The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Friends for Dinner

vonboy · 31 · 5097

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, very nice!  :wow  I really like the way you started with a random thing and soon more and more details are revealed. There's also the conversation with Brack who was apparently attacked by Shorty :o And of course Littlefoot's Mother... it's really sweet how Littlefoot interacts with her  :lol: But it's only a short visit in the valley of the dead. Chomper is waiting and not for dinner actually  :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, this was certainly an enlightening chapter.  Shorty has apparently supplanted the leader of his herd, and the former leader has paid the price.  Likewise, it seems that Ruby has already me her end...  :cry Well at least she is in a nicer place now.  But now Littlefoot has gone from paradise to his broken body... but now that he has tasted the afterlife will he be willing to persevere despite his injuries?

I look forward to see how this develops.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Littlefoot, it's me!"

He had no idea what was going on now. Just an instant before, he had been in paradise. In the Great Beyond, but now he was being forced out. Over him, there still loomed the same purple blur.

After a moment, this purple blur turned into a sharptooth! This caught the longneck off guard. Hy tried to get up to run away, acting purely out of instinct. He soon regretted that decision. Sharp pains shot throughout his broken body as it refused to get up. He yelled out in pain after the failed escape.

"Whoa, stop! Stop! Calm down! It's me!"

Littlefoot stopped moving. He had to rest there for a bit, as that sudden movement had made him light headed. His entire body was still throbbing.

"Littlefoot, You... remember me?

After awhile, the pain had finally dulled out enough for him to bring his head back up to take another look at the sharptooth, finally realizing who it was.

"Ch...Chomper?"

The sharptooth's face suddenly brightened up, a big smile stretched across his face, showing off a wall of sharpteeth.

"Yeah, it's Chomper, old friend!"

It was Chomper! His little friend from many years back, who had been forced away from him by a meeting he wasn't allowed to go to, or was even told was going on.

"I MUST still be in the Great Beyond. I thought I'd never see you again!"

a forced laugh emanated from the purple sharptooth. "You don't know how close you were to staying there for good!"

"So, I'm alive?"

He looked over to his right, to see two more sharpteeth. A female sharptooth, and a small male one, who was hiding behind it's mother's leg, staring at him, dumbfounded. The female looked dumbfounded, too.

"Oh, this is just my family, Littlefoot! My mate, Pearl, and my son, Rex."

"Well, nice to meet you two, I guess." "

He watched as his friend turned to his two family members, and started roaring and growling at them. They must have been talking to each other with that uniquely sharp tooth way of speaking, but he couldn't deny hearing all these roars and growls were making him uneasy. As they kept speaking, he got a little more used to it, and again noticed the other two sharpteeth's expressions.

"They look a little... spooked. Don't they?"

"They're just... surprised to see that you made it! I'm pretty surprised, myself!"

"I made it? Oh yeah. Still getting over that fact, heh! What... happened? Last thing I remember is.. getting attacked by some sharpteeth, then, I blacked out, I guess."

"Well, when I found you, You were passing out, with those other sharpteeth over you. I managed to get them away from you, then I had to drag you back here."

"Back here?"

"yeah, back to my nest! So I could nurse you back to health."

"So, I've been in this nest the whole time? How long?"

"Well, it's been a good several days that you've been out. I was really starting to get worried, there.

"Th... um... you're family's been eating, right?"

That was probably out of pace ,but he just couldn't shake the looks the sharpteeth semmed to give him.

"Yeah, We've been eating well. You don't have to worry about... that."

The longneck looked around his surroundings some more, this time taking a gander to the left, before fixing his eyes on a horrific sight. Another longneck, not far away from him. This one had probably been dead for awhile, as a lot of him was already... gone. One side of him had been torn into, and his entrails had been spread around the ground just in front of the downed creature, partially consumed. He jumped his head away quickly, trying to keep himself from hurling.

"I"m... sorry you had to see that."

Littlefoot looked back at his old friend, now looking very guilty.

