The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

pizza hut puppets?

Akiko Okami

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I suppose this is the right section for this topic, taking a stroll down memory lane I suddenly thought of some of my earliest lbt memories. I was very young when the movie first came out and I remember collecting all the little puppets pizza hut was giving out from the movie at the time. I still have them, all of them. I adore collecting little figures and such and I suppose I was no different then, only then I was quite rough with them.^^;  :wow
They really mean something to me, perhaps a link to my childhood and also proof that hey...some things you don't grow out of, despite what adults will tell you.  :lol They're adorable little toys and very well made imo.

A funny story I could share is that during the time these were being given out, we moved to where we currently live, and no pizza hut out here had those puppets any longer. I had the entire set except for Sharptooth. My dad went back to where we had moved from, halfway across the country, to get that Sharptooth.  :lol Can't say I'm not grateful though, it's nice to still have that set.
I used to have some lbt plushies as well, I think Littlefoot and Ducky...what happened to those I can't say for sure, maybe I still have them...somewhere. in that mess of stuff I call my room.  :p  

Another special note out of my memories is that this was the first movie I ever went to see with my mother, my first being oliver and company with my dad. For that reason I suppose, I always saw it as a..."mother present. very important!" I'm weird, I dunno. We still watch it and other animated films together today.  :lol :DD

Anyone else remember these or something else that makes you just sit there going, "wow...has it really been that long ago?" Strange feelings, I find.

I suppose the topic of this could, in general, be about sharing those early memories of this movie. Those're some of mine, who else has some.^^

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi!
In my case the land before time was probably the first movie I ever watched in a cinema. I can't guarantee it, but at least I cannot remember any earlier visit of a cinema.
I'm collecting everything that has to do with the land before time, but I have only one of the Pizza Hut land before time puppets (Littlefoot). They were never in the Pizza Huts here in Germany. However, I have plushs of all the land before time main characters, and of Chomper and Mo.
I have a special affection for the plush Spike. During a holiday in the Netherlands I lost a Spike plush at the beach. I was searching all day, crying my eyes out. But on my seventh birthday Spike "returned". It took a while before I stopped keeping an eye on him every moment  :) I've attached a little picture which must've been taken shortly afterwards. In 1991 or 1992 most likely. It shows me with my Spike.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
do you know how annoying that is seeing that you and Avern only aloud to get those type pics up... It kind of make it unfair for others when they see this. I know that I have spoken up about it on this area. But I just had to.

btw cute pic  ;)

:lol

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I have all of them sitting on my computer desk at my parents house...I don't have any pics at the moment of them, but for the longest time I didn't have Ducky.  I think we found her at a yard sale, but the rest of them I'm guessing we had gotten at a Pizza Hut...guess I'll have to ask my mom how we got a hold of all of them.  :lol

Threehorn I know we discussed it a while back but that plan fell through so only admins and mods will be able to upload...you know my MSN name and my e-mail...just send me whatever you want me to upload and I will.  This has worked fine before so don't get so worked up about it. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One can also host pictures somewhere else (for example at tripod) and use the url of the picture to post it here. If I'm not very mistaken this is possible for anyone.
Here is one more picture posted that way:

Gee if I get on like this you'll soon have my whole family photo album here.   :lol
This picture is also from the early 1990's and shows my sister Maren and me. I'm holding a Ducky plush.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I used to have 3 of the 5 puppets from Pizza Hut but I cant find them anymore! I distinctly remember being fearful of the Spike puppet because I didnt like the face! PMSL! I was only about 3 or 4 at the time. I have a plush Littlefoot that the UK got with the release of LBT 9 and he's like my little travelling buddy. He's in my room down at uni with me! LOL He guards my room from intruders whilst Im out and he's also my combat buddy when I'm battling evil monsters on my PS2! LOL! He hasnt let me down yet...especially with my new game! 400+ fights and havent lost one yet with him beside me! PMSL! :lol  :DD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi!
Speaking of the Pizza hut puppets and plushs makes me wonder what land before time stuff you have altogether? I suppose most of us have some collectibles or so. Maybe some of you also have land before time stuff you created yourself (fanart). What land before time "items" do you have?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, for the most part, I have all five LBT plushies (I think I got them shortly after the release of the first movie), LBT movies 1, 3-7, & 9 (LBT 2 got eaten by the VHS player  :cry  ), and one of the pizza hut puppets (couldn't find it at the moment, but I'm guessing it's Spike).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've got all LBT movies (PAL version) on VHS from 1-10. Both sing-a-long tapes, the music score to "If We Hold On Together" and the movie soundtrack. In terms of intangible stuff, I have nearly 200 images on my computer (just LBT), nearly every song and end credit music from the sequels (special thanks to Malte for that!  ;) ) and 2 of LBT 10's music videos for "Me and My Dad" and "Best of Friends". I've recently just created a 7min film reel of some of my LBT pictures but Threehorn and Arvens are the only ones who have seen it so far. I have a number of sketches I did but I havent posted them up here...I might just do that though...

Next?! What you got?!

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
At one time I did have all VHS copies of all the films but I sold them on ebay so I can focus on dvd copies of the ones I really want. :)  So I have seen all the films, I just don't have copies of them all anymore.  I have all five of those Pizza Hut figurines and the book, "Friends in Need".

Not much but I'm surprised I'm still hooked at my age. :p

Akiko Okami

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I have, as mentioned, the entire set of the puppets and also a few plushies...although they appear currently lost in my room. I'm afraid I only own the first and second movie on vhs, however the first is an original copy from when it was released in the 80s. I'm actually shocked at how well it still plays, give or take a few lines here and there or the occasional warped sound. I'm planning to get the dvd of the original soon, perhaps for the holidays even, although from all I've read there seems to be no special extras or other such goods. A shame really...I adore looking through concept art and such. I remember having a little picture book a well, it may have been "friends in need", however it like the plushies seems lost in storage somewhere. I'm sure I still have it though, I save everything like that, always have. :p