The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long RP

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail placed his claw on his belly as he heard it rumble at the mention of food, but he sighed aloud as he looked up to face Mim and answered her question.
"I'm worried...what the other elders will think of me now that they know my secret...whenever my heritage is revealed in a herd....I'm always...always exiled from it...and I can't....I just can't take that kind of rejection anymore..."
He then said in a sad voice, "Yes...I might not feel like eating, but breakfast would be best for me right now."

~~~~

Grandpa Longneck chuckled at Threehorns response.
"Oh you know Cory means well, and he is still a hatchling, while his method of fun may not be the wisest, you could at least try to smile about it." he said with a smile.
"And thank you for letting me know where my mate is."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Not everyone will like you, regardless.  As nice as Littlefoot's grandfather is I'm sure there are some who don't like him, Threehorn for instance." Mim said.  Then she smiled, "What sort of food are you hungry for, a certain type of leaf, tree sweet or something else?" She asked.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail just looked sad.
"I do guess you're right. We'll just have to see where our loyalties lie huh?" he asked Mim, he then answered her question. "I think...tree sweets will make me feel better."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim smiled, "Ok, let's go over here, there's a treesweet tree not to far away." She said and walked over in the direction where the tree was and started to climb up it once she had reached it.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"We'll duel at the usual place; the Thundering Falls Lake!" Deimos replied.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hmm" Topsy grumbled, "Well I suppose right now Cory isn't the biggest child problem of this Valley" he admitted, looking to Grandpa Longneck, "Any better idea of what we're going to do about...him?" the threehorn asked simply and unashamedly of how he titled Longtail, yet the secret that had just been spilled was a bit thing to be dealt with.

He'd formed his own opnions of course, but still, the longnecks and him were a team. He had waited on their input to kick Pterano out of the traveling herd, and he would honor their input here too.

~~~~

"You know Cory, you shoudln't get Mr. Threehorn any more madder" Kit pointed out at the watering hole, "he...well after yesterday..." the young one broke off, glancing down.

Grandma Longneck smiled, "Don't worry dear, majority of this Valley has known Longtail for a while now, and they will remember that when weighing this...new news".

Kit just nodded sadly, still feeling worried over Longtail's ultimate fate...a relation of hers with a half sharptoothed flyer heritage who had yet to be discovered in his visiting was also in her thoughts and how this was dealt with would show her better if in addition to the family she'd already lost due to banishment that would be added to...after the loss of a friend.

Yet...Grandma Longneck was right, these dinosaurs about were her neighbors and she had to have faith in them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim finished climbing up the tree and pulled off a few tree sweets, going to the lowest branch to drop them onto soft grass so they would not be harmed.   "Here come some." She said before she dropped the first one.  

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante hopped up and down on the balls of his feet, waiting for his match against Deimos to begin...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos held his staff in a ready position waiting for Dante to strike.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck sighed as he looked around for a moment.
"Yes while I agree, that this news is rather shocking...I feel some of the other elders here in the valley are being too hard on Longtail. He is still a hatchling after all, and even if he is...different, he has still done many great and helpful things, including fighting those rouge sharpteeth." He then gave a small smile as he began to walk off and said, "Well in any case, I hope the rest of your day goes well."

~~~~

Longtail smiled as he jumped up and caught the first few falling tree sweets. He continued to grab and hold as many as he could...before falling over and being buried in the pile he'd collected with a laugh.

Cyrix at that moment stepped out of the surrounding bushes and smiled.
"Would you two like some help?" he asked Mim and Longtail with a chuckle.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim smiled and stopped what she was doing, seeing Cyrix and the pile Longtail was under. "I wonder if Longtail will need help with getting himself free." Mim said smiling at the funny image.  

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix laughed again.
"Oh I doubt he'll need help. He's going to try and eat his way out...and the last time he tried he made himself sick, but perhaps he'll get it right this time?" Cyrix commented with a light hearted sigh.

Longtail however was indeed trying to eat his way out and was going at a steadily fast pace, but it was working....kinda. He had to admit, these tree sweets did make him feel better.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well, hopefully he'll stop before he makes himself sick." Mim said, hoping Longtail would not eat to much and get sick.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hmm...I doubt it" Topsy grumbled, yet moved off to deal with other things this day.

~~~~

At the watering hole, Cory leapt up and splashed Kit just for the purpose of trying to get her to feel better. He did get a laugh out of her, "Cory, stop it!".

Grandma Longneck smiled, the young ones certainly did know how to all cheer each other up, they were almost like their own little herd with eachother she mused, since most of the adult talk went over their heads she'd noticed.

She turned as she noticed her mate approach, "Ah, I thought you were sleeping in" she commented with a smile.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante faced off against Deimos, holding his stick lightly at his side before he smiled, then leapt into the air, drawing his stick as he did so...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos moved out of the way of Dante's attack and retaliated by swiping with his staff as Dante landed.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck smiled in reply.
"Well I'm not, but our grandson seems to enjoy his sleep. He's still at the nest as far as I know." He looked down to see Cory and Kit splashing in the water, and it brought a frown to his face as he asked his mate.
"What do you think about Longtail? I don't think any of the other elders are being fair."

~~~~

Longtail had finally eaten enough tree sweets to stick his head out of the pile. "Hi uncle Cyrix, how are you?" he asked with a childish smile on his beak.

Cyrix couldn't help but laugh as he nodded his head and replied.
"I'm doing just fine nephew...however, I believe you and I should go for a walk." He then turned to Mim and asked, "Is that alright with you?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "I can eat 1 or 2 of the treesweets and off some to some other folks who live here.  Its not like they would say no, unless they are full." Mim said starting to pick up some treesweets.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled at Mim and picked up a few treesweets as well and handed them to her.
"Alright we won't be gone long Mim." he said with a never ending smile as he turned and walked away.

Longtail stood up from out of the pile and began to follow his uncle into the nearby grove of bushes and trees.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim picked up the rest, leaving a few in case Cyrix was hunger when he came back and went off to see fi she could find any dinos who would like any of the treesweets she had as she ate one.