The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by DiddyKF1

DiddyKF1 · 51 · 11502

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile

I was bored today, and since I love seeing pictures of Ducky and Petrie together, I thought I'd make one of my own!  :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:06:24 AM by DiddyKF1 »
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wow, this looks good! I like it. You can draw definitely very good! :)
I can't see any big mistakes. It looks overall good. Especially Petrie looks very like the original! :)
The only issue that I can see is Ducky's right arm, it looks a bit too long.
Apart from that it's a really cool picture! The background fits to the situation in my opinion.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's quite impressive! I really like Petrie's pose and both expressions look good. I also cannot see any major mistakes and I agree with Leventell that Ducky's right arm looks a little long. Aside from that and the lines being a little rough it's a great drawing. Looking forward to seeing more if you decide on continuing making artwork! :DD

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
This is incredible!!! Good job!
(nice background, too!)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a really nice drawing! :smile Petrie and Ducky's expressions look very good and the duo's pose works as a whole. The anatomy is done quite nicely and the drawing has a cool and happy feeling to it. However, I don't know if it's because of the extremely detailed background picture but some of the characters' outlines seem abrupt or angular. I'm not really sure why but despite that, well done on this picture! :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What program did you make this with? it's simple but the lineart and colours are pretty spot on aside from the tiny little detail the others already mentioned ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123 on Feb 17 2018, 03:19:39 PM
What program did you make this with? it's simple but the lineart and colours are pretty spot on aside from the tiny little detail the others already mentioned ^^spike
I made it with Paint.Net. It's the only one I have.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow that is amazing work.  :wow The only critique that I could offer is that some of the lining makes the characters look a bit distinct from the background, but that is a minor detail.  I eagerly look forward to your future works.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I made it with Paint.Net. It's the only one I have.

Wow! With Paint.net! I also use it, and I never thought you can create such great works with it!
You must be really skilled at this!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I only use it for post-work on my scanned/photographed art :o

(maybe should just give drawing with it a try as well?  :idea

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

I had this idea for a while, so here's Petrie trying not to be so scared as a thunderstorm keeps him awake in the middle of the night. Thunderstorms keep me awake, so why not see it happen in the LBT universe?

I guess you could say that I (sort of) tried with the lighting in my own way, by how the lightning is reflecting on Petrie's head.

Again, this was made entirely on Paint.Net. I hope U like it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:07:41 AM by DiddyKF1 »

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It looks really good! The only nitpick I have is that the ground looks a bit flat, but great work otherwise! :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have to agree with zero-point.  The illustration of Petrie is very well done, though unfortunately its juxtaposition with the background makes Petrie look a little flat.  But this doesn't change the fact that this is a nicely done drawing.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus on Apr 8 2018, 12:54:07 PM
I have to agree with zero-point.  The illustration of Petrie is very well done, though unfortunately its juxtaposition with the background makes Petrie look a little flat.  But this doesn't change the fact that this is a nicely done drawing.  :yes
Thanks, bud. And yeah, I do tend to struggle with juxtaposition. There's one thing I can say, though: I tried taking your advice on not making the character outlines so obvious like I had done on my previous DuckyxPetrie pic, so that it looked a little more smoother. Other than that, let's just say I'm a little lazy with shading effects.

BTW, what program do you use for artwork? Seeing that Paint.Net is obviously not the most effective but it's what I'm stuck with for the moment.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really like Petrie's expression here and the feeling in the picture is really well done. While the flyer himself is nicely-drawn, I can only second what was already said about the outlines in this picture looking a bit jagged and the background makes this problem ever more profound. Aside from that, good job! :yes
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:44:56 PM by Sovereign »

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
BTW, what program do you use for artwork? Seeing that Paint.Net is obviously not the most effective but it's what I'm stuck with for the moment.

I do not actually do art as I completely lack any talent for free-form drawing. I can draft a proper floorplan or architectural profile at a drafting desk or using Autocad, but I cannot do creative artwork for the life of me.  This is why I am hesitant in reviewing artwork besides giving some of my general impressions of the artwork. I have heard good things about GIMP and Inkscape, however.  Both of those programs are free.

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus on Apr 8 2018, 02:42:17 PM
I have heard good things about GIMP and Inkscape, however.  Both of those programs are free.
Hmm, maybe I'll try one of those sometime.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I very much like the pose for Petrie here and on a whole he is drawn well. Him holding his snuggly stick is a nice touch too. Other people have already mentioned this in another way but the brighter the light source, the darker the shadow cast will be so the lightning would cast a fairly dark shadow. Here is an example of this from Dragon Ball. (that may be a bit of an exaggerated case but I think it gets the point across). Just a heads up for future reference.

Great job :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think your attempt on the light effect from the lightning was a full success! I struggle a lot with hownto include light and shadow in my work and it gives me a lot of struggles and frustration trying to somehow figure it out.

Krita is another digital painting software. It's a bit confusing at first glance but it has many features to create really good-looking art :smile

When I bought my graphic tablet, it came with ArtRage Lite which I can also recommend. Simple to use a d still has a decent amount of useful features for painting in particular.