The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GoF Singing Project reloaded?

Ducky123 · 89 · 17615

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Interesting choice....Adventuring is one of those speak-singing songs. Shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

And while I think this is a fun thing, I'm not interesting in rebooting my untrained voice. dino_tongue.gif
I had everyone vote on the songs so it's not really my choice :p Shouldn't be too hard to do indeed.

Don't worry, it's fine :) There are already more people participating than I expected! :yes

What's the problem with It Takes All Sorts? dino_tongue.gif
Well, the song itself is just lovely (in fact, it was my first vote! Voted right after I sent those PMs to everyone and only later realised how tricky it is...).
The problem with this song is the music writing. Following the orchestral background music would be a pain in the ass! I'd have to be creative as I can't always follow the background music like I can in "Adventuring" for example. This is a first for me, I've had some fun with MIDI files but never really put one together before so I'm quite relieved it's not an insanely hard song to start and learn with. :yes

I don't know how to read music, and singing isn't my best trait, so coun't me out. It would be fun to do something along the lines of those Christmas carols, where you get everybody in a studio to record it, too bad our community is too spread for such a thing.
Oh don't worry, like I replied to Petrie, there are already lots of people participating so it's not too bad not to have you in a song :) I would absolutely love to do what you suggest but I'm afraid 90% of us don't have the means to meet up somewhere to do this :p For me, the borders of my own country would be the limit...
Inactive, probably forever.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Following the orchestral background music would be a pain in the ass!
Yeah that basically sums it up nicely.  :lol  :lol

Good luck with Adventuring! Let me know if you'd like a copy of my Noteworthy Composer file that I wrote up for that song. :) If you'd rather just do your own thing with it, I totally get it!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think I even have that file somewhere... Malte sent me a lot of MIDI files back when he gave me the program, I think there's an "Adventuring" one among them...

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Excellent! Adventuring was a first choice for me, I'm excited that it was chosen :smile

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice! Adventuring's pretty cool, not my choice, but let's do it.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Though I'll probably wait it out until you guys get to doing songs that I am a bit more familiar with, such as Always There, It Takes All Sorts and No One Has To Be Alone.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sure, It Takes All Sorts will be the second song we sing so you could just skip Adventuring and join It Takes All Sorts once we're singing that one.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just a reminder: This project is not dead, its just about to really get started :yes I'll start working on the music soon. In the meantime, we could already plan some things, like
  • how many voices we need (knowing that could also help me when I write the music)
  • some recordings for testing so I have a rough idea what you can sing and what you can't (or if I have to go for a different key to make the song easier to sing for some of us)
  • suggestions how to split up the song between all the singers
  • other things I forgot to mention... :p

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I could send you my recording.
Ill try to record it in my break ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,

just to let you know... this project is not dead. I really underestimated the amount of time it takes to write the music (and the power of procrastination   :bang )

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good luck Ducky123!  :D Now there are two people here who know how insane you go from listening to the same few seconds of the same LBT song that many times in a row. :lol

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Apr 24 2016 on  04:57 PM
Hey everyone,

just to let you know... this project is not dead. I really underestimated the amount of time it takes to write the music (and the power of procrastination   :bang )
Thank God! I was looking forward for this!
8 years with TGOF :yum

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ducky123, I'm still happy to act as consultant for any technical stuff that comes up if you have any questions. I don't really have time to help with making the music or mixing but I'm more than willing to offer any advice I can.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know, Tim :) Luckily, I didn't encounter any bigger issues I couldn't figure out by myself yet. My biggest concern was how to change the instruments but I figured that out  :lol

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not too late, am I? Ah well, here's hoping this singing project gets off the ground.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do wonder who's still willing to get it rolling? I'm sure I can finally force myself to finish the song if I know people are still interested :yes

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can certainly sing and have been interested in participating in this since 2013, I believe.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sure I can finally force myself to finish the song if I know people are still interested
A little tougher than it looks, isn't it?  :p   ;)

Haha seriously though, good luck! I'd love to see you finish it!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, you might say that. :p I'll try my very best to make it possible  :angel

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
Can't really sing but I would love to see this project. Good luck.