Gamera in a while and only sporadic viewings of Godzilla movies. Who knows though, the new Digimon series this fall might spark back that passion for that fandom again.

Anyway, I'm the type of fic writer who likes to alter between fluffy stuff, friendship and family, adventurous epics, and "Torment! TORMENT!!! (but with happy ending)." Also combinations of all the above. I do like to analyze the characters and fill in details about them, even go so far as to gell contradictory behavior from different entries. That can be a fun challenge. I might post here to talk about such analysis, movie and episode commentary, and fic chat, though not by much. I do want to concentrate on my story writing.

So hello again on this relaxing Sunday morning!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, a fanfiction writer? Awesome!  :DD

Welcome to the GoF, I hope you'll like it here, yep, yep, yep! ^^spike

Also, pretty cool to write such a detailed intro, few people do that :)
Inactive, probably forever.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Hello. It shall be interesting here.

I've been thinking up and writing stories for as long as I could remember, both original and fanfic. I think it's just part of who I am.

I tend to be quite verbose and I have a lot of free time today, so there's that. Though it can slow the pacing of my stories, and it sometimes means I would have a one shot that's, say, 60 pages.

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
Welcome to GOF. Hope you have an awesome time here. We are all friendly here and love new comers.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Hello, you two. Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't looked at topics in the other sub-forums yet but I probably will at some point to see what might interests me.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF! Enjoy your stay here!

So you're a fanfiction writer, eh? Cool!

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Welcome to GoF mate, hope you enjoy your time here.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :wave Please feel welcome to participate in any topics that strike your interest, and feel free to create topics of your own.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thank you for the greetings. I'll try to find time to post on this forum.

In the meantime, I didn't think I was going to get myself a icon but tonight I suddenly remembered a image macro I made and posted on Tumblr, and decided it would be my icon. I don't know if this will permanent or if I will wake up in the morning embarrassed about what I did on a whim. For now, though, I'm amused and like it.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh wow, I absolutely love that icon!  :smile Considering what happens in some fanfics saying "rainbowfaces did it" is actually not an inaccurate explanation sometimes.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi there, and welcome to the GOF :wave.

BTW, there's a lot of members here who are on the Spectrum, so you will have no problem sharing a lot in common with other members.  The GOF has helped me astronomically in learning how to interact with others and build friendships, as well as meet other people with an interest in LBT☺.  People on here are pretty friendly and there are many topics we discuss, LBT-related or not.  Our community is very welcoming, and having new members is great.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Allow me to extend a welcome to you. I hope you enjoy your time here. I am also enjoying your icon too!  :lol