The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

FIFA World Cup 2010

Dima02 · 29 · 2742

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Just watched the USA vs Ghana game. :( I want to be mad at the Ghanaians for stalling so badly, and at the referee for letting them, but I know America would have done the same thing if we were in the lead.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No need to be upset by the fact that the US just lost. I thought it was a fair and honest game. (unlike that USA vs Slovenia game <_< ) The US has greatly improved in the last few World Cups, but they're just not capable of being champions just yet. I'm sure they'll win someday.

With the US out this year, I'm going back to my original bet, and that's Spain. I still can't believe they managed to beat Chile 2-1.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
England is postively seething at the 4-1 defeat against Germany on Sunday. Not with the fact that it was against Germany (which most fans would have rallied up and chanted about) but the England squad's performance was utterly appalling. Weak and pot-holed defence by our back men was embarrassing. Germany ran circles round our defence and played them like chumps. Germany were easily the better team in that match coz our guys couldn't tell their arse from their elbow. Everyone ranted and jeered the ref for Lampard's disallowed goal (which on replay was blatently in since it crossed the goal line) and rightly so. But at the end of the 90mins, Germany trounced us. They were the stronger, more organised side. Looks like England's dream of a 1966 repeat will have to wait another 4 years. Never mind eh lads? Head on back to your WAGs, fast cars and mansions on your £20m a year pay packets and we'll plan ahead for the next big competition.  :lol  :p  :rolleyes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Everyone ranted and jeered the ref for Lampard's disallowed goal (which on replay was blatently in since it crossed the goal line) and rightly so.
Aye, that one was definitely a goal and everyone here acknowledges so. Perhaps it really would be a good idea to really allow for cameras to verify such cases rather than just the inattentive referees. However there are also some who think about this with some malicious joy remembering the third goal of 1966.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I don't follow soccer very closely, but I know enough to say that a 4-1 win is a total blowout.  :blink: Dang. Whoever the German coach is, he must have done a very good job.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I just heard about the Netherlands/Brazil match. I am legitimately surprised. I didn't know much about the Netherlands team, though upon some basic research they're apparently a highly-ranked team. Funny that they didn't even make Dima's poll, though, and they're now the farthest team in the World Cup.

Brazil must be really pissed though. To lose like that in the quarterfinals...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Brazil has the right to be upset about losing to Netherlands. I didn't watch the match, but based on what I've read, I suppose you could put the blame on Felipe Melo. Netherlands won against Brazil 2-1, and the first of the two points for Netherlands came from an own-goal by Melo early in the second half. Then, later in the second half, Melo got a red card for intentionally stepping on another player's leg.

Brazil's coach has admitted responsibility for the defeat and will leave his position as coach, but honestly, Melo should be ashamed for what he did in this match.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I watched both of the semi-finals. Netherlands and Spain are moving on to the final match, and neither of them have ever won the World Cup. I honestly can't wait to see what happens on Sunday. I'm hoping to see Spain win. :D

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm quite surprised by the lack of replies to this topic at this time.

Anyway, I watched the final yesterday and, for those of you who didn't, Spain won, 1-0. That winning goal was made near the end of extra time, so it was a very close game. Also, the way I saw it, the Dutch team played a rather dirty game. 14 yellow cards were given (which I heard is now the most in any World Cup final match), 9 of them went to Dutch players. One of them I remember in particular is when one Dutch player kicked a Spanish player in the chest, which I think should have been enough for a red card.

- Berix