The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 43800

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
How much time do you spend per day with each drawing? The level of detail with the character and background is always splendid and on point with only minor flaws here and there.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Unfortunately I do not at the moment, although I do have a picture of Blue and Indigo in the works   :Mo and Misty is a longneck so i’m not sure she’d spend much time around two biters but I’d say she’s roughly Indigo’s age, maybe a bit older!

Oh, seems I misread your earlier post. For some reason I thought Misty was siblings with Blue and Indigo. So it's just Blue and Indigo that are related then?

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
How much time do you spend per day with each drawing? The level of detail with the character and background is always splendid and on point with only minor flaws here and there.

On average, it roughly takes me about 5 hours from when i sketch it out to shading and coloring, if i don’t have other priorities, it takes even less time  :PAli and thank you so much!!  :DD

Unfortunately I do not at the moment, although I do have a picture of Blue and Indigo in the works   :Mo and Misty is a longneck so i’m not sure she’d spend much time around two biters but I’d say she’s roughly Indigo’s age, maybe a bit older!

Oh, seems I misread your earlier post. For some reason I thought Misty was siblings with Blue and Indigo. So it's just Blue and Indigo that are related then?

Yep! The two lovable idiots  :PCera
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aw that Littlefoot and Chomper one is absolutely lovely! Keep up the amazing work! :D

Do you have a Deviantart account by any chance?

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you Mumbling!!  :)littlefoot  And no, I don’t have one at the moment, but I am thinking of making one now  :thinking

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
So I’m back at work which means I don’t have as much time for large scale paintings, but fortunately I’m still able to make time for simpler pieces, so here’s a Shorty I did as a small warmup and as practice with drawing in the LBT style  :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Shorty! :lol

You nailed him!
Inactive, probably forever.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
That expression is peak Shorty, quintessentially him through most of LBT10. Lines are a little rough, but I think it actually somehow adds to the effect this time. :P
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Well, wasn’t this a wonderful surprise? To see this as the first thing when I woke up this morning and decided to check the forum for new topics. First of all, it is great to see you do more drawings of the canon characters. I have no issues with OCs, but I find the canon characters to be much more intriguing to see on paper. Even though, I still hope we get to see more original character pictures from you at some point as they are quite great to look at. The background was a good choice for this sort of a drawing, as the colors don’t accidentally blend in together, avoiding a possible degradation. Like Owls, I think that the rough lines actually make the drawing look even better, giving Shorty that sort of a hardcore feeling that he showed throughout LBT10. If there is one small critique I can spot, it’s that Shorty’s neck is slightly too extended, therefore resulting in the quality to subside a tad, but not overly so. You did a pretty good job with drawing Shorty and like others, I believe you managed to nail him perfectly. :D

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, nothing much to say other than nice job! You are one of the most dedicated people I’ve seen when it comes to making a lot of drawings, and you surely don’t disappoint. A rather simple one this time, but running short on time, it’s still a great one. I have to agree with Owls as well that the rough lines makes the drawing look better overall. No criticism from me this time, I’m satisfied. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for all the feedback guys!! Glad I didn’t disappoint  :duckyhappy

I haven’t posted here since October, mostly because I haven’t really made anything LBT related since then. But here’s a start, featuring one of the characters from Across the Seasons, Mila! this is actually a redraw of a much older picture, so here’s the two side by side for comparison. First one is the old one, and the second is the new drawing  :smile

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:40:46 PM by jassy »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh what the heck I missed your Shorty drawing!? Well it looks good!

For the Mila drawings it looks like you smoothed the shading on it for the new drawing. Also looks like its eye is a lot more intense. Looks like the feathers have changed colour? (though that might be because of the change of lighting between the drawings). Personally I think I like the cooler grey background with the mountains in the first drawing over the sunset but both of them are great!  :)littlefoot

Good to see you drawing some more art!  :chompysmile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
You really have a talent Jassy! Do you paint with computer program or is it combo of computer and sketch?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Hey, I've been anticipating new art from you, Jassy. What a wonderful surprise this was. I can't say I'm that up-to-date with the character, though. It has been quite a while since I read your fanfic and I personally do not recall ever reading about this particular character. Never mind that, she (it's a girl, isn't it? :p) looks wonderful in both drawings, although I actually prefer the older version, the new one looks quite nice with the intense color and background change. The water looks also more detailed in the newer version, which I quite like. The shading on it is just amazingly detailed as well. You did well on both, Jassy. I'd love to see more from you! :)

I may have asked this already, but have you considered doing this for a living? I feel like you would do well in that department from the quality of your drawings. :D

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Love the background on old picture much better, but dino became better with time. :)
Nice!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I love the Littlefoot and Chomper piece. You really captire the perspnalities of both LBT characters and non-LBT dinosaurs; you can easily discern what the animal is thinking, feeling, and what it intends. As for your latest piece, I prefer it to the older one. Is the species Troodon?

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Oh what the heck I missed your Shorty drawing!? Well it looks good!

For the Mila drawings it looks like you smoothed the shading on it for the new drawing. Also looks like its eye is a lot more intense. Looks like the feathers have changed colour? (though that might be because of the change of lighting between the drawings). Personally I think I like the cooler grey background with the mountains in the first drawing over the sunset but both of them are great!  :)littlefoot

Good to see you drawing some more art!  :chompysmile

haha thanks Flathead!! Yeah the feathers look more reddish, but that’s just cause of the lighting. I wanted to experiment a little, but I’m glad you like both of them! :)littlefoot

You really have a talent Jassy! Do you paint with computer program or is it combo of computer and sketch?

Thank you! Much appreciated  :^^spike I actually don’t use a computer at all, I use the Autodesk Sketchbook app on my phone!

Hey, I've been anticipating new art from you, Jassy. What a wonderful surprise this was. I can't say I'm that up-to-date with the character, though. It has been quite a while since I read your fanfic and I personally do not recall ever reading about this particular character. Never mind that, she (it's a girl, isn't it? :p) looks wonderful in both drawings, although I actually prefer the older version, the new one looks quite nice with the intense color and background change. The water looks also more detailed in the newer version, which I quite like. The shading on it is just amazingly detailed as well. You did well on both, Jassy. I'd love to see more from you! :)

I may have asked this already, but have you considered doing this for a living? I feel like you would do well in that department from the quality of your drawings. :D

Thanks so much Anagnos! It’s always good to hear from you  :smile yeah, I can’t really blame you for that, I haven’t updated it in like a whole year  :p but yes, she is in there. She’s one of the antagonists.

I have actually given it some thought, and I might do it on the side and take commissions and stuff while I’m working on my degree. Hopefully I can commit to it  :PAli

Love the background on old picture much better, but dino became better with time. :)
Nice!

Ty Sneak!! I guess that it’s a popular opinion that the old background was much better but glad you like both of them either way!

I love the Littlefoot and Chomper piece. You really captire the perspnalities of both LBT characters and non-LBT dinosaurs; you can easily discern what the animal is thinking, feeling, and what it intends. As for your latest piece, I prefer it to the older one. Is the species Troodon?

Thank you so much!! That means a lot to me to hear, especially since I’m not always sure if I’m conveying the emotions properly  :OhYou and the species is actually Baryonyx!

Here’s another piece I started on last night of another LBT character of mine, Misty! some of you may remember her from the doodles I did of her sometime last year, but I needed to try and actually draw her for once  :PCera

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:41:20 PM by jassy »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Baryonyx was my first guess, always stick to a first guess! :)
You do this all via Apple?! That is incredible.

Do you take requests?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:03:17 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Mmm...great art again jassy. Comparing your first drawing with your second one, I see noticeable improvements such as smoother lines and an overall cleaner appearance. As Flathead770 already stated, the eye does look more intense, more vicious in nature. Although, there are some aspects I prefer on the older picture over the newer one. For one, the shading on the former makes Mila appear more muscular, therefore much more appealing to me. The feathers are overall cooler to me as well, although that may be just a matter of color preference. Others have expressed that the background in the first picture is better, and I agree to a certain extent. While I think the second background by itself was drawn and shaded in finer, the first one just complements the palette of the dinosaur greatly.

You only started on Misty last night!? Dang, I wonder how you do this. :olittlefoot
It's still far from the caliber of two previous drawings, but it's a great work in progress.

Overall, awesome job! :chompysmile

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great job with both drawings, Jassy. It's always nice to see art about your story and you certainly are able to give the characters more feeling. Keep it up! :)littlefoot