"He... was he... you're dinner?"

"Yes, it.. well, he was. Wow, this is... awkward."

"I understand. I mean... you have to eat meat."

"He... I went out and killed him yesterday. I killed him... for you."

"For me!?"

"Yes. My mate had given me this ultimatum while you were here, healing. She told me I had to go out, and bring back a kill yesterday, to feed the family, or..."

"...Or, you would have eaten me?"

His friend's eyes watered up.

"...Yes."

"Br... Brack died... so I could live?" This shook the broken longneck to his very core. The very longneck he had seen enter the Great Beyond, He was entering the afterlife, so he himself could get a second chance. A second life.

He... didn't want to talk anymore after that. He closed himself out. What else could he do? Just moments before, he had been in paradise, before being kicked out, and thrust straight into... a graveyard. Literally. There wasn't just the carcase, left behind from his acquaintance in the Great Beyond, but several full on skeletons littered the area around him, with some more random bones littering the ground. How many dinosaurs now called ths their final resting place? All of their remains, seemingly left here as trophies. Trophies gotten from past hunts... his old friend's hunts. It was all too much for the poor longneck.

He couldn't get up and run away from this graveyard, either. His broken body wouldn't let him. He'd need a lot of time to heal from the attack. He was going to be stuck here for awhile, for better or for worse.

------------------------

The next day, he woke up to find a pile of leaves in front of him, left there by his friend. He laid there for awhile, contemplating if he even wanted it. He finally decided to eat his fill, still not saying a word. Having a little bit of his strength come back to him, he reluctantly decided to lift his head, and look around the nest again. The sight before him was surprising, to say the least.

Everything was gone! Brack, the skeletons, and the other bones were all missing!

"Um.. Morning, friend. I tried to... clean up around here all I could. I'm... still sorry you had to see all that."

His friend was doing what he could to not make him feel so uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry Chomper. I know you saved my life out there, and I thank you for that. I really do. It's just... This is just so... I don't know."

"Disturbing?"

"Yeah, that starts to describe all of this."

His friend shifted in his place, still looking concenred

"I was so worried about you coming to... I wasn't really thinking about what would happen if you did woke up. I should have had that... mess out of your sight."

"Hey, where's everyone else?"

"You mean my mate and son? Well, they're... they're out today."

"Out? Doing what?"

"Look, you don't need to concern yourself with all of that. You've been through so much, just get some more rest, please."

Littlefoot considered his friend's words. He was still so shaken from his reawakening yesterday. He already knew what the two other sharpteeth were out there doing, but he really did not want to think about it. His old friend was right. He... needed some more time alone in his thoughts. When he laid his neck back down for a nap, a loud yell hit his ears.

"Hey! HEY! Fast biters! Fast biters trying to get at the longneck!"

Littlefoot's head whipped back up, at the sudden exclamation from an unknown source. His sharptoothed friend suddenly got up, running after the screaming voice. He only turned his head back for a moment to yell back to the longneck.

"Sorry, Littlefoot. This shouldn't take long!"

What was going on? Was Chomper having to chase some fast biters away from him? He was kind of confused right now. His confusion only got worse, as the voice from before yelled out again.

Oh, hey! I heard you had come around recently!"

That voice. Where was that voice coming from!? He had never heard it before. Was it Chomper's son?

"Wow. Really had to get oughta there. Hopefully Rex's daddy can take care of those fast biters. I wasn't gonna get anywhere near em, hell no!"

No, this wasn't Rex. This was some new face, apparently. Someone he had probably never seen before. But who?

"Hey! Down here, big guy!"

Littlefoot finally looked down to see a little iguanodon staring up at him. What's going on around here!?

"Wh...what...who...you...huh!?"

"Wow. You still not thinking straight or something? I can't understand ya!"

"What...the...hell is a little leafeater kid doing in a sharptooth nest!?"

"well, what the hell you doing here, big guy?"

"I asked first! Mind your elders, dammit! you... you...Hmm, what's you're name?"

