The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What kind of villain would everyone like to see?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Personally, I'm very tired of the silly incompetent villains, or the brainless mouths on legs that they've turned the sharpteeth into. I used to watch a series called "Pirates of Dark Water" on Saturday morning as a little, which featured several on-screen deaths and had countless villains that were an actual threat (thus the on-screen deaths). But I was never seriously freaked out by it. I'm not saying that we should have the LBT villains rampage up a whole slaughter of victems, but having a halfway intelligent villain that can actually calculate a decent plan and can actually be a threat is not something that's beyond the child audience's ability to handle.

That's my input. How about you guys?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
What would motivate these villains?

EDIT: Well, to answer my own question, I suppose they could be motivated by revenge against an individual, or like Pterano or The Lion King's Scar, they could desire power.

I certainly do think the sharpteeth need more brains. They've shown great intelligence in LBT 5, probably no less than that of the leaf-eaters, so they deserve a lot more respect.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Or a predator who wishes to bust open a hole in the protective wall around the Great Valley, allowing him access to a whole mess of potential meals.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think it would be quite interesting to have someone where you don't see immediately that he or she is a villain. Somebody keeping up a good pretence of the decent citizen while secretly pursuing his or her vicious purposes. As for those purposes racism could be another motive for a villain (we know that there is racism in LBT since the first movie, but we never ever saw it in its most wicked and dangerous state.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Every time you suggest an idea, Malte, it becomes a bigger and bigger wonder why you're not writing the series. That's an excellent suggestion.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot  :)
Actually that kind of villain is the villain in the story I've been working with for too long a time already. I'm now on page 242 and I don't mean to give up on it, but sometimes I think that story has been stripped of some of its basis by sequels which were published after I started writing and which contradict the story. For somebody who is constantly insisting on a solid plausible plot that doesn't mess with things that have been told earlier it is kind of difficult to write a story which is going to contradict two sequels (so far).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
I my self would like to see a villain that was once an inhabitant of the great valley. or was once a good friend of the Gang. be nice to see a herbivore villain for a change. well thats my thought. let the bashin' begain.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know if that would work, because I can't see anyone who's become friends witht he gang turning on them.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 1 2006 on  05:49 PM
I don't know if that would work, because I can't see anyone who's become friends witht he gang turning on them.
Indeed, it is difficult to see someone who is a friend of the gang become a villian.  Something terrible would have to happen for that to be accomplished. (Like an accidential death taken the wrong way or something.)

Then again, there is Chomper.  I mean, he is a sharptooth after all. :)

I think he's the only one that's a friend of the gang that has a chance at becoming a villian.

I'm sure we could all imagine an epic battle between a grown up Littlefoot and Chomper duking it out. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure we could all imagine an epic battle between a grown up Littlefoot and Chomper duking it out.
I can't. While I'm very much in favor of a plot that doesn't beat the bush about Chomper's being a sharptooth this "epic battle between former friends" stuff sounds too much like ripping of from Star Wars too me.
Actually it would not be too difficult to have a friend (other than Chomper) of the Gang turn out to be a villain. All we need is somebody who needs the Gangs help for something (that something is probably the greatest difficulty) and is a good pretender. We had the basic concept in case of Pterano, but in his case it was clear from the beginning that he was a villain. We would need somebody with an unimpeachable (or at least unknown) history, somebody who is able to smile friendly, somebody who is good at pretending the nice, or weak guy, but in reality ruthlessly pursuits his or her goals.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
How would having former friends duking it out be ripping off "Star Wars". I don't remember anything like that happening in SW, and the "friends becoming enemies" thing has been done is many other movies and such.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, but this Littlefoot Chomper thing sounds a bit like Obiwan vs. Anakin.
There are some similarities. I am exaggerating I suppose, but the short time distance from Episode three and the fact that there are many Star Wars based LBT fanfictions out there may make me overcautious if it comes to this.
I love LBT, I love Star Wars, I don't love a mixture of both.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Obi-Wan and Anakin were Teacher and Learner, Littlefoot and Chomper have a less sound relationship, so I still don't see the connection. The animes "Gundam Seed" and "Gundam Seed: Desyiny" are no less recent than Episode 3, and feature friends turning on each other (unwillingly). In other words, there are other recent movies and TV shows that can be pointed out as an example of a similar plot if it is used in a LBT sequel.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
in  the rpg i started the main villian is a herbivore. he also has some sharpteeth friends.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I say that there should be a villain that can manipulate, deceive, and control. Personally, I want to see a villain that takes control of the entire gang except Spike, who saves the day.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
We need more cunning villains; the Redclaw thing is just getting really old really quick.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
More  intelligent  villains would be an improvement.  One can have intelligent villain in a work aimed even at the young age group these movies are aimed at and have it come off well if a good writer or group of good writers, who do not have the often not very smart nor creative higher ups messing with things, write it.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
We could have a rogue plant-eater, like a Therizinosaurus or something.