The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, this was just announced.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHSlHhh1gk[/youtube]

Loved the first.  Let's see how good the second is.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
It looks as funny as the original.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was going to mention this myself, but it looks like someone already did so. ::)

Anyway, this is quite an interesting concept they're going with. I guess they weren't kidding when they said this movie would have a post-apocalyptic setting. And since the ending of the first movie showed us what's really going on with this world of Lego, I think I can already figure out some of the things that are really going on this time, but I'll keep those thoughts to myself until after I actually see this movie. Eight months may be quite a while to wait, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this. :yes

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A second trailer came out just a few days ago, introducing us to new characters and locations.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksYkEzUa7k[/youtube]

This just makes me even more excited to eventually see this movie. Just less than three months left to go.

- Berix

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Looks as entertaining as the first. I also love the send-up to Pratt's character from "Jurassic World."
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'll likely see it when it comes out. seems to have a lot of the humor as the first one, which is good.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just here to mention that this movie is now out in theaters. My family and I are planning to see it next Saturday, so I'll post my thoughts on this movie after I've seen it.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that I've got a little time to spare, I can say that after seeing this movie this past weekend, I enjoyed it just as much as the first one. There were a lot more songs in this one, by far the most catchiest one being the appropriately titled "Catchy Song" (trust me, you'll know it when you hear it). But the aspects about this movie I loved the most involves content that I have to put under a spoiler tag, so please don't read any further if you haven't seen this movie yet (seriously, I was really blown away when the truth of everything was revealed, and I'm not just talking about the "real world" portions).

Spoiler: ShowHide
The people of the girl-themed Sistar System turn out to not be evil at all; they just simply tried too hard to establish friendly relations with the people of Apocalypsburg due to a poor understanding of each other's behaviors. The real villain turns out to be Rex Dangervest, who manipulates Emmet into destroying the Sistar System, which also ends up destroying all the Lego worlds in the event known as "Ourmomageddon" (in the real world, Finn and his sister Bianca have fought so much that their mom makes them put away all of their Lego models). And during this incident, Wyldstyle/Lucy ends up becoming briefly aware of the real world like Emmet did in the first movie.

But by far the most shocking twist of all was the true identity of Rex Dangervest: he's actually Emmet from the future, all tough and "grown-up" like all his friends had wanted him to be. He became that way because when he originally set out to save his friends, he ended up lost under the dryer and no one ever tried to find him, so after being isolated for so long, he adopted his tougher persona and built his spaceship out of various time machines to gather his raptor forces and then seek revenge against the friends he thought had abandoned him. (In hindsight, the clues for this twist should have been very obvious in some of Rex's physical details, but I had originally assumed it was all part of the gag of them having the same voice actor.) And of course, after the final battle to restore the Lego worlds and Emmet declares he will never become like Rex, Rex simply fades away like in Back to the Future (though he has enough time to appreciate Emmet making a better choice than he did).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:49:13 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know how I feel about this one. I liked it, overall, but I didn't like it as much as the first one, though I will admit there were a lot of parts I absolutely loved, especially the twist Chronicler talked about in his post.