"The names Guaro. What's yours? Or should I just call you mountain!"

He couldn't even think of what was up with this little runt. He was already pissing the longneck off. He was hanging around sharpteeth, apparently, so he obviously didn't know what was really good for him. He seemed like a real trouble maker, too. He started to wonder if this little iguanodon had pissed Chomper off as much as he did him just now.

"Look. I was just trying to get back to sleep, kid. and now you're freaking me out by just being here."

"Well, you don't have to be freaked out by me. I'm just Rex's friend!"

"Well, okay, Rex's friend. Could you like... run off and play in Chomper's mouth or something? I'd really like to get some more rest.

"I wouldn't say no to that!"

The purple sharptooth had returned from chasing the fast biters off. He didn't really know what the other sharpteeth were after, as he never got to see them.

"Hey, Guaro, could you leave my friend alone for a little while?"

"Aww, do I have to? I was having so much fun talking to your old friend!"

"You even know what you're talking to, little guy? Littlefoot's got a lot a resting to do! Leave him alone!"

"Rex wouldn't like it if somethign happened to me."

"You wanna try me, kid?"

The still healing longneck was watching this other worldy little exchange, before hearing a roar emanating from the distance.

"Ah, Pearl and Rex are coming back! I wonder how it went?" Chomper was the one who had spoken up, with an... unreadable expression on his face.

Guaro had already gotten up, and run off towards the nearby woods. He seemed to already know what was coming, and didn't seem too keen on witnessing it.

Chomper roared out to his mate, when she replied back, his face still remained unreadable, as if he was unsure of how to even feel about the news.

"So... He did it. My son finally did it."

"What did he do? Is he okay" Littlefoot didn't have to wait for long to get his answer. As the two came close to them, Rex looked horrifying. He was caked in dried blood, covering his teeth and his claws. More revealing, however, were his eyes. They were full of sadness, horror, and disgust. The longneck now knew what had happened.

Chomper greeted the other two sharpteeth in their own language. The two larger sharpteeth tried to comfort the little one, who broke down crying. Chomper nuzzled the little one, before speaking to his mate again, and leaving the other two to walk up to the sauropod. Littlefoot spoke up before Chomper could.

"Did he do what I think he did?"

"...Yes. It was his first time. He's...really having difficulty dealing with it, but he had to learn this lesson sooner or later." He lowered his head, a few tears coming from his own eyes. "I'm sorry, son. I'm sorry all of this... stuff had to happen before your first kill."

He returned to the other sharpteeth, and they all got up to leave him. The poor longneck was still dealing with his own situation, but he also felt sorry for the poor little sharptooth. He had just done what all sharpteeth must do, and he wasn't taking it very well. He laid there, in the nest for awhile longer, before drifting off to sleep again.

---------------------

A couple of days later. Things had quieted down around the sharptooth nest again. Littlefoot still rested at his same spot. His strength was returning to him, but his healing was not done yet. His physical healing, at least. He had built up the strength of his spirit, at least enough to have an important chat with his old friend. The next time Chomper came by the nest, he decided to have that chat.

"hmm, so is this how it makes you feel?"

The purple sharptooth jumped up, staring at him, confused as to what Littlefoot was getting at.

"I mean... Does it make you feel like this... Chomper... whenever someone has to die for you to live?"

"Yes. It did a long time ago, and it kind of still does even today."

"It's still affecting you?"

"Kind of. I can do what I need to to survive, but I still have an appreciation."

"An appreciation?"

"Yeah. Every time I take a life, I feel... grateful for it. It's... horrible it has to be this way, but if it does, I'll at least... thank them for it, if only in my thoughts. Those who lives I have to take, to save my own, I make sure their death aren't in vain, in a way. I make sure I live my life to the fullest. I don't squander the gift that they give me."

Littlefoot had never thought of it that way before. His friend had to be a sharptooth now, but he was still Chomper, his old friend. He didn't lose himself when he turned into a killer.

"Hmm, I wonder how my son's going to get through this?"

