The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RockingScorpion's Side Projects

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Aaand we're on page two. :D

[align=center]Simple Coco Pommel - Digicolored

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

Pencil Version: http://fav.me/d7x4lfh

Someone gave me a Derpy CCG card some time ago at a meetup and I promised to do something in return. That's it. He likes Cocoa Pommes after all.

Oops. I meant Kakao Pommes (german).
Errrm, Coco Pommel! That's the name!

But Kakao Pommes ist just too awesome. :D

Hope you like it. ;)
RockingScorpion

ps: I think I might do more of these, maybe. They're easy and fun to draw.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
What I got here might just be the start of more to come. I was at the Red Sea for one week and got to make some pretty nice photos and stuff.

While the quality of the photos isn't good, sadly, in terms of noise and such, they still are good enough to edit them and show them. Maybe one day I can afford an underwater case for my professional camera, but they are expensive as hell, why I decided to by a whole new camera that's already waterproof. xD

But now onward to pictures:

[align=center]Beautiful Sea

Source

I've been to Egypt a few times now. Lionfish aren't rare, but when you see them, you have to be lucky and it's usually not more than two of them.
...at this reef I got out of the water when more and more of them showed up, I guess when I left 15 were around. They're poisonous, and while not aggressive, 15 of them was a bit much. :D
But I made some wonderful photos and videos there.

[align=center]Spinner Dolphins

Source

There are some tours where you go on a boat and visit dolphins. I just had to do one, even if they're not cheap. Only I kind of chose the wrong time for this. As you see, there are 4 calves on that photo, and the whole group was much larger. That's probably why they stayed away from the divers (and they do come close).
Also, I tried following them for a while and film them, but boy that was hard. Even if they're not trying, they outswim you easily and I was pretty done after these 2 minutes of swimming like I got a white shark behind me. xD

The video is here.

So, that's it for now. There's more to come for sure. ;)
I just don't know yet if I'll make a longer video out of all the clips I have.

Hope you like it.
RockingScorpion. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great pictures you took there.  Nice that you shared them here.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
A few days ago my friend had his birthday party, and this is what I got him as a gift:

[align=center]Happy Birthday, McKay

Source

It's by the way for the same guy who is holding that pony figure in the photo I showed a few posts ago.

And about more stuff by me...it's all wip right now. I have some unfinished sketches and so on, but not enough time. xD

Hope you like it :)
RS

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I bet he liked it! :D Great drawing! :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments, and yes he liked it. :D

Hm...
Maybe I should give this topic another name by now, since I decided to also show what one day will be my work. :D

[align=center]Anticipation

Source
(for bigger size etc.)

The moment when everything on stage is ready and the crowd is waiting for the band to appear...

Filled Pumpkin with Garlic Baguette

Source
(for bigger size etc.)

Diced Pumpkin with Basmati Rice

Source
(for bigger size etc.)

Because it's that time of the year again.
The arrangement was made with the possibility to create a double page in a book, including the recipe.

Adam, Dinner's ready!

Source
(for bigger size etc.)

What if some parts in our history would've happened in different ways? :D[/align]

That's all I have for now. Hope you like my photos. :)

RockingScorpion.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great pictures, very well done.

The way the food is arranged it looks to good to eat, almost.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, you got skill, man! :p

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nicely done! I do love the three food pictures though, respectively: Filled Pumpkin with Garlic Baguette, Diced Pumpkin with Basmati Rice, and Original Sin.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments. Also @David: I'm trying to push myself with making photos this semester. In the last one I noticed that I'd be better of then. I have some problems when it comes to theoretical stuff so I somehow need to make up for that.^^

Another photo will come soon (tomorrow probably) but first...

[align=center]Lunara Moonwing

Source

One of the rare cases I took a request. This is for the 1-year-annivery of my girlfriend and me. It's a pokemon (Flygon) with some features she's giving to OCs that are meant to represent her.

Hope you like it as well. :)

Like I said in my other topic, I somehow managed to finish a lot of stuff today, which was kind of exhausting, but worth it. :D

RockingScorpion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice :) The tail reminds me a little of "Toothless" ;)

Wow, I suppose she's gonna love it, yep, yep, yep! Oh, and congrats! :D Wish I had a girlfriend to begin with...

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, Ducky123. And yes, the tail is somewhat similar. ;)

And like I said, another photo.

[align=center]A Shadow Like A Leopard - Cover (german)

Source

I once made a book presentation about this. Then a few years later I made another one with this book. And now, some more years later again, I made a cover for it.

Well, third time's the charm, so I'll put it in my shelf now. :D

All rights go to their respective owners. The book can be found here: Click.

Hope you like it. :)

PS: I also think it's funny that the hero in this book is called Ramon Santiago. What else can be shortened to "RS", hm? :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Really stupid? :lol Kidding of course... Quite nice composition there :) I don't know the book but the cover does look sorta mysterious and inviting (to a reader anyway).

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
ReallyStupid.deviantart.com. I'll use that one as a watermark when I think it fits on some future upload, to confuse some of my watchers. That's genius. :D

I've read the book (a few times, believe me xD) and so was able to make a concept very close to the stuff that's happening. What I can say without giving away too much from the story is that the three things on the photo are things that are important to the main character.

Then of course there are a few other things but telling every single thought that went into the concept is not what I tend to do. :D

Thanks for the comment. :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
And I did use reallystupid.deviantart.com as a watermark. :D

But not on this one:

[align=center]Lunara Moonwing - Digicolored

Source

Next one will be LBT-Related again and might just be my most difficult piece so far. I'm trying to make it as good as I can.

Hope you like it. :)

RockingScorpion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The colour scheme looks nice :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky123: This is just the regular color scheme for that pokemon ;)

I got two things now:

[align=center]Amaura Sprite

Source

Recently Pokemon OR/AS came out, and I'm currently playing AS, with this pokemon in my team. The funny thing is, before this pokemon got announced, I wrote in another forum that I'd love to have a pokemon based on a sauropod.

"Well here it is, RS, no problem, we did it just for you."
Pokemon Developers.

Yeah sure. :D
But I totally dig this one and ordered a limited edition plushie straight from Japan today. I wonder when I'll get it...

Expect more Amaura Fanart, I'd say. :D

The 2nd thing:

[align=center]Beyond the Streets, Above the Clouds

Source

This is basically a background I made for a photoshop composing, but in the end it didn't work out. My other idea does though, and even if I have no use for this background (maybe someday) I think it still has something to it, so...yeah, that's it.

I will also upload the final composing when it's done and delivered (around thursday).

Oh and I won't say what I did in the picture above. You can take guesses though, but don't expect me to reveal it. :p

Also, if that title sounds familiar, you're probably a Disney Fan. :D

I guess that's it then, so...
Hope you like it, and until next time. :)

RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I said expect more Amaura Fanart and here it is! :D

Pretty much just a quick something I did today.
(And I do hope that Amaura plushie I ordered from Japan will arrive here on monday. Too bad they're not really exporting their merchandise to other countries.

[align=center]Amaura Pencil Drawing

Source

This is what I did for the composing in the end.

[align=center]Is Flying Really Better

Source

I don't know what I could add here so I'll leave it at that. And I'm watching a few let's play videos on youtube (Scykoh, he's a pretty good one) so I'm kindabusyandwannacontinuesobyeun...

Just kidding, that much time I'll take. xD

Hope you like what I got here, and until next time then. :)

RockingScorpion