The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A sudden change of species 2.0?

rhombus · 261 · 39880

Poll

Which of these options do you favor?

Everyone coincidentally—probably because of the multiple screams—conjugate together at Chomper's sleeping spot (where Ruby has just noticed Chomper) and meet each other for the first time there. This is similar to the Seven Hunters meetup.
1 (16.7%)
A bunch of small initial meetups first (eg. Ducky with Petrie, etc) that will eventually result in every separate group of the gang coming together after the pairs/threes understand their scenario.
1 (16.7%)
Mother flyer is convinced of Petrie's transformation and this eventually leads her to helping to find the groups of changed children.
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 20, 2019, 01:55:47 PM

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am certainly open to either idea.  Sneak's idea of having Littlefoot understanding leaf-eater but not being able to speak well and needing translation would accomplish much the same objective as forcing him to learn the leaf-eater tongue once more. In either case I can see Chomper and Ruby acting as translator/speech therapist until everyone can again communicate in the leaf-eater language and, as some of them have turned, some instruction in sharptooth would also be a good idea probably.

I too look forward to the drama and unique aspect of helplessness this would cause in some of the members. This will add to the fun of this roleplay I am sure.  :smile

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@Ducky123 @vonboy @Sneak @DarkWolf91 @jassy @OwlsCantRead @Littlefoot505

Alright, everyone, it looks like things have been settled. That now means that it is time to begin selecting characters.  :DD  Though I think this RP will mainly follow the gang and Guido, I have no doubts that they will meet OCs along the way.  If you have ideas of OCs that they might meet later on in the RP then feel free to let me know and I can add them to the list.  With that in mine, here is the basic plot as of right now:

Due to the coming of the Time of Great Growing (the gangs are now the equivalent of preteens) the gang begins to grow apart.  Cera begins to once more take on the antics of an arrogant threehorn as she struggles to maintain status in a herd based upon dominance; Littlefoot begins to focus on his duties as a future potential herd leader and considers joining with Bron’s herd; Ducky and Petrie begin to grow apart as Petrie begins to take on the solitary mannerisms of a flyer male and Ducky, being a swimmer, remains of a more family-oriented mindset; and Ruby and Chomper out of necessity begin to plan for their eventual departure from the valley.  Chomper’s eventual departure and need to become a ‘true sharptooth’ obviously creates some misgivings between the purple sharptooth and the longneck.  This eventually culminates in a fight which is hinted at not being an isolated incident.

The night of the latest fight they are all greeted by a weird sleep story that hints at something significant.  A ghostly voice tells them some variant of “The broken band has been broken by pride, now it shall be united by being broken.  Go forth to this broken land… and protect the land you love.” they then wake up thinking that the sleep story is nonsense.  That is until they look at their respective bodies…

I think the gang will be discovered in the morning upon waking, but the valley will not chase them as in the previous roleplays as many of them are still leaf-eaters and can explain things before it gets too ugly.  I think the ‘valley knowing’ possibility would allow for some interesting interactions before they go forth on their quest.  I do not think that their parents will stop such a quest as the freaked out valley would want them gone anyway out of fear that the ‘curse’ or ‘sickness’ might spread.  This would also allow Guido (and perhaps a few others) to go with them as the new flyers will need training.

Though they have no guarantees that they will return to their original forms they all have a feeling that once the quest is completed that they can return to what they once were.  Dreams, much like the original one, call to them to go to a particular place.  All of them hope that they can return to as they once were.

It will be a journey to restore the friendship that was forged once long ago.
Littlefoot becomes a T Rex
Chomper becomes a longneck
Ducky becomes a flyer
Petrie becomes a swimmer
Spike becomes a fastrunner or bellydragger (whomever picks Spike will choose upon picking him)
Cera becomes a microraptor (a glider like Guido)
Ruby becomes a threehorn or domehead (whomever picks Ruby will choose upon picking her)

And here are the characters that need to be reserved by willing roleplayers.  I think that an RPer should be limited to one "gang" role, but that they may take on additional minor characters.  I will add people to this list as they declare the characters they wish to reserve.  :yes

Characters with a lot of RP time
Littlefoot - Littlefoot505
Chomper - vonboy
Ducky - Ducky123
Petrie - Sovereign
Spike -OwlsCantRead (he chooses bellydragger)
Cera - DarkWolf91
Ruby - rhombus (I choose threehorn)
Guido - jassy