"You were hoping it wouldn't be as hard for him as it was for you, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but everything's that happened. With you, and with Guaro, didn't make it easy on him."

"Well, you made it through, didn't you? I know he'll be able to get through this. He has such great parents, I'm sure he'll be okay!"

"Thanks friend."

"So, when you first woke up, you said something about knowing that longneck?"

"Knowing him? No, I didn't really know him, but I met him once."

The sharptooth just sat there, looking away for a moment. He gazed back at the longneck, ready to hear about the dinner he and his family had been having over the past few days.

"I met him... up there. I was there, to greet him, and welcome him into the Great Beyond. He told me a little bit of his story. He'd been kicked out of his herd, by Shorty, no less. And then he met you, and it didn't end too well for him."

"You were in the Great Beyond? Really?"

"Yeah, I was there for awhile." Littlefoot expected Chomper to look at him like a looney right there, but he wasn't. "I got to meet so many up there. My grandparents, Topsy, Ruby..."

"Ruby!? Ruby died!?"

He had let that slip, absentmindedly. The mighty sharptooth stared at him, bewildered. I guess I had better break the news to him, then.

"Yeah. If you remember, she didn't get to leave the valley with you, out of all of the confusion. She had went out into the Beyond for awhile, trying to look for you, but she couldn't find you. She came back to the valley, to live with us again. She was sorry that she couldn't be with you, but there wasn't really much she could do about it. Then one day... Oh, it happened so fast..."

He stopped there, not knowing if he could continue with the story. Both of the dinosaurs looked at eachother again, Chomper giving him a sad nod.

"...One day, she got trampled to death by the grownups."

"WHAT!?"

"Apparently, they had caught her eating some meat. I think it was probably fish, or something, but they were getting worked up over it, anyway. They just... killed her. They didn't even ask any questions. They were just..."

He couldn't say any more. He had tried to forget about it a long time ago, but his past was haunting him again. He felt a claw on his shoulder. Looking up, he saw that Chomper was in tears, just like he was. He came over to hug him, and they just embraced each other for a bit.

"It was a good thing that I left when I did, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it was. At least she's in a better place now. I'm sure she's still looking out for you."

"I'm know she is."

The two let out of their embrace. After they had spent some time settling down, Littlefoot decided he had an announcement to make. He and Chomper had come to an understanding tonight, now having something they had in common. Littlefoot did already have this, from back when his mother died saving him, but these recent events just cemented it. He had to let his friend know.

"So, with the ones you have to kill. you said you make sure their deaths aren't in vain? I should do the same. I have to make sure Brack's death isn't in vain. So, I've decided, Chomper. I'm not going to waste this second chance. This second life!"

----------------------------------------------------------

I still have another part coming, guys. I know I said this would be the last part, but I'm just having to devote so much time to Littlefoot dealing with his situation. I didn't realize before how hard all of this would really end up being for him, and what it would take to get him through it in a believable way. I hope you still enjoyed this, and that you guys  aren't sore at having to read another part! :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey that was really nice! :smile I definitely don't mind reading another chapter, hehe :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Personally, though I'm not the one writing this, but I think Ruby's death should be avenged.   :anger  :anger  :anger  :anger  :anger

I think Littlefoot should get together with the other members of the Gang of Five and help lure Ruby's killers into an ambush and Chomper and his mate will take the guilty party down.

Also, Shorty has it coming too.  He's gone too far this time!  

You could have Littlefoot turn on the guilty grown-ups and his own foster brother (who appears to be mean and cruel).  

It could be an interesting understanding with Chomper, that, like him getting even with Sharptooth for his mother's death, both of them need to avenge Ruby.   She is one of my favorite characters and I'm so ticked that they murdered her just for eating fish.   :cry  :cry  :cry

The guilty party DESERVES to be made into a meal.   Of course, if the Gang of Five goes through with this "Avenge Ruby" idea, then they probably won't be able to go back to the Great Valley ever again, but, then again, if the grandparents, Topps, Tria, and Thicknose are dead, and they are of age, perhaps this would be best for them.  

