The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Oregon Trail

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone remember this game?  I'm sure most of us have encountered this game at school at one time or another.  This is one of the first computer games I ever played.  I have Oregon Trail 2 and I still play it quite often.  I am amazed that a game that came out in 1994 still works on Vista.  Anyway, I like Oregon Trail 2 better than the first one because it has so many more features.

In the first one you traveled from Independence, Missouri to Oregon City, Oregon in the year 1848.  In the second game you can start out in independence, St. Joseph, Council Bluffs, or Nauvoo.  Destinations are Oregon City, Sacramento, California, Salt Lake City, and the Rogue River Valley.  

You can travel not only on the Oregon Trail but also on the Mormon Trail and the California Trail.  There are also various cutoffs you can take along the way.  You can travel between the years of 1840-1860.  The supply stops and cutoffs depend on the year you travel.

1840 is probably the hardest year to travel in because there are very few forts along the way.  For instance, once you leave Independence, Missouri, you don't get a chance to buy supplies again until you reach Fort Laramie, which is in Wyoming.    In later years you have supply stops all along the way.    

This is a fun game that I always enjoyed playing and I still enjoy playing it even today.