The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So what attracted you to this movie originally?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, I believe my brother was the first one to own most of the video tapes of the films, and since he was 9 when I was born, he passed them down to me, as he wasn't that interested in them any more. I really enjoyed the first one, and from there my interest in dinosaurs grew. I couldn't stop watching The Land Before Time or it's sequels for most of my childhood. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dinosaurman

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I saw the movie when i was 5 or something. This movie arouse my interest in dinosaurs and I had a HUGE collection of dinosaur figures.

I believe that i watched this with my mother, it has been long since that so i cant remember so well.

My life would have been much different without this masterpiece of movie.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well honestly the 4th one was the first I ever saw,I got it for $1 at a video  rental store that was closing down.

I loved it,so my parents ordered the rest.

When I saw the 1st one,I was shocked at how dark it was compare the others. But it a way it owns the others.

It also answered my questions why Littlefoot had no Mother present. Why the swimmers had Spike etc.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The music also helped me become a fan of this series. They where pretty cool and good.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I know I’m posting in an old thread, but I started getting attracted to this film after getting interested in dinosaurs in History.  That’s when I watched Jurassic Park, which led me to watching this movie.

And thanks to researching dinosaurs, that’s when I started watching this movie! :smile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Well, I guess I loved and still love dinosaurs and cartoons very much. And film's story and characters were attractive as well.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
For me it was the simplicity of their world. No bills, no electricity or technology, no buildings or vehicles or clothing or nations or wars... just nature, fire, predators, natural disasters. Other animal-oriented franchises do that, but they're usually set during humantimes and that stuff still finds its way in somehow. It's nice to get away from all that and appreciate a setting where modern life hasn't yet evolved in any possible fashion.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Well, firstly, it was the fact that I had already seen LBT II and LBT III before watching this movie, so I knew that this movie would feature characters I was already familiar with. There was also the fact that I knew it would be the origin story of their friendship, so that was definitely a lure for me.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Well, firstly, it was the fact that I had already seen LBT II and LBT III before watching this movie, so I knew that this movie would feature characters I was already familiar with. There was also the fact that I knew it would be the origin story of their friendship, so that was definitely a lure for me.

Ohh, that is interesting. I never really thought of the first movie as being the 'origin story episode' before, since I simply watched the films in order, but that would definitely be a unique way to approach it if you'd already seen the sequels.

For me, it was a movie I could remember from my childhood, but I hadn't seen it in almost two decades. After I happened to see an online article discussing the film's 30th anniversary a few years ago, that's when I was inspired to rent it from my local library and then I fell in love with it all over again. And that's what brought me to this lovely community here. :)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

Ohh, that is interesting. I never really thought of the first movie as being the 'origin story episode' before, since I simply watched the films in order, but that would definitely be a unique way to approach it if you'd already seen the sequels.

For me, it was a movie I could remember from my childhood, but I hadn't seen it in almost two decades. After I happened to see an online article discussing the film's 30th anniversary a few years ago, that's when I was inspired to rent it from my local library and then I fell in love with it all over again. And that's what brought me to this lovely community here. :)
Sorry for the very, very, VERY late response. I just saw this.

The only reason why LBT II and III were first on my viewing list was because those were the only installments available at my local library at the time. Eventually, I spotted the original available on the library's catalog and checked it out immediately. It was all just a matter of coincidence and convenience.

Ah, the good ole days of public libraries and VHS cassette tapes...