It would be a nice final chapter.  A huge twist in the story.  Littlefoot, having worked with leaf eaters of other types to take down Sharptoot and avenge Mama Longneck, would now work with Sharpteeth to avenge Ruby.  

Ruby needs to be avenged!  

Also, I might add that an of age Chomper is likely to be green as both of his parents were green.  He won't be purple.

Poor Ruby.  That is so sad.   :cry  :cry

R.I.P. Ruby

Her murder was a disgrace to Flatteeth everywhere!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This was an extremely touching chapter.  From Littlefoot reacting to his departure from the Great Beyond, to him waking up in Chomper's "dinning room", to him being forced to tell him the news of what happened to Ruby... It was all very touching and emotional.  Although in light of how she died, it makes me wonder what conversations she and Littlefoot had in the Great Beyond... I am sure there were no dry eyes in that reunion.  Likewise between Littlefoot and his mother and grandparents.

As for a certain iguanodon... he needs to learn that a fast wit is best followed by fast reflexes... I wouldn't taunt the big guys if I were him...

I only found two minor typos in the chapter:

"Beck here?"

It should read "back here?"

"I'm sorry, son. I'm sorry all of this... stuff had to happen before you're first kill."

"Your first kill"

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice chapter,glad to see Littlefoot healing. Maybe soon we will find out why he was out alone in the Mysterious Beyond in the first place?

Poor,Ruby what a sucky way to die. Being trampled to death,Chomper..don't blame him for being shocked at the news.

Oh,,Rex's friend is an annoying little pest.You don't taunt a fully grown longneck or sharptooth. Nope nope nope.

I'm glad there will be another chapter,I can't wait to see it,even more so if we find out a bit more about how Littlefoot's adult life has been going.  :yes

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm just gonna try replying to all the comments/reviews I haven't replied to yet here, just to get caught up. I think it's gonna be pretty long.

For the Chomper PoV chapter...

I really enjoyed the way that you depicted the conversation between Chomper and his mate. Likewise, your elaboration on what happened after Chomper's father died was quite touching and gave good insight to the sharptooth frame of mind. It will be quite interesting to see what becomes of Guaro in the near future.

Thanks Rhombus. Yeah, Mrs. Chomper had to put her foot down, or nothing was going to get done. She ended up getting her way, when she talked Chomper into going out to hunt, and you could see that in how happy with herself she seemed after the conversation. As for his father, I figured that was something most sharpteeth did, considering how harsh it is out there, and how long it can take to find another meal. It's handled very delicately here, but I've also enjoyed all the joking of "Sharptooth Funerals" we've been having. Yeah, those funerals are definately pretty weird. Everybody there can't wait to get the formalities over with and dig in! :lol

Chomper is having a hard time,he wants to protect Littlefoot but needs to feed his family at the same time.

And it looks like Chomper now knows the truth of his sons little...friend. I doubt Mrs Sharptooth is going to approve of that..first Chomper brings Littlefoot home but won't let anyone eat him...now her son is friends with a leafeater..oh boy.

Yeah, he was really stuck here. He didn't want to turn on Littlefoot or his family, and he was kind of turning himself off at this point, not knowing what to do. Like I said earlier, it took his mate to get him moving again. About her not approving of Guaro, that's something I'm gonna have to get to in the last chapter.

I gotta agree with everything rhombus said smile.gif Chomper and his mate seem to be arguing every day which is quite amusing to an observer :smile
Chomper's little flashback is also very nice, as is the depiction of Chomper's situation after his father's passing which is kinda like the situation he currently finds himself in. He might have to eat somebody he knows and loves...
Chomper doesn't seem to be pleased to meet his son's friend

Yeah, his flashback about his father is definately somewhat like the situation he was in in this chapter. And more about Guaro, I hope I didn't make Chomper too angry to see him, calling him "peice of meat" and whatnot. I remember a review by DosuToDinner said that. I thought he would be this angry, because his little boy had been taken advantage of, and he wouldn't have liked it one bit.

