The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Odd Facts of the LBT World

Kor · 47 · 6119

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought of doing this topic, a sorta non serious one. It's basically what if the various animation and other mistakes in the movies and maybe tv series are true and not mistakes.  

Like we know from the 4th movie Ali can travel long distances very quickly and apparently take some others with her.  

and the 10th movie that Shorty is immune to damage from being stepped on, even by something as large as a full grown T-rex.  

as seen in the 11th movie Skitter seems mainly undamaged by something falling on him.

As seen in The Starday Celebration episode at least some sweet bubble vines can regrow the sweetbubbles a few seconds after the sweet bubbles on them are eaten.

and as seen in The Great Log Running Game song So Mad there are some yellowish treesweets that will vanish if a domehead is not near them.  

:lol

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
xD :lol You know, I thought of a couple of those myself, Kor.. ;) Mainly about the sweet bubbles thing, and after looking at a Caption This thread, the Shorty super-armor thing... :p And I finally got the gist of the Ali "fast travel" thing... :p The sky should have been dark by the time she made it back, shouldn't it have? :p ...LOL! xD :lol
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
and it should have taken more then a few minutes for her to get to the Great Valley get the rest of the gang, and more then 6 minutes or so to get back to the cave in.   & the night flowers should have been wilted by the time they arrived.

And as seen in the first movie Ducky can stretch our her neck and to an extent her tail, though her tail is harder to do and she can only do it a few seconds.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Or how about the bubbling mud in LBT 6?
Not only can Ducky, Cera, Dinah, and Dana stand on those bubbles without making them pop, but being enclosed in the bubble apparently enabled Cera to "fly" :lol

The tsunami in LBT 5 was rolling from the coast towards the open sea which is a "rather unusual" thing for any kind of wave to do.

I don't really know if this one fits into this section, but did you realize how inconsistent Ducky and Spike are when it comes to acrophobia? I name just the most significant examples, but there are more throughout the whole series. In LBT 2 and 5 Spike is walking across logs lying across deep chasms with an almost dreamlike sureness (he actually walks with his eyes closed in LBT 5. In LBT 2 he doesn't hesitate to leap across the chasm during the pursuit of the eggeaters. However in LBT 6 he is extremely fearful of leaping across the rocky pillars. In the same movie Ducky has no problem at all to leap across the rocky pillars (she is the one to have the idea and the first one to leap) but she is terrified at the (much less scary) task of walking across the log lying across that ravine later on.

Another thing which may or may not fit into this section are some cases of coloring. I suppose the turning red of everything in case of danger (whether we like it or not) is something that can easily be interpreted as a mere effect that has not too much to do with the real colors. However, why is it that since LBT 8 (and to an extreme extend in LBT 13) we got to see deep green skies again and again? Or green lava in LBT 7? What to make of that? A greet percentage of oxidizing copper in the air and the lava or what? :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I either forgot or didn't notice.   I do wonder what was up with that.  Those bubbling mud bubbles must be pretty strong.  :lol

Maybe Ducky has 2 personalities that are almost identical, except for a few differences, maybe Spike is the same.    :lol

I'm not sure what the green skies and lava mean, maybe it's like you suggested.   :lol

The coloring everything red could be as you said a sign of danger, or it could mean a lot of iron is being oxidized.   :lol

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
OMG, you guys are too much! :lol Seriously though, such things do keep me guessing! :P:
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
These are good so far, y'all :lol!

I've also noticed Ducky can pelt others with snowballs by using just one arm and can toss a vine out quite far with one arm, yet seems to need both arms to throw rocks about the size of pebbles :blink:.  

Another thing I noticed in LBT XI is Ducky can run really fast from fastbiters.  Fast pair of little legs she's got there, eh :p?

How is it that in LBT V Cera got stuck in the log but Spike did not :blink:?  She's smaller than him, after all.

Maybe Ducky has 2 personalities that are almost identical, except for a few differences

She is shown to have a double-sided personality just like all other mortal beings.  Perhaps being acrophobic is part of her dark side :p.

I'll think of more as time goes by :lol:.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How is it that in LBT V Cera got stuck in the log but Spike did not blink.gif? She's smaller than him, after all.
LBT VI gives another scene about this. Littlefoot (whose body I think is a bit more massive than Cera's) does not have the slightest problem to climb out of the log after it is hurled across the ravine. Cera however almost gets stuck, and Spike is the one to really get stuck.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"ll have to keep the lookout for those next time I watch lbt.  It does seem odd that a smaller character gets stuck and a larger one does not.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:lol
I saw LBT 6 today, and I noticed "some" of those parts.
Especially the bubbles detail.
Pretty funny when Petrie busts the bubble where Cera is and she falls.

Are you up for a diving? :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Now THAT one could be used for the "Caption This" section :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Funny scene and it looks like it could be indeed.  

It looks like maybe at least 1 Quetzalcoatlus can shrink his passengers a bit so they fit, increase his own size, and is able to carry quite a bit of weight.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Also, binoculars have been invented already. See the VHS cover of LBT IV.

And in "How do You Know?" Cera shows that she's able to wiggle her ears.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Sep 20 2008 on  12:18 PM
And in "How do You Know?" Cera shows that she's able to wiggle her ears.
That is a cute scene, but it goes against the fact that dinosaurs only had holes for ears :blink:.

What also gets me is how Mr. Threehorn could not move the boulder by himself in "The Great Logrunning Game" ep without the help of Littlefoot and Spike :huh:.

Sharptooh #436

• Ruby
    • View Profile
In LBT V, look very carefully at a moment of the scene where Chomper's Dad is biting the foreign sharptooth. The other sharptooth's head is a strange colour, and Chomper's dad's jaws seem to be twisted at an impossible angle.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"ll have to remember to look at that the next time I watch lbt 5.   I guess that is either an animation mistake, or the foreign sharptooth can change his color, and Chomper's father may have the power to  have an extra flexible jaw.

Shinji-Lee

• Chomper
    • View Profile
something you might have noticed: littlefoot uses the term >Gee<, not often but often enough to be kind of a signature phrase.
this >Gee<, i think, is derived from >Geez<, (help me, native speakers) which is short for >Jesus<, someone once told me. and well...i mean...what the heck? i don't know, what to say about it. it is obviously impossible for littlefoot to know of the son of god. is it?

any ideas about it?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I doubt it is meant in that context.  Most folks likely do not know the word geez means that and use gee and geez as declarations of surprise.  Similar to using gosh, or the fawcet Captain Marvel using Holy Molly,  The pre-crises Parry White using Great Caesar's Ghost (the 90's live action series using Great Shades of Elvis)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
But Shinji-Lee is still correct. Assuming the dinosaurs' language has evolved in a way similar to ours, they must either have had a similar famous figure who had a similar name to Jesus, or it must have come from somewhere else.

On an entirely unrelated note, Elsie has the ability to retract her head-fin for less than a sixteenth of a second (it was missing for a single frame).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is likely a case of the writers putting in expressions and not doing research to find out what they mean.   Likely one of the script writers liked the word gee, and geez.  Maybe they used it a lot themselves and / or had a relative or friend who used it and did not know what it meant.  

There has been no hints, so far, of any christ like figure in lbt as far as I know.   I guess if some want to they could say that there was a christ like figure far far away, maybe many thousands of miles away, and the expression gee and geez made it to the area where lbt happens but the religion did not for some reason.