The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Appreciated Member 2017

rhombus · 17 · 3400

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We have finally come to the final award of this voting season - the Appreciated Member Award. Any member who received at least one vote in the awards but didn't win an award is eligible for this award; provided that they have cast enough votes in the main awards to be eligible. The awards will be be open for 2 weeks starting tonight, and will end on the 25th. After voting ends, we will announce the final list of winners and runners up, assuming we don't have a tie.

To cast your vote for this category please post your votes in this topic.

The three eligible members for the appreciated member award this year are VONBOY, HYPNOBRAI, and FYN16. An updated vote tally will be kept below.

Fyn16 - 4

vonboy - 1

Hypnobrai - 3

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While both of the candidates would deserve this award, my vote goes to Fyn16. His instrumental role in bringing the Fanfiction contest to life is a major achievement but that's only one of his merits. In addition to that, his active and constructive contributions to the beginning roleplay, thoughtful and well-composed posts in the After Midnight section as well as his overall contributions to the GoF earn him my vote.  :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I vote vonboy. His posts are constructive and friendly and I see him in all sorts of different parts of the forum, always with a chipper attitude and a helpful demeanor.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
there are 3 eligible folks this year, hynobrai is also eligible
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My vote goes to Hypnobrai. Since I've been back I feel like he has been one of the biggest contributors to any form of LBT discussion on the forum, either by digging old ones up or starting new ones. The kinda sorta maybe official LBT channel on Youtube was also a pretty nice find to add to it as well.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, a three-way tie? Looks like my vote will have to break that...

My vote here will go to Fyn16, mostly because he worked alongside Rhombus for the fanfiction prompt challenges that resulted in far more fanfictions being written than we've seen in recent years. I've already voted Rhombus for the Proactive award for this effort, and Fyn deserves just as much credit, so that's why my vote for Appreciated Member will go to him.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I think I'm going to have to vote for Fyn16 as well. It's a tough decision between the three, but Fyn has done a lot of work with Rhombus organizing things to enrich the GoF community. My vote goes to him this year :smile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is indeed a tough choice as all of the candidates have made excellent contributions to the forum.  However, due to his tireless efforts with the fanfiction prompt challenge, his excellent contributions to the fandom in fanfictions, and his friendly interactions with other forum members my vote has to go for Fyn16.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 24 2017 on  01:15 PM
I'm voting for Fyn16 as well
Oh yeah, just so you know, you have to state your reasoning as to why he gets your vote, in at least a sentence or two :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 24 2017 on  01:52 PM
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 24 2017 on  01:15 PM
Oh yeah, just so you know, you have to state your reasoning as to why he gets your vote, in at least a sentence or two :)
He is a nice member to be around with when posting. Thats my reasoning.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 24 2017 on  11:15 AM
I'm sorry, Longneck3050, but you do not meet the eligibility requirements in order to vote in the awards.  The requirements can be found here. And are as follows:

These candidates have been granted participation on clearing of the following conditions:

A. Have a post count of at least 100 posts
B. Have been active on the GOF within the past 2 months as of as of 7/19/2017
C. Have been a member of the GOF for at least 2 months as of as of 7/19/2017
D. Are not under posting restrictions.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Sep 24 2017 on  05:37 PM
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 24 2017 on  11:15 AM
I'm sorry, Longneck3050, but you do not meet the eligibility requirements in order to vote in the awards.  The requirements can be found here. And are as follows:

These candidates have been granted participation on clearing of the following conditions:

A. Have a post count of at least 100 posts
B. Have been active on the GOF within the past 2 months as of as of 7/19/2017
C. Have been a member of the GOF for at least 2 months as of as of 7/19/2017
D. Are not under posting restrictions.
I'm sorry, Rhombus. Guess I missed looking at the rules. Do you forgive me?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 24 2017 on  07:44 PM
Do you forgive me?
It's gotta be LBT90321...
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 24 2017 on  06:12 PM
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 24 2017 on  07:44 PM
Do you forgive me?
It's gotta be LBT90321...
I'm not LBT90321. I've been telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I was asking Rhombus to forgive me for not following the rules for voting for Fyn16.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Suppose I might as well drop my vote in.

I'll vote for Hypnobrai. Fyn may have helped with the fanfiction challenge but Hypno has been reviving whole sections of the forum with his positive energy and dedication. Besides, he takes a lot of effort in keeping the LBT wiki clean and nice which, considering people like L&AT doing all sorts of mischief there, is a formidable task that I appreciate a lot despite not actually using the wiki much. :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm voting for HYPOBRAi for his efforts to keep the forum active, particularly, the fanfiction section.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: