The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers RP Thread

Serris · 58 · 12755

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Well it seems that F-22 has dropped out (temporarily).

What would the advantages and disadvantages of them?

Also, I was thinking of using both attacks. Some terrorists reach the aux control room first but they call for reinforcements before James and co. kill them.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Well, if the terrorists get there first, they can use the base defenses against James and co. Might provide an opportunity for some of Starfall's characters to sacrifice themselves. (A note about that below) In addition, they'd be able to torture Shelton for more information (which I'm fine with, as long as they don't kill him)

If James and co. reach first, they'll have the base defenses on their side, and some terrorists will have the opportunity to escape and get back to the hangar with the bridge. Personally, the former option seems to provide more drama, since our characters have been on the defense for most of the story.

Two other things, while I'm here:

While Starfall asked us to kill all his characters, I think Neku should be spared, especially since his relationship with Snow has been built up for the entire RP. Alternately, that could give him the incentive to sacrifice himself, if Snow were in serious danger.

Also, a question about what's going on with everybody captured by the shadow creatures. I don't think anyone has any plans for that. We could have Kerzach and the captured characters win the shadow creatures over to our side. Then, now that we have an adequate fighting force, we can attack the hangar, and fight the terrorists to stop them from using the bridge, leading to the climax of the entire RP.

Actually, it kind of makes sense that they'd side with us; they are fellow Pelvanida personnel, and their commanders had just ditched them for the terrorists.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Now the other part of the RP, the Dragonstorm scientists. It's not like we can leave them alone either. They'll want James and co. dead because they know too much about Dragonstorm.

And it is a nice change of pace for James and co. to go on the offensive.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
We should eaither notify f-22 that we're waiting on him. Or move on without his character responding. He's had at least eight posts in the RP section since James asked Hans the question, I don't think he knows we're waiting on him.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to save the Dragonstorm scientists for the sequel.

It would prolong the story but I'm not sure if that's really feasible. Yes, the rogue scientists are every bit a threat as the terrorists, perhaps even more so.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, it seems like the RP is wrapping up nicely. The terrorists were the original antagonists, after all. Once their beaten in aux control and in the hangar, Pelvanida would be won back; it'd seem odd to keep the RP going.

Another thing: my fan fic won't prevent any sequels, because (spoiler alert) the characters that made it through the bridge are anti-matter duplicates accidentally created by the bridge. The real characters got spat back out and probably just assumed the bridge failed.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Serris,Feb 19 2009 on  11:11 PM
Hmm. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to save the Dragonstorm scientists for the sequel.

It would prolong the story but I'm not sure if that's really feasible. Yes, the rogue scientists are every bit a threat as the terrorists, perhaps even more so.
Actually, we should have some sort of closure regarding the Dragonstorm story. I think once we take aux control we should seal the Dragonstorm room and drastically lower the oxygen levels in it. They'll pass out, but still be alive, and presumably put into custody at the end. If we do a sequel, it could start with them escaping from prison or something.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
f-22, Serris, I've seen both of you post in the Random Role Play section without continuing the Darwin Soldiers thread. I know it's almost over, but let's wrap it up so we can get started on the next one.

We need the terrorists to arrive in aux control, and then we need James and co. to show up and fight them for it.

I'm not trying to be rude, (sorry if I am), but Darwin's Soldiers had been the only RP I've ever posted in, and I really want to see it finished.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You know, right now, all that's happening in the RP is us fighting terrorists, and the bridge was never blown up. You think the terrorists should pull off a Plan B, consisting of a back-up generator that reactivates the bridge, and forces us to destroy it? This would also make the ending of the RP a little more climactic, if the last of the the terrorists die attempting to jump through the collapsing bridge.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Mar 9 2009 on  06:45 PM
You think the terrorists should pull off a Plan B, consisting of a back-up generator that reactivates the bridge, and forces us to destroy it? This would also make the ending of the RP a little more climactic, if the last of the the terrorists die attempting to jump through the collapsing bridge.
Yeah I think they should.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah, the terrorists probably expected a full scale assault like this so they'd probably have a plan B.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The RP is so close to being done I can taste it!

What's left? Should we have one more post from f-22 and Starfall, detailing their character's escapes from the hangar, and then Serris wraps it up by blowing the bridge and providing the conclusion?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds good. I'll then post a redirect on this page to the sequel discussion thread.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Just FYI, I realized we never gave the Igunana guard a name, so I went back and edited one of my posts. There's now one mention of his name being Neville Iver, (though of course, since Serris was the one who created the character, I can change or delete that if you like. I just thought he deserved a name.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's okay.

I'm not sure how to end it though; is Starfall going to bring the characters back into the base.

I know I'll end it with the group restoring communications and the US military (possibly the US Cyber-Psi Corps) coming in.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Regarding the RP...

I think Starfall's final post was a great ending post. Unless you want to add a post, maybe detailing the military showing up (though I'm not sure we need that, since we know they're coming) or something, Serris, I think the RP is on a great ending note.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll PM a request to Nick to archive it. I'll let everyone's imaginations fill in the ending (and I'll elaborate on the coda for the sequel).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've moved the story to the finished section, so we can start on the sequel..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: