The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anyone know a vid making program?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have run into a little problem and my usual video making program won't be working for a bit, so I need something temporary until I can get it working again.

Now, I will point out that my earlier experience with Windows Movie Maker has come to make me despise it SO much that I plan to NEVER use it again in my life.

So, anyone know of a temporary solution for me until I can get the problem fixed?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 3 2008 on  10:02 AM
Here's a list of video editting programs you could look into.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software
Cool! -click-

imovie is on there too! :D The only thing I don't like about it is that, mac is basically partnered with youtube, so it's hard to try to post vids on other video sites like Veoh :p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
iMovie eh? I personally use Sony Vegas. Really good video editting software, in my opinion.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, quite a list there.  Let me point out that I'm looking for something that's as free as possible.  I'm not looking to spend money if it's going to be temporary.

Also, it needs to be compatible with my Windows XP SP3.

So, with that in mind, what would you recommend?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The only true freebie I know of besides Movie Maker is VirtualDub but I could never get it to work with anything because everything is always corrupted upon import.  So apparently I can't make a mpeg 2 file that the program likes. :rolleyes:  You might have to do a trial program, because at least with video editors, they're never free AND good.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 4 2008 on  04:50 AM
The only true freebie I know of besides Movie Maker is VirtualDub but I could never get it to work with anything because everything is always corrupted upon import.  So apparently I can't make a mpeg 2 file that the program likes. :rolleyes:  You might have to do a trial program, because at least with video editors, they're never free AND good.
Hmm, good call.

Anyone know a good trail version vid maker?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure what is compatible for sure with XP Service Pack 3. But for a trial, perhaps you could try either Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere (although there might be others that offer a free trial).

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks like an anonymous person tipped me off to a nice free program.  After seeing a vid made by the same program, I am quite impressed.  So much in-fact that if it wasn't for the VHS converter that came with my original video editing program, I'd sell my original video editing CD on eBay.

I'll say no more on it.  The person wishes to remain anonymous and I shall not say anything else from here. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't see why it is you can't share what you've found.  Perhaps someone here has used it before.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 4 2008 on  01:02 PM
I don't see why it is you can't share what you've found.  Perhaps someone here has used it before.
By not saying anything further, I am simply respecting the wishes of the individual who tipped me off.  The person wished for all information to remain anonymous, and I am doing just that.

If you have a problem with that, well it's too bad!  My lips are sealed. :)