Minor characters
Grandpa Longneck - DarkWolf91
Grandma Longneck - jassy
Topps - OwlsCantRead
Tria - vonboy
Mama Swimmer - Sovereign
Mama Flyer - rhombus

Possible additional minor characters
Shorty
Bron
Ali
Rhett
Chomper's Father - rhombus (if needed)
Chomper's Mother
Ruby's Father - rhombus (if needed)
Ruby's Mother

OCs to be found on the journey later (not to be in the RP until after the gang leaves the valley)
To be determined (let me know in the discussion topic)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:51:50 PM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll just take Chomper for now. Not sure what miner character(s) I'd wanna play yet.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
I’ll take Guido! :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Ooooh man, this is a hard choice! I'm going to wait to see who everyone else wants to play before I pick... though I'll probably just go for Cera again  :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would like to express my continued interest in joining this roleplay, however I cannot guarantee yet that I'll participate due to circumstances. If things work out (I'll be able to tell in early november I suppose) I would like to play as either Ducky or Petrie. If someone specifically wants to play one of these two, you may take them but leave the other reserved for me unless I say otherwise.
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Since the very start I just knew I wouldn't handle with main characters of gang of seven, and children's guardians are also not preferred. So I would like to be some character that appears much later and plays some role in gang's journey... Maybe even not predator/antagonist. hmm... will think about that.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Hmmmmm, this is really tricky for me. :sducky I came really late into this thread due to timezones and almost everyone's beaten me to it. :P

I think I'll go for Spike. :^^spike Personally, I couldn't decide between the bellydragger and fastrunner ideas (both sides come up with amazing points), so I threw a coin to call it.

...looks like bellydragger Spike is going to demolish a body of water really soon. :P
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks like most are spoken for! I'll go ahead and take Cera, then :D

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think I've spent enough time hesitating so count me in! :D I'd like to take Petrie if that's okay.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Since the very start I just knew I wouldn't handle with main characters of gang of seven, and children's guardians are also not preferred. So I would like to be some character that appears much later and plays some role in gang's journey... Maybe even not predator/antagonist. hmm... will think about that.
You could always play some random leafeater that ends up as dinner for Littlefoot and Spike.   :)littlefoot :^^spike
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:38:21 PM by vonboy »
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We still have Littlefoot open... perhaps @Littlefoot505 might want to take him?  :p

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
You could always play some random leafeater that ends up as dinner for Littlefoot and Spike.   :)littlefoot :^^spike

hmm, since Spike is 5 years younger than flathead, onehorn girl (hey, will we give Cera her two missing horns in story? XD) and  smiley swimmer, should he have such food problems? though I dunno if bellydraggers can eat crawlers very good.

Hey, I don't mind to have SPIKE as dinner! ^^
6/14
0/26

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Excellent!  We have the main gang established as of right now.  Now we just need some takers for some of the minor roles.  These roles will probably not get much RP time.  Additionally we need to perhaps have some OCs for when the gang go into the Mysterious Beyond.  Does anyone have some OCs ideas that they might want to play going forward?

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
I can definitely come up with some sharpteeth characters that the gang might meet along the way (whether that’s a good or bad thing we’ll just have to see :P) Of course I’ll need to flesh ‘em out first, but I’d most certainly be game to play some OCs! :DD

Also, I just realized I never actually typed it out in my reply, I’d like to play Grandma Longneck too  :smile
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:48:43 PM by jassy »
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind playing Grandpa Longneck! And I could probably come up with a few friendly or ambiguous OCs, though it might help if we collaboratively come up with a loose plan for the kind of encounter we'd want them to have first :smile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I can't think of any OCs off the top of my head, but I'll gladly be willing to take any idea that piques my interest later down the road.

As for minor characters, I think I might try going for Topps. Would be interesting to try to play someone who's quite the opposite of my usual personality.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
  Does anyone have some OCs ideas that they might want to play going forward?

Sucky? :sducky :bolt

EDIT: Oh, and this means I'm taking Ducky then, alright!
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
can I ask: will our roleplay be blind - will we discuss events and write plot beyond moment when gang leaves valley and go to Mysterious Beyond long before these events start? Or we will define future major plot elements and twists even before roleplay starts?

I am thinking about "creating" my OC here. But as I told earlier, since it will appear much later and possibly play some role in gang's adventure.
6/14
0/26