The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What do you want for Christmas?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Here's a topic for the old, same, dumb question...

"What do you Want for Christmas?" Or whatever holiday you celebrate. ^^;

I just want i-tunes gift cards. :yes And maybe to finally watch Dark Shadows again on netflix. ^^

And as far as non-material things, I guess I just want people to remember what Christmas is and not get all commercialized about it. <_<

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really only wish that I continue to proper in school and at my workplace. Other than that, I really don't have any intense wants for myself.

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
I don't necessarily want anything for Christmas... all I really desire is an enjoyable day with family, jesting and good food. If I'm ever in need of a material possession, I will usually scrape together the money to get it.

That said, I have been dreaming about a Logitech G25 racing wheel for a while now... :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
We've all decided to skip presents for Christmas this year to help save money.  But if we were giving/receiving presents, I'd ask for a mini tower PC.  I need a really small computer for up on my top shelf so I can connect it as my projector computer.

But we might stop giving presents forever.  We looked at how much money we spent per year on presents and were mortified.  Everyone's got enough stuff so none of us really want little crap.  I think it's better this way anyways.  If you'd seen our collective family bill for Christmas presents, you'd agree with me.  I won't say how much it was, but when I got the final results, I actually said "holy f****** s***" in front of my own mother. :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if many families are coming to the same decision and realization.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No presents for me this year, I'm too old for socks now :lol

I'm saving up for some new models for my Warhammer army, as my friends and myself will be making a combined order off Forge World for Christmas (we celebrate with dice ;)).

However, I will be buying Presents for others this year. My mother is getting a new radio, and my sister is getting a teddy bear.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Life:
That my mom would finally get better since she has been taken to the hospital very often this year. It's kinda a routine now...
And that I finally finish school without any problems! <_<

Material:
I actually have already the things I want (ok, not everything XD), but I would like to have a "WACOM CintiQ 12WX" graphics tablet too to improve as an artist. :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't really want anything. We celebrated sinterklaas yesterday and I got a Disney Birthday Calendar, a tv-blanket for when I'm freezing in my room, some chocolate, pokemon cards, a new lunch box and new gloves  :D

We're going to celebrate bigger presents with christmas though (Thank you for coming here, tim :D ). I have no idea what to expect.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have everything I need, material-wise. I find experiences more giving than stuff.
I wish for some money assistance so that I can go to the Alphs again, a skipass or something.

And socks. I really need socks. No lies!

Finaly, I really wish to make it through this final term in school without fuzz. It's about time I learn from my misstakes. (I tend to build towers of homework).

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The best thing on Christmas is when I can have my peace with my familie.
This is the only wish that I have.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
600 Hours of Edward - The author of the book is a graduate from my school. It's his first book. The thing that I like about it is that Edward, the main character, has both Asburgers AND OCD. He read a bit of it and it reminded me of my writing.
The Art of Bone - A must-have for a Bone-tard like me :)
Bone and Beyond - Another Bone Book
The Cartoonist - Jeff Smith, Author of Bone, video
Rose - Bone prequel of awesmesauce
Guardians of Ga'Hoole 15 - IT'STHELASTBOOKMUSTREAD!!!
Shadowboxes - I must have a space for my little knick-knacks!
Animation program/Photoshop 0.7 - Let's face it, Elements 6 is a pain when you can't 'tweak' your brushes to your needs T__T . And I want to animate stuff.
Dracul soundtrack - Personally, I don't get they hype about vampires. I kinda have a little bit of 'hatred' for them. But my school's musical last year was Dracul...and it was AWESOME! 'Specially the music. And I'm tired of listening to 10 second clips of the music on the website XD . (Kinda off topic, but I'm still kinda mad the chandeliers I worked SO HARD ON didn't work for the Ball scene, so they weren't used. It was quite frustrating.)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Christmas in my family is an extra special time 'cuz my mother is a Christmas baby; therefore, she gets twice as many presents :D.  My grandmother's starday is December 21st, and one of my uncles' starday is December 10th, but sadly those two are deceased :(.

Like others have mentioned, I provide for my material needs all throughout the year, so I'm at a loss whenever my starday and Christmas come around :p.  I don't allow myself to lose sight of the true meaning of the holidays.  We usually travel somewhere for Christmas and bring the presents along with us.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When it comes to wanting gifts, I plan ahead.  I spend 2 months not getting what I really want prior to the day, make my list and give it to my parents.  If I don't get it, I buy it myself.

This year, sadly, the holiday season has not been kind to me.  I am a gamer and a movie buff.  As such, those will more than likely be the things on my list.  Without much coming out, I really had to push myself to avoid getting the great stuff on the day it comes out.

Still, that being said, here's my list:

Games:

A Boy and His Blob (Nintendo Wii)
Brutal Legend (Xbox 360)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)
Metroid Trilogy (Nintendo Wii)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Nintendo DS)

Movies:

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Up
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Other:

Clothes (Shirt Size: Adult Medium) (Pants Size: 30/31 W 30 L)
PSP Go (Handheld Gaming System)

The main reason for the Clothes one is more of a need than a want.  I put too many holes in my material. :(

Despite all this planning, I make sure to never forget the true meaning of Christmas and to celebrate it for the main reason.  If I don't get the gifts I want, big deal!  Christmas is not about the presents, but so much more. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Would nothing be acceptable since I really don't NEED or really WANT anything.  I just kind of buy along the way as life goes on. :p  An occasion isn't necessary.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The thing I've been doing for a year or so is anything I order from mid to late October into November I don't open the package once I get them till my birthday and late November into December I don't open till Christmas.  The exception is if I get something used through Amazon I do open it to look at the item so I can give an honest review.  Though I put the item back in and use tape so I can reopen it on my birthday or Christmas & mix up the packages a bit so I'm not sure what is in which one.  This year for Christmas it's been mainly dvd's.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Maybe if I celebrate it I wish for the real Santa Claus