For the PoV of Chomper's dinner guest... :lol

A very nice but ominous addition. Chomper seems to have guilt over something. Is this because of him killing one longneck in order to protect another or is that a hint of something more significant... I suppose that is a mystery that I will have to wait to see resolved.

I am curious to see what has become of Guaro as well. Did Chomper's son have friends for dinner? :smile

Yeah, I tried to keep that part a little ambiguous, so the reader wouldn't know if Chomper was feeling guilt over what he was doing, or if Littlefoot had run out of time, or what.And about Guaro, I kept having to push back showing what happened to him. Hope I didn't make anybody angry with waiting.

Interesting... :;) There's a new character but Chomper kills him. Wonder in what way this scene is related to the whole story in :yes

Don't you see, Ducky? This is just Chomper inviting a longneck over to dinner, like the friendly sharptooth he is! I know Mrs. Chomper must have been really happy to see Brack had made it to thier dinner party! :DD

For part 1 of Littlefoot's PoV

Oh, very nice! dino_wow.gif I really like the way you started with a random thing and soon more and more details are revealed. There's also the conversation with Brack who was apparently attacked by Shorty ohmy.gif And of course Littlefoot's Mother... it's really sweet how Littlefoot interacts with her laugh.gif But it's only a short visit in the valley of the dead. Chomper is waiting and not for dinner actually Dino_grins.gif

Yeah, one of the things I had been agonizing over was how to handle Littlefoot's stay in the Great Beyond. I just felt I had to leave it somewhat vague and mysterious, as a heaven-like place should be. His conversation with Brack was very stange, indeed, and it ends up really messing poor littlefoot up for a while when he does wake up. I'm glad you liked the bit with Littlefoot and his mother! Chomper ended up inviting another longneck to dinner, so Littlefoot doesn't have to worry about feeding the sharptooth family, at least. :p

Wow, this was certainly an enlightening chapter. Shorty has apparently supplanted the leader of his herd, and the former leader has paid the price. Likewise, it seems that Ruby has already me her end... dino_sad.gif Well at least she is in a nicer place now. But now Littlefoot has gone from paradise to his broken body... but now that he has tasted the afterlife will he be willing to persevere despite his injuries?

The bit with shorty was just something I thought of in the moment, but it really seemed to fit, so I put it in.

And It was your reply here, Rhombus, that got me thinking more about What Littlefoot had been through, and ow he could possibly deal with everything that was about to be thrown his way. Thanks for bringing that up, as whether littlefoot would be willing to persevere after seeing the afterlife hadn't crossed my mind yet, and I realized I had to show how and why he got through much of it, and decided to fight. Thanks, buddy :)

finally, part 2 of Littlefoot's PoV

Hey that was really nice! Dino_grins.gif I definitely don't mind reading another chapter, hehe dino_happier.gif

Glad you like the latest chapter, and I hope I make the last part worth having that extra part. :)

I'm not quoting Littlefootandalitogether's review here, as it's pretty long, but I'm glad to see you're enyoing my story too! I'm not going to critizise your opinion, or anything, but I will say there's some things you should be more aware of.

About Getting revenge for Ruby's death, I don't even know how that would work. You have to think of Ruby, here. You think she would be happy up in the Great Beyond, looking down at two of her friends, going on a quest for blood and vengence, against  the place she'd been calling her home before her death, and against some of the leaf eaters she really came to like, all in her name? I don't think she would want to see some of her friends dieing needlessly like that, even if they ended up killing her in a mad mob.

And I don't think Shorty deserves to be Chomper's dinner, either. (YeAh, i know that sounds weird coming out of my mouth. but deal with it! :p) He just did what he felt was right. He joined a herd, and saw that there were problems. Members of the herd were falling victem to sharpteeth, and who knows what else, and he felt the leader wasn't a very good one, and he would make a better one. He did what was good for his new herd. He really cared about them.

If you would, I'd love to see what you think of this story, otherwise. I know you're a huge Chomper and Littlefoot fan, and I'd just like to hear what you think of this little situation that happened between them in this story, if you'd be willing. :)

This was an extremely touching chapter. From Littlefoot reacting to his departure from the Great Beyond, to him waking up in Chomper's "dinning room", to him being forced to tell him the news of what happened to Ruby... It was all very touching and emotional. Although in light of how she died, it makes me wonder what conversations she and Littlefoot had in the Great Beyond... I am sure there were no dry eyes in that reunion. Likewise between Littlefoot and his mother and grandparents.

as for a certain iguanodon... he needs to learn that a fast wit is best followed by fast reflexes... I wouldn't taunt the big guys if I were him...

I hope I gave Littlefoot enough time to get through all of this. Not just him, but Chomper and Rex also have some emotional scenes here. There's still some healing left to do, and some loose ends I'll have to tie up here.

About some conversation in the Great beyond, that's an interesting thought. I might bring light to one or two more of them in the last part. haven't decided yet, but if anybody would like to write out their ideas for some conversations that might have happened, or any other little story or tidbit you want around this story, I'd love it. :)

Yeah, Guaro is definately acting 'too big for his britches' here. He's gonna need to learn to keep his mouth shut, if you wants to live much longer. I'm gonna be going over more of his backstory in the last chapter, hopefully shedding some light one how he ended up being this way. Also, I gotta 'take care of him' in the last part, so look forward to that. :DD

Nice chapter,glad to see Littlefoot healing. Maybe soon we will find out why he was out alone in the Mysterious Beyond in the first place?

Poor,Ruby what a sucky way to die. Being trampled to death,Chomper..don't blame him for being shocked at the news.

Oh,,Rex's friend is an annoying little pest.You don't taunt a fully grown longneck or sharptooth. Nope nope nope.

I'm glad there will be another chapter,I can't wait to see it,even more so if we find out a bit more about how Littlefoot's adult life has been going. in-yes.gif

I'm glad you're still enjoying this story, Nahla! You bring up something I haden't been focusing on, with what Littlefoot's life must be like, now, and why he was out there in the Mysterious Beyond. I'm afraid that's another loose end I'm gonna have to tie up in the last part. Dang, hope I can fit everything in one more part, now! :p

Yeah, little pest is a good way to describe Guaro. (Though, I'm sure Chomper would prefer 'snack'. :p)

Whew, that was a lot of catching up. I'm gonna try to be better about replying to you guys in the future, because I know people always have things they'd liek to discuss with a story, and I should encourage that more. Sorry about that, guys.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Are Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike still alive or have they come to a bad end too?

Also, if the Ruby was murdered for eating meat, can we conclude that Guido, whom I also love, was murdered for the same reason?

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...How many years...

A beautiful valley. A Lush valley. My home. A perfect place. Well, not quite, but the closest to perfect in this harsh world. How many years have I been away from this place, thinking I'd never see it again, that i'd end up as dinner.

...Dinner for my old friend.

Fortunately, that didn't happen. By some crazy series of events, I got dragged to a sharptooth nest, and nursed back to health. Then, I left with something I didn't really want.

"Mornin', big guy!"

Something? Sorry, I meant someone.

"Are you zoning out again? Good way to end up as dinner, ya know!"

"Like you would know, Guaro? The little dinosaur that made friends with a little sharptooth, and somehow didn't end up as dinner? You know, I've heard many hatchling stories, and that's not how they are supposed to end."

"Well, it's not how your little hatchling story should've ended, either. Remember?"

"You know you are still little enough to... you know... 'accidently' get stepped on, right?"

"You are, too, you know?"

"What? I am not! I'm a fully grown friggin longneck, see?"

Professor: "Hey guys! What's up?"

...what? That... human? I don't know this... thing. But, then why do I know that thing is a human? What is he even doing here, anyway!?"

Professor: "Littlefoot? You lost in lala again or something? hello?" *Lightly bonks Littlefoot on the head*

Guaro: "Good one!"

"Why are you here, Professor? You're... not supposed to be here, are you? I was just..."

Professor: "Well, I think I should be here. Lived here a couple years, remember? Unless the council has thier collective heads in the ground again or something."

"Why are you always talking that way?"

Professor: "I've always talked this way. Makes more sense to know who is talking right?"

Littlefoot: "I... guess so."

Professor: "See? That wasn't so hard!"

Guaro: "Both the crazy creatures keep on talking to each other. That'll definatley go places!"

Professor: " Would you shut up please. You're the perfect size, you know."

Guaro: "to step on? With those lanky, wrinkled old feet of yours?"

Professor: "Naw, I meant the perfect size to roast"

Guaro: "Whats... roast?"

Professor: "You keep you little mouth shut, and you'll never find out. Got it?"

Littlefoot: "Now that we got all that garbage out of the way, what have you been working on lately?"

Professor: "...wait a minute..."

Ducky: "What is it, Profess..."

Suddenly, The professor pulls out his gun, and shoots guaro through the head, killing him. Everyone else screams.

Littlefoot: "The hell!?"

Cera: "he's mad! Everyone, tackle him!"

Professor: "I'm mad, but not in that way!"

Ruby: "Why?"

Littlefoot: (tearing up) "...friend. He was my friend, you... you..."

Professor: "No, he wasn't a friend. Look!"

Guaro shrinks into what looks like a worm, spewing green liquid around itself.

Chomper: "So, a little crawler? Can I eat it?"

Professor: "I seriously wouldn't."

Littlefoot: "How can you think about eating my friend!?"

Chomper: "Well, Sharptooth code and all..."

Professor: "Would both of you shut up! It's not Guaro, and it's not food. It's a memory parasite! they come from other dimensions!"

Ducky: "...What?"

Professor: "Yes, the come from other dimensions. They imitate people from other dimensions... different realities. Then they pick one reality to take over!"

Littlefoot: "That doesn't make any sense, old man!"

Professor: "Yeah, doesn't make any sense, does it? That's why they're so good. They're so smart, and good at planning, and no one ever expects them."

Littlefoot: "But... I went through so much with him!. I... lived through so much with him. Getting dragged to Chomper's nest. Almost getting eaten by his family..."

Chomper: "Hey, I remember that, too! I brought you to my nest to save you! I Lived with my mate, and my son, because I was..."

Cera: "...Banished from the valley."

Chomper: "...Yeah."

Ruby: "Wait, that doesn't make any sense! You're right here, and you were only done for a few days, before I gave up looking for you, and decided to eat a fish. And then..."

Littlefoot: "You... got crushed to death..."

Chomper: "Wait. That doesn't make any sense! That couldn't have all happened! I mean, I remember it, but..."

Professor: "...it made a few mistakes. Hmm, I guess they aren't all that smart."

The Professor then pulls out his gun again, and shoots the dead worn with him high setting, turning it into a little bit of ash."

Professor: "That should be the only parasite, at least. What a relief."

Cera: "So, what do we do now?"

Professor: "Well, we just go back with our lives, and forget all this never happened. Besides, he was a dick, anyway."

An orange fastbiter with black stripes walks into the scene, handing the Professor a cup.

Professor: "Ah, My mid-morning tea. Why, thank you, Taunt!"

Clicky Clicky

Past-O-Rama: Episode 53sd-+=^&3Overflow error - Total Recall of Fanfictions

and... I didn't really write any more for it. Sorry, guys. Been procrastinating on this fun little thingy here, and never got it anywhere close to finished. Though, it could only be for April Fools, and I'd probably forget about if I kept this till next year, so... here you go, guys.

I guess... does anyone like this? I guess I could finish it if you wanna see more of it.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Taunt

• A questionable test account
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theonion.com/
Ha, I remember this!  :DD I still don't get what you see in that nasty leaf water